• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

club access or Bonnet Creek

woodyinatl

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Diamond Silver VIP
Wyndham Bonnet Creek and Wyndham Kingsgate
I already own 2 timeshares with Wyndham but I would really like to own Bonnet Creek and have more points so I can reserve the unit size I want (13 months in advance). However while I was at BC a few weeks ago the sales people were trying to get me to buy Club Access saying that is better than owning at 1 resort. Which is better? In either case I will buy resale since the 2 I own now I bought resale. I refuse to pay the developer price.

Last edited:

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
Both Bonnet Creek and CWA are desirable. Bonnet Creek has held its value better than other resorts, which is good when you're selling and less so when you're buying it. Because of the ARP rights of CWA points, and the stability of the maintenance fees (and limited SA's), CWA would be a good choice for many. I believe you could get a comparable number of CWA points for 25-40% less than points at Bonnet Creek. If I recall correctly, CWA and Bonnet Creek maintenance fees are very similar, but I believe I heard that Bonnet Creek's HOA is taking a potentially dangerous course of reducing the maintenance reserve over the next year or two which could result in an SA down the line. Owners at BC can comment on the latest developments on that.

I would opt for CWA over BC for those reasons.

Vacationfuntips

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just received a letter, maintenance fees may go up 6% for Wyndham Bonnet Creek next year.

Cynthia T. :)

woodyinatl

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Diamond Silver VIP
Wyndham Bonnet Creek and Wyndham Kingsgate
Sounds like I should go with Club Access. Does it matter what resort to try to purchase resale for the Club Access?

scootr5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
Sounds like I should go with Club Access. Does it matter what resort to try to purchase resale for the Club Access?

Club Access doesn't have specific resorts to purchase.

Designerd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Aren't the maintenance fees for CWA USUALLY higher than Bonnet Creek? I thought a few things that someone more experienced can validate:
1) CWA Fees were usually the avg of the CWA RESORTS. This is was what I thought made the fees higher. So even if a Bonnet creeks fees go up, it would seem that the CWA Fees would also since it uses an avg.

2) It was also my understanding that there were only a few CWAs rooms available for booking at the resorts for ARP?
- As an EXAMPLE: if there were 10 rooms in the resort: 8 rooms would be for the owners that own at Bonnet Creek and there would be 2 for the CWA owners to book during ARP. It was my understanding that this was the case at all CWA resorts. I have never seen a listing if how many rooms are actually CWA BEFORE BY RESORT BUT WOULD BE NICE TO KNOW BEFORE PURCHASING. **During the normal reservation period the access to use points were the same.

I have always liked the concept of using CWA POINTS TO HAVE ARP at multiple resorts vs one. But thought that fees could be higher and wasn't sure that I would have the same ARP ACCESS to the rooms to book at the resort.

Please someone validate or advise correct info.

Last edited:

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Aren't the maintenance fees for CWA USUSALLY higher than Bonnet Creek? I thought a few things that someone more experienced can validate:
1) CWA Fees were usually the avg of the CWA RESORTS. This is was what I thought made the fees higher. So even if a Bonnet creeks fees go up, it would seem that the CWA Fees would also since it uses an avg.

2) It was also my understanding that there were only a few CWAs rooms available for booking at the resorts for ARP?
- As an EXAMPLE: if there were 10 rooms in the resort: 8 rooms would be for the owners that own at Bonnet Creek and there would be 2 for the CWA owners to book during ARP. It was my understanding that this was the case at all CWA resorts. I have never seen a listing if how many rooms are actually CWA BEFORE BY RESORT BUT WOULD BE NICE TO KNOW BEFORE PURCHASING. **During the normal reservation period the access to use points were the same.

I have always liked the concept of using CWA POINTS TO HAVE ARP at multiple resorts vs one. But thought that fees could be higher and wasn't sure that I would have the same ARP ACCESS to the rooms to book at the resort.

Yes CWA mf is a weighted average of the mf of their holdings. and yes CWA mf is slightly higher than Bonnet Creek. and yes there is separate inventory, and yes no one knows exactly what that inventory is. I have seen the "book" that lists all CWA inventory, but only once and only for a few minutes when the sales manager actually thought he might sell me something.

The Club Wyndham Plus inventory at these resorts is 100% CWA
Wyndham Anaheim
Wyndham Angels Camp
Wyndham Bison Ranch
Wyndham Galena
Wyndham Grand Lake
Wyndham Indio
Wyndham Lake of the Ozarks
Wyndham Pinetop
Wyndham Rancho Vistoso
Wyndham Taos
Wyndham Tropicana at Las Vegas

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
Aren't the maintenance fees for CWA USUSALLY higher than Bonnet Creek? I thought a few things that someone more experienced can validate:

There has been a lot of discussion about how CWA ARP actually works. While the predominant working theory is that CWA ARP should only grant access to the specific CWA inventory at a resort, in practice it isn't clear whether the VC is actually looking at two different sets of inventory when booking your ARP reservation.

Regarding maintenance fees; yes, CWA is a portfolio of resorts (and I believe there is a small management fee on top; others can correct me if I'm wrong on this). However, it has been noted that a lot of the newer, higher points cost resorts are being added to CWA. When we look at the lowest MF cost resorts, they tend to be the newer, high points cost resorts such as Canterbury, National Harbor, etc. We are hearing that Park City and Beaver Creek are also CWA and they are both high points cost resorts as well. Over time this may drive the CWA average down, especially when compared against legacy resorts.

Finally, the volatility of changes should be lower with CWA as it is a portfolio rather than a single resort that could be subject to Special Assessments or larger increases in maintenance fees. From a market perspective, the desirability of CWA for these reasons may eventually work its way into resale pricing and CWA may end up costing more than all but the lowest MF resorts. With that in mind, and with Bonnet Creek pricing at a premium to other resorts at the same MF rate, I think CWA is the smarter buy now.

Disclosure: I own CWA and don't own Bonnet Creek. I have stayed at Bonnet Creek, however. :)

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Eric is right.. CWA fees include the maintenance fees from all the resorts, plus a CWA management fee, plus the Club Wyndham program fee.

Im pretty sure that there is different inventory. and it possible that all the CWA inventory is gone, but some deeded inventory is available or vice versa.. but I dont know for sure.. I dont do a lot of ARP, but when I have I have always been able to get what I want as long as Im on the phone at 8 am exactly 13 months in advance of check in

pacodemountainside

TUG Member
Reaction score
Looking at 2012 CWA financials, the latest I have, assessment was $4.89. Best I recall it has only increased a couple cents or so a year since inception in 2008.

For 2014 it is $4.92.

For 2012 Operating expenses including Management Fee were $0.33.

From reading governing document it appears there is a designated reservation service provider who handles reservations per agreement which is not in governing documents.

See following for latest discussion on CWA!

http://tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=

pacodemountainside

TUG Member
Reaction score
Eric is right.. CWA fees include the maintenance fees from all the resorts, plus a CWA management fee, plus the Club Wyndham program fee.

I'm pretty sure that there is different inventory. and it possible that all the CWA inventory is gone, but some deeded inventory is available or vice versa.. but I dont know for sure.. I dont do a lot of ARP, but when I have I have always been able to get what I want as long as Im on the phone at 8 am exactly 13 months in advance of check in

Hey Ron:

Know you have many CWA points and numerous deeds.

So, to put the question on whether CWA inventory is separate from other home resort ARP inventory do a quick check.

Call reservation for a high demand resort for Thanksgiving 2015 and ask about owner ARP inventory and then ask about CWA availability.

I just can't believe if resort has say 200 units and hundreds of CWA members with super fast fingers can swoop in and grab all 200 units at opening bell.

Attachments

• Gong.png
    Gong.png
    3.4 KB · Views: 18

markb53

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA
Panama City Beach
Worldmark
Hey Ron:

So, to put the question on whether CWA inventory is separate from other home resort ARP inventory do a quick check.

Call reservation for a high demand resort for Thanksgiving 2015 and ask about owner ARP inventory and then ask about CWA availability.

I just can't believe if resort has say 200 units and hundreds of CWA members with super fast fingers can swoop in and grab all 200 units at opening bell.

A few months ago I called to make an ARP reservation at Panama City Beach for July. I called at about 10.5 months before checkin so it was at the end of the ARP period. I own both CWA and Panama City Beach. I wanted a 2 BR and the VC told me that there were none available. I asked if he was looking at CWA or PCB. He said he was looking at CWA. I told him that I also had points left in my PCB Contract. The VC said "Oh, let me look again." And this time he found the 2BR I was looking for. This exchange made it sound to me like there is separate inventory.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hey Ron:

Paco

I cant do the test because I dont have any 2015 points available to do the test with. but Im sure Mark is right...They are separate inventories

and Im pretty sure the inventory is spread out across the whole year at the udi resorts....Im not sure how they work at the old fixed and floating weeks resorts.

My big question is around the 5 event weeks at Avenue Plaza. There has always a lot of Mardi Gras available in the ARP window with CWA points...and that doesnt seem right to me. I thought Mr John had sold all the Mardi Gras weeks and that most of them were never converted to points. but I dont know.

Last edited:

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
A few months ago I called to make an ARP reservation at Panama City Beach for July. I called at about 10.5 months before checkin so it was at the end of the ARP period. I own both CWA and Panama City Beach. I wanted a 2 BR and the VC told me that there were none available. I asked if he was looking at CWA or PCB. He said he was looking at CWA. I told him that I also had points left in my PCB Contract. The VC said "Oh, let me look again." And this time he found the 2BR I was looking for. This exchange made it sound to me like there is separate inventory.

Thanks for this... it sounds like there is both separate inventory, and a way for the VC to see the inventory separately. Definitely good to know.