• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

New Wyndham owner via resale - no RCI on account

JuntaParty

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Kingsgate, Wyndham Smoky Mountains
We just got into Wyndham through a resale (free transfer from friend), and now that it is in our account, we don't have access to RCI (or II) it appears. I Timeshare pitch told us it's because it was resale (which I know better than to believe outright), but we don't have RCI in our account currently. Has anyone else experienced this, or have a suggestion as to the best way to get RCI access if it indeed shouldn't be this way?

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
You have to call up the 1-800 reservation number and asked to be put into touch with the group who sets up RCI accounts.

Not done automatically except for developer purchases and then only sometimes.

JuntaParty

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Are there others of the list of 'perks' that the Timeshare pitch states aren't available to me that should be? Here's the partial list I had in an email from them:

"New programs offered by Wyndham not currently included on resale transfers:

Plus Partners
RCI membership (with annual renewal)
RCI nightly (through Plus Partners)
Last calls by RCI unlimited travel
Opportunity to exchange to over 4000 properties Worldwide
Wyndham Rewards (subject to approval)
Perks by Club Wyndham
Adventures by RCI

Plus other available services. (Extra Holidays Rental Listings), etc."

Seems many of these are tied to RCI (which should hopefully be fixable), but if there's other Wyndham entities I need to speak to to get those set up (if they should be), I'd like to take care of that too.

vacationhopeful

TUG Member
Reaction score
You do not get most of those ... but it really comes down to those RCI benefits associated with the RCI Points membership ... you get RCI Weeks with your points.

Last Call and RCI weeks exchange ... included.

Nightly stays (RCI Points), Perks, Rewards (is a credit card), and Adventures are NOT resale stuff but most are NOT a good value ... they are like travel club stuff or rewards card stuff.

And I have a developer "RCI account".

alexadeparis

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Plus Partners - I have this
RCI membership (with annual renewal) - I have this
RCI nightly (through Plus Partners) - I have this
Last calls by RCI unlimited travel - I have this
Opportunity to exchange to over 4000 properties Worldwide - I have this
Wyndham Rewards (subject to approval) - No Big Loss - Poor use of Points
Perks by Club Wyndham No Big Loss - Poor use of Points
Adventures by RCI - No Big Loss - Poor use of Points
Plus other available services. (Extra Holidays Rental Listings), etc." - No Big Loss - Poor use of Points

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
We just got into Wyndham through a resale (free transfer from friend), and now that it is in our account, we don't have access to RCI (or II) it appears. I Timeshare pitch told us it's because it was resale (which I know better than to believe outright), but we don't have RCI in our account currently. Has anyone else experienced this, or have a suggestion as to the best way to get RCI access if it indeed shouldn't be this way?

Points or a week?

If it is a week, RCI is not paid in your MF, so you'll need to register with RCI yourself (and pay the annual fee)

uscav8r

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score

Plus Partners - I have this
Do you, or did you ever, have any developer points (whether purchased or inherited)? If you have had just 1 point (not possible, but you get the point) from the developer, you will have PP, and hence all the other RCI benefits. A pure resale account that has never seen developer points should not have most of these features.

If you never had any developer points, perhaps you got "lucky?"

Last edited:

uscav8r

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Caveat: All of the below responses are if your account has no developer points associated with it, and if we are talking about Club Wyndham points (which seems to be the case from your other threads).
Are there others of the list of 'perks' that the Timeshare pitch states aren't available to me that should be? Here's the partial list I had in an email from them:

Plus Partners Developer Only
RCI membership (with annual renewal) EVERY Points owner gets a Wyndham Corporate RCI account (for Wyndham points deposits) and a RCI Weeks accounts
RCI nightly (through Plus Partners) Developer Only
Last calls by RCI unlimited travel Developer Only
Opportunity to exchange to over 4000 properties Worldwide Everyone who has RCI has this
Wyndham Rewards (subject to approval) ??? Never used this.
Perks by Club Wyndham Developer Only
Adventures by RCI Developer Only

Plus other available services. (Extra Holidays Rental Listings), etc."
This is inaccurate. If you have the Wyndam Corporate RCI account set up, you automatically have access to Extra Holidays. This is a cash feature to book leftover inventory (does not use points).

As Linda mentions, most of the info is related to RCI Points. Every Club Wyndham owner gets access to RCI Weeks inventory and can deposit their Wyndham points to RCI for exchanges via a "Corporate" account (this is not the official name... but is a commonly accepted term in the TUG fora).

Last edited:

JuntaParty

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
You are correct, we are Club Wyndham, and these are UDI points.

So will this really be as simple as calling and getting it set up, or should I be anticipating a sales pitch and have to correct the understanding of the person on the other end of the phone?

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
You are correct, we are Club Wyndham, and these are UDI points.

So will this really be as simple as calling and getting it set up, or should I be anticipating a sales pitch and have to correct the understanding of the person on the other end of the phone?

It should be easy...you wont talk to a salesman

vacationhopeful

TUG Member
Reaction score
It is calling the 1-800 number and they will transfer you ... it might be good a couple of days after 1st phone call ... then again, it might take 10 phone calls over 3 months .... it is Wyndham ... ;)

NO SALES PITCH involved ... really.

JuntaParty

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Done and Done. They said it'll take 3-4 weeks, but that it should have been on there from the start.

Thanks again for all your help!