• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Missing Full Points from Resale?

Richardsdeals

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wyndham just recorded a resale we purchased and placed the points on our account. This was for a contract that had 154,000 points. The buyer told us we had 0 points for 2014, but the full points for 2015 and 2016.

When the contract showed up on our account today, we only have 117,000 points and 135 housekeeping credits for 2015. We have the full amounts for 2016.

I have emailed the buyer and I am waiting to hear from them. They own other contracts, so I am sure it could have been a simple mistake.

I called Wyndham and they verified over the phone with me that 117,000 was the correct amount of points left for next year. They said the previous owner did make reservations under that contract.

QUESTION: What are my options at this point? If the buyer agrees to reimburse me, how would we do that with points? Or, what other options would you all suggest?

I appreciate all the input.

Richard

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wyndham just recorded a resale we purchased and placed the points on our account. This was for a contract that had 154,000 points. The buyer told us we had 0 points for 2014, but the full points for 2015 and 2016.

When the contract showed up on our account today, we only have 117,000 points and 135 housekeeping credits for 2015. We have the full amounts for 2016.

I have emailed the buyer and I am waiting to hear from them. They own other contracts, so I am sure it could have been a simple mistake.

I called Wyndham and they verified over the phone with me that 117,000 was the correct amount of points left for next year. They said the previous owner did make reservations under that contract.

QUESTION: What are my options at this point? If the buyer agrees to reimburse me, how would we do that with points? Or, what other options would you all suggest?

Richard

The problem here is that when we make reservations on line we cant designate which contract the points come from. So a seller can have enough points in the account and advertise that they are included with the sale but those points are actually associated with another contract

What did the estopple say? and what did your contract say?

I see two ways to handle this and Ive been involved in transactions handled both ways

1)Assuming a cooperative seller the easy way to compensate you will be for the buyer to pay you with money. or by making reservations for you.

2) If the reservations made with your points are still in his account get the help of an experienced owner care person and cancel those reservations and put the points in your account. They will show up as cancelled points. Ive been involved in transaction handled both ways

If the points went into reservations and those vacations have already happened, I think owner care can still help, but I dont know how.

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score

Richard

Probably the simplest approach is to ask that the seller reimburse you for the maintenance fees associated with the missing points.

Richardsdeals

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks.

I received a response from the previous owner. They were very apologetic and are going to contact Wyndham. They ensured me that they would make sure I get the use of those points.

Appreciate your help.

Richard

Rent_Share

TUG Member
Reaction score
Gee if Wyndham hadn't blocked owner to owner points transfer, it would be simple to fix

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Gee if Wyndham hadn't blocked owner to owner points transfer, it would be simple to fix

True enough....keep pushing Worldmark to do something about the "rental problem" and you will get to experience this yourself

Pietin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham-Glacier Canyon, Star Island, Cypress Palms, Pagosa Spring, Kingsgate, DVC - OKW, VGF
It may also depend upon the year use. I recieved less point than expected on a resale I just got in my account, sorta... The contract shoudl have had a full load of point for the Oct 1 and partial next year. Becuase I have contract already, Wyndham gave me partial for the October of this year, expiring in 12/31 of this year and full load for next year. All my contract date align and end 12/31. It works out to about 20k few than expected by that ok because I would have had to put more point in RCI that I wanted to.

Rent_Share

TUG Member
Reaction score
True enough....keep pushing Worldmark to do something about the "rental problem" and you will get to experience this yourself

If they could change that, they would have done it, anything to promote new sales

Richardsdeals

TUG Member
Reaction score
The owner contacted Wyndham and they gave her the following scenerio:

They suggested that I call to make a reservation and then get the previous owner on a 3 way call. Then, Wyndham would allow the previous owner to use 37K points (the amount we were short) towards my reservation and the rest from my account.

I called Wyndham today and mentioned the above scenerio and they would not allow us to do that.

So, I am going with Rob's suggestion and simply asking for reimbursement for the points based on the maintainence fees of the contract....which were really low. $4.27/1,000 pts plus $2.25 per missing housekeeping credit.

Richard

MaryBella7

TUG Member
Reaction score
How much did you pay for the contract without the transfer fees, etc.?

Vacationfuntips

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am surprised that Wyndham could not re-stack the previous owners points?

I am thinking that this might just be too late now. The previous owner's contract has transferred to you and is closed for the points you received.

Too bad the previous owner did not provide the Wyndham issued estoppel letter to you. They would have seen how many points that they had that issued with the contract. If it was not correct, or not what they were expecting to transfer it could have been corrected before the sale. The previous owner could have spoken with a Wyndham customer service agent to re-stack those points to make it right for you or to advertise the sale differently.

When making reservations online versus calling in, if you have multiple contracts you can not tell from which contract is pulling those points. If you need ARP for something - then it would be good to know the points account so you will have what you need and for when you need it.

Mistakes happen, hopefully, all works out?

Good luck!

Cynthia T. :)

Richardsdeals

TUG Member
Reaction score
Got it all worked out. The seller made a reservation for us, and actually reserved a unit with more points than they owed us. They were really apologetic and just gave us the extra points required for the reservation over what we were owed.