• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

ARP and Changes based on the Club Wyndham Plus Member's Directory Supplement Aug 2015

midnight555

TUG Member
Reaction score
If I book a reservation at my home resort in the ARP window and I cancel the reservation, the points return as regular use year points based on the Club Wyndham Plus Member's Directory Supplement Aug 2015. My question is can I still use those points for ARP assuming that I am still in the ARP window?

traveldaddy

TUG Member
Reaction score
There has been a lot of ink spilled on the topic.

My simplistic summary is (opinion only):

All signs point to a yes, but since no one has actually done this yet, we are waiting to see how it works in practice.

Florida looks like a great ARP - book March break with ARP and if you can't use/rent, then cancel and book Xmas, as an example..........

scootr5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
According to post from Bigrob in the long thread on the changes, no you will not be able to use them a second time for ARP

I spoke with another agent today who confirmed that reservations made from regular use year points will go back to being regular use year points in the year they were made from, and not be associated to a contract (and therefore have no ARP.)

You won't know until someone tries it and posts, but that's the word.

iaminak

Reaction score
They return as cancelled points

I had a reservation booked for June 2016 that I booked during ARP. I cancelled that booking and a couple weeks later called to book a reservation for August 2016. I was told that since I had cancelled the previous booking, I only had x amount of "regular" use points left. Even though they show up on our points summary as all regular points, they are tracking which ones are cancelled and did not let me use them a 2nd time to book during APR. I had enough regular points (because they weren't involved in the cancellation) left to book at 3 day stay. I was told I will have to wait till the 10 month mark to call back/go on line to get the rest of the week...

scootr5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
I had a reservation booked for June 2016 that I booked during ARP. I cancelled that booking and a couple weeks later called to book a reservation for August 2016. I was told that since I had cancelled the previous booking, I only had x amount of "regular" use points left. Even though they show up on our points summary as all regular points, they are tracking which ones are cancelled and did not let me use them a 2nd time to book during APR. I had enough regular points (because they weren't involved in the cancellation) left to book at 3 day stay. I was told I will have to wait till the 10 month mark to call back/go on line to get the rest of the week...

And that would be the confirmation - one shot at ARP. If you cancel the reservation, they can no longer be used again for ARP.