• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ 2012 ] CJ Timeshare Buyer Beware

pacodemountainside

TUG Member
Reaction score
Eileen:

You done good. Just ask any Wyndham closer to put anything lying sales person told you in writing. Sales person and cronies will beat you up good, proclaim Wyndham is largest time share company in world and listed on NYSE! And, you have the nerve to question their credibility????

mn2014

Reaction score
trying to get reservation is like pulling teeth

we recently purchased a timeshare and as stated in contract we had option to request a guest week at our resort during escrow period. we paid in full as ebay ad said we had 5 days to pay and made our request at same time. it has been 3 weeks and all I get is delay tactics from CJ employees. they sometimes respond to emails and phone calls but often I feel like I have to chase them for info. they are very bad at feedback or communicating status of purchase or reservation. glad I got good deal and they seem like a legit org but this is painful--like pulling teeth.

LosingHope
:shrug:

cubigbird

Tug Review Crew Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Westin Kierland X2, Westin St John-Sunset Bay X2, Westin Desert Willow, Westin Aventuras
we recently purchased a timeshare and as stated in contract we had option to request a guest week at our resort during escrow period. we paid in full as ebay ad said we had 5 days to pay and made our request at same time. it has been 3 weeks and all I get is delay tactics from CJ employees. they sometimes respond to emails and phone calls but often I feel like I have to chase them for info. they are very bad at feedback or communicating status of purchase or reservation. glad I got good deal and they seem like a legit org but this is painful--like pulling teeth.

LosingHope
:shrug:

I often find the prices of their auctions to be a bit hefty and the weeks listed aren't anything unusual that would command a higher price.

glenmore

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I bought a July week at Barrier Island Station - exactly what we wanted and have been looking for over several years.

The service has been excellent. When I contacted them to ask a few questions, I was told the price was negotiable. We negotiated, much to our satisfaction, and are thrilled with our 3 bedroom lockout and our time period.

We have bought from them before and had the same good luck. I would buy from them again.

CruiseGuy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Panama City Beach, Bonnet Creek, and Royal Vista
CJ Timeshares current listings seem overpriced. Many with high minimum bids. And lots of additional fees in addition to the bid price.

Myxdvz

TUG Member
Reaction score
I bought from CJ as well. I'm surprised you're being allowed to make a reservation before the transfer is fully complete.

With my purchase, it was very clear that "Due to recent changes in Wyndham’s reservation policies, we are no longer able to make guest reservations or transfer points while the transfer is in process. You will be able to make reservations and take full advantage of your points once Wyndham acknowledges transfer of ownership. "

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
I'm on my second purchase with CJ. They've always been professional with me. If you see a listing you like, call and make an offer. You don't have to pay the asking price.

mn2014

Reaction score
update: good news all around... first our guest reservation is now complete and yesterday our deed got recorded. we are very happy with the outcome, it took some time and constant requests for updates but finally got done. as for prices, I'm willing to pay for something I want. and we were able to get a guest reservation because it was in purchase contract and the resort still offers it.:cheer: