• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Suggestion recieved from a Wyndham sales person

Whoozr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham (Bonnet Creek, Kingsgate, Ocean Blvd), Twin Rivers
I was at an owner's update at Wyndham Resort Great Smoky Mountains this weekend and the guy started out stating that I had been an owner for a lot of years. I corrected him and said I've only been and owner for 3 years. He was shocked and then said that your deed if from 1978, I said that's because it's a resale contract.

The next comment he made was interesting but I thought it was a little off the wall. He said that if I intended to purchase any additional resale contracts that I should pay the $$ to have the owner add my name to the deed then have them remove their names and the contract would show up as a developer purchase instead of a resale. Is there any truth to that statement?

The next thing he said was that with a developer bi-annual contract I would not have access to RCI last call vacations. I told him I already did and he argued with me until I showed him by logging in. He told me I shouldn't have access and then he told his manager.

He also told me I should attend owner updates if I had no intentions of listening to what they were trying to tell me. He said I should come with an open mind, I took that as an open wallet or purse.

I was out of there in 15 minutes with all my goodies.

markb53

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA
Panama City Beach
Worldmark
I was at an owner's update at Wyndham Resort Great Smoky Mountains this weekend and the guy started out stating that I had been an owner for a lot of years. I corrected him and said I've only been and owner for 3 years. He was shocked and then said that your deed if from 1978, I said that's because it's a resale contract.

The next comment he made was interesting but I thought it was a little off the wall. He said that if I intended to purchase any additional resale contracts that I should pay the $$ to have the owner add my name to the deed then have them remove their names and the contract would show up as a developer purchase instead of a resale. Is there any truth to that statement?

The next thing he said was that with a developer bi-annual contract I would not have access to RCI last call vacations. I told him I already did and he argued with me until I showed him by logging in. He told me I shouldn't have access and then he told his manager.

He also told me I should attend owner updates if I had no intentions of listening to what they were trying to tell me. He said I should come with an open mind, I took that as an open wallet or purse.

I was out of there in 15 minutes with all my goodies.

Ha Ha!! I've heard that line before. "Why did you come to the update if you have no interest in buying" I reply " Why do you keep paying me if you don't want to listen to me say no."

Stop paying me to sit here and I'll be glad to stop!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:

spackler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Quarter House, Jean Lafitte House, Bali Hai
Just tell them "the parking pass lady assured me it wasn't a sales presentation. Are you saying she's a liar?"

Whoozr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Ha Ha!! I've heard that line before. "Why did you come to the update if you have no interest in buying" I replay " Why do you keep paying me if you don't want to listen to me say no."

Stop paying me to sit here and I'll be glad to stop!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I agree, stop giving me goodies and tell the parking pass people to accept NO I don't want to attend as my final answer and you will never have to see me again.

The guy (JC Coleman) also stated, "Wow you have been to a lot of these". My answer was Yep, I'll keep coming as long as you are offering something worth my time. I always go early in the morning before everyone else gets up so it's not like it's interfering with my vacation plans. This time, the breakfast was actually pretty good. I didn't even get to go into the big room with everyone else because I guess by looking at my paperwork, it was going to be a waste of his time.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
They pay the money out as it works. ROI is very high. Very few people go in wanting to buy and are only there for the free gifts but new timeshares are always being built.

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
The Parking Pass peoples' jobs are performance based, meaning they need to send guests to the 'Updates'. It is part of their job performance rating. They don't care if you are going to buy or not, they just need you to show up at the update, then their job is done.

Whoozr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I'll have to remember that one!

Thanks for posting the link, I have been wanting one of those shirts. I need one for Bonnet Creek and Williamsburg (GG and Kingsgate).

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I tell the sales person that the parking pass gal is my friend and her paycheck is based on penatration rate ... your job is based upon my buying for a commission check.

I suggest you give the hang tag girl a BIG tip to make up for NOT BOOKING people like me ... someone WHO is not going to buy but use YOUR "up" where you KNOW you are not going to sell anything to me.

OR give YOUR manager a bigger cut of YOUR commission check.

Last edited:

Shelbyd95

Reaction score
We didn't even get upstairs for the breakfast...we waited about 45 minutes in the lobby and were brought straight to gifting. We chose $150 to spend at BC instead of $100 AMEX gift card this time.

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
We didn't even get upstairs for the breakfast...we waited about 45 minutes in the lobby and were brought straight to gifting. We chose $150 to spend at BC instead of $100 AMEX gift card this time.

They didn't want to poison the well :rofl:

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
He said that if I intended to purchase any additional resale contracts that I should pay the $$ to have the owner add my name to the deed then have them remove their names and the contract would show up as a developer purchase instead of a resale. Is there any truth to that statement?

No truth to it, at least the way it was described by your salesman. A couple of people use a variant of that approach that does work but it is more complicated and involves the use of an LLC. It would be more appropriate for a full account, not a single contract. (I am not one of them and am not the right person to PM about it.)

What will happen is that when the original owner is removed from the deed, it will have to move to your account and member number. When that happens, the same thing happens as in a general resale. The possibility exists that the resale flag won't be set, but that possibility exists with handling it regularly as well, without the extra expense of two closings/deed updates and the additional burden on the original owner.