• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

This is gonna be pricey... [Dolly Parton's new timeshare endeavor]

topcop400

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Wyndham Oceanside Pier
Wyndham Old Town Alexandria

dougp26364

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
Nice looking resort but, I believe I'd prefer to exchange in rather become an owner. If nothing else it shows the economy has improved enough for devloper to actually build something vs buying an existing timeshare or hotel and renovating to their standards.

AwayWeGo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Exchange Reservations ?

Dolly Parton's new timeshare endeavor.
RCI ?

I-I ?

VRI ?

( Just asking. )

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
It is a sad day for Americana when Dolly Parton sells-out her name (and photo) to just another sleazy timeshare operation.

taffy19

Reaction score
I don't think she will. It is just a membership to stay informed as I looked it up.

She is a great lady and performer and she loves to share the area she grew up in to more people.

Her resort is stunning and so is the area. Have a look here.

gravityrules

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MROP
Not a timeshare resort?

I do not find anything in the link to indicate this will be developed as a timeshare resort.

dougp26364

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
I do not find anything in the link to indicate this will be developed as a timeshare resort.

How many hotels do you know that have a Founders Club?

Timeshare is a dirty word. Vacation Ownership isn't a great phrase to publish. It's probably best to leave that off the page and collect information for those interested in becoming members of the "founders club."

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
I agree that they are going out of their way not to mention the "timeshare" word. It will be interesting how this property is marketed. "Founders Club" sounds like an exclusive membership, perhaps geared more toward fractional ownership? Or a country club style of membership?

Kurt

dougp26364

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
I agree that they are going out of their way not to mention the "timeshare" word. It will be interesting how this property is marketed. "Founders Club" sounds like an exclusive membership, perhaps geared more toward fractional ownership? Or a country club style of membership?

Kurt

A few timeshares we've owned have had "founders clubs." The Villa's at Polo Towers and the Suites at Polo Towers had one. You got your name on a plaque and if you were amoung the very first at the Villa's, replica of the horse statue in the lobby.

Right now Grand Lodge in CO is cranking up the sales for their new resort on Peak 8. They are offering incentives to current owners to become founding members with special lifelong benefits. It's been a VERY agressive kick off for their sales staff. We've recieved numerous e-mail, post cards and a few phone calls trying to get us in the door and become founding members.

It's not a new marketing gimmick but one I've usually seen when resorts expand and are marketed first to current owners.

esk444

TUG Member
Reaction score
This resort is going to be a hotel, not a timeshare. The founders club is just an early email list to get info and specials about the hotel.

They hired a company that runs upscale, independent hotels and resorts to operate it that is not affiliated with any timeshares.

hvsteve1

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I can't imagine that, if this was a timeshare, they would get this far down the road without information having been all over TUG for a year or more already.

dougp26364

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Peak 8 or Peak 7? Their current Peak 8 property has been selling for a while now.

Kurt

Not sure how long it's been in sales, just that they officially announce it a month or two ago and are really pushing it now.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
I believe this resort will start out as a hotel and will be develope as a timeshare down the road.

sfwilshire

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tristram's Landing, Tree Tops Gatlinburg, Mystic Dunes, Sheraton Vistana Spas & Fountains
I've seen lots of local publicity on this and it appears to just be a hotel. I haven't even seen any suggestion that there would be kitchens, though I've probably missed a lot while I was other places.

Sheila