• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Frustrated with Wyndham's Lack of Flexibility

regatta333

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Long Wharf, Wyndham points, Vistana Westin Kierland
I have two 2BD units booked for 3 nights at the end of August--one unit is renovated, the other is not. I had been trying up until the 15-day mark to get
another renovated unit and cancel the non-renovated reservation. We have family arriving from overseas (their first visit to the US) and I was hoping we could all be located on the same floor.

Today, inside the 15-day window, another renovated 2BD finally became available. I quickly booked it, knowing there is a 24-hour grace period for bookings inside the 15-day window, where the reservation can be cancelled and points restored.

I then called customer care to see if there was a way to keep the two renovated units and give back the non-renovated one with a restoration of points, since there is a grace period on one of the reservations. They said the best they could do was to restore less than half of the points used for the non-renovated unit. Since the renovated unit was already costing more points, this made the total point differential a no go for me.

However, I was very disappointed that Wyndham was not flexible enough to associate the grace period with the non-renovated unit and let me keep the two renovated ones. Guess we are all staying of different floors of the property.

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Midtown 45 has it on the reservation along with a LOWER point requirement. I decide it was NOT worth the discount when booking there to be in OLD and ratty ... sofa but NO Sofa bed plus more like a refrigerator over a kitchen without an oven (like I really used that).

They started the Midtown renovations TOP floor down also.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Par for the course for Wyndham. Switching guest names on reservations so one guests split reservation would be in the same room is a no go either.

Timelover

Reaction score
Why not call Owner Resolution? They generally err on the side of the owner unless that owner is known for taking advantage of loopholes.

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Why not call Owner Resolution? They generally err on the side of the owner unless that owner is known for taking advantage of loopholes.

Is Owner Resolution the same as Customer Care or is that something different?

comicbookman

TUG Member
Reaction score

That is a good idea. However, am I missing something? The OP is complaining that Wyndham will not bend the printed rules for them. I feel for the OP and think asking is worthwhile, but fail to see how that makes Wyndham the bad guy here. Wyndham does plenty of things that are not kosher. Complaining that they won't violate clear, well known rules does not help them improve. We are quick to complain if we perceive that they bend a rule in there favor, but if it benefits owners, then violating rules is expected. Rules should be rules. Just my 2 cents.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is Owner Resolution the same as Customer Care or is that something different?

I think they are different at least according to VCs who were deciding where to be transferred. Do not forget Owner Care which if what I am saying is correct was what they were referred to as before.

ilenekm

TUG Member
Reaction score
That is a good idea. However, am I missing something? The OP is complaining that Wyndham will not bend the printed rules for them. I feel for the OP and think asking is worthwhile, but fail to see how that makes Wyndham the bad guy here. Wyndham does plenty of things that are not kosher. Complaining that they won't violate clear, well known rules does not help them improve. We are quick to complain if we perceive that they bend a rule in there favor, but if it benefits owners, then violating rules is expected. Rules should be rules. Just my 2 cents.

I was thinking that as well. It would be nice if you could make changes within 15 days and have wanted to a number of times but never attempted because of the printed rule.

vacationhopeful

TUG Member
Reaction score
This has been resolved .... OP is happy camper. ;)

Let us just leave it at that .... really. Less said, the better.

Richardsdeals

TUG Member
Reaction score
It says it right under the unit type.
I am sorry that I am so slow on this, but I don't see any renovation information on my searches.

Is it listed under the unit type when you search? Once it is booked? Can you give me an example of a resort I could search online to see what the information looks like?

Thanks, still learning.

Richard

scootr5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
I am sorry that I am so slow on this, but I don't see any renovation information on my searches.

Is it listed under the unit type when you search? Once it is booked? Can you give me an example of a resort I could search online to see what the information looks like?

Thanks, still learning.

Richard

Midtown 45 would show some renovated and non-renovated. Look at the same but description in resort details.

vacationhopeful

TUG Member
Reaction score
And people have taken the non-renovated units as they are WAY cheaper in points.

I would suspect that might be WHY there are fewer NON-RENOVATED units showing on the WEB site PLUS as the floor are being redone ... fewer and fewer units per week would be in the non-renovated class of cheaper to book.

I booked the non-renovated unit for a stay ... then the next day, I cancelled and said, rather stay plush for 3 days verses grungy for 4 days. ;)

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
And people have taken the non-renovated units as they are WAY cheaper in points.

I would suspect that might be WHY there are fewer NON-RENOVATED units showing on the WEB site PLUS as the floor are being redone ... fewer and fewer units per week would be in the non-renovated class of cheaper to book.

I booked the non-renovated unit for a stay ... then the next day, I cancelled and said, rather stay plush for 3 days verses grungy for 4 days. ;)

Is that the choice -- plush or grungy? Renovation does that?

vacationhopeful

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is that the choice -- plush or grungy? Renovation does that?

Jim ... I was happy to stay a day less as I decided to take my almost 90 year old aunt with me. She had a great time .... telling me stories about driving up to see Frank Sinatra multiple times on stage at Radio City Music Center and then going to dinner at the Stork Club. We did the "Top of the Rock" tour, shaking hands with Al Roker and Matt Lauder, touring Radio City from the basement to the top balcony and the pedicab ride back one night to Midtown.

So, those memories and pictures were worth it ... but the happiest my aunt had for reliving her younger years ... was just icing.

I had pictures developed and frame in her hands within 24 hours ... so she could show off her adventures to her drop in guests back home ... little hard to "fake" a met & greet with Matt & Al on the plaza, the stage at Radio City, Top of the Rock views of the city and the plaza at Rockefeller Center.

My biggest problem - Auntie wants to go back ... seems she has always had a love affair with NYC.