• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[2008] Anyone ever heard of Apex Professionals LLC ?

sports

Reaction score
We received a card in the mail offering to buy our timeshare. You are to call and they will set up a meeting someplace nearby. They'll make an offer and start the closing immediately and pay 2009 MF. Is it worth our time to go?

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
We received a card in the mail offering to buy our timeshare. You are to call and they will set up a meeting someplace nearby. They'll make an offer and start the closing immediately and pay 2009 MF. Is it worth our time to go?

The m.o. has all the earmarks of a "PostCard Company" (you got the postcard, so you already know where the nickname comes from). In short, they will be looking for YOU to pay THEM several thousand dollars to "take the timeshare off your hands". They would be paying the 2009 maintenance fees out of YOUR money while they try to sell the timeshare.

Does any of this sound like a good idea to you? .... I didn't think so.
Don't waste your time, unless you want to go for the entertainment...

Last edited:

rod

TUG Member
Reaction score
They are what is called a PCC (PostCard Company) on the timeshare forum web sites. The offer they will make you is that if you pay them (usually $3995.00 or some similar amount), they will take your timeshare off your hands. Please go to the top of this board and read the sticky titled How to Sell Your Timeshare, paying particular attention to the Gimmicks and Offers to Avoid section.

PizzaLover

Reaction score
FYI

Apex Professionals is secretly owned by Jonathan Gibbs. he's super paranoid about this leaking.....in fact he threatened his employees that if he found out who was connecting the dots, he'd fire them and worse. I think that's just wrong especially since he's gotten so many other of his companies in trouble with the law. We Collect Timeshares is the main one.

*admin edit - please note that there is no official proof that Mr Gibbs owns Apex Professionals, and the above post is merely the opinion of the poster and not official fact

Last edited by a moderator:

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Any supporting facts?

Apex Professionals is secretly owned by Jonathan Gibbs. he's super paranoid about this leaking.....in fact he threatened his employees that if he found out who was connecting the dots, he'd fire them and worse.

You know and proclaim all this HOW in your (very first) post here? :shrug:

Last edited:

walthtz

Reaction score
APEX Professionals

Hello
\Has anyone heard of a company called Apex Professional Services that promises to buy your timeshare?
Anyone have any information, good or bad on this?
Thank you for your help

calgarygary

TUG Member
Reaction score
If Gibbs is involved, he has a front man as the sole officer of the company - Nicholas Morrison. I did come across a so-called press release where even in that, the company representative was un-named.

PizzaLover

Reaction score
1st post yet true

Hi Theo.....

although its my first post its the truth. Jonathan scares me so i have to keep my privacy. but the truth needs to come out.

PL

You know and proclaim all this HOW in your (very first) post here? :shrug:

*admin edit - please note that there is no official proof that Mr Gibbs owns Apex Professionals, and the above post is merely the opinion of the poster and not official fact

PizzaLover

Reaction score
If anyone asks.....

you'll never see the true owner or representatives of the company because Jonathan doesn't want it to ahppen. he's playing a shell game of hiding corporations under corporations. if anyone ever goes to a meeting, ask them who is the owner of the company. who signs off on their checks if they ever get one.

If Gibbs is involved, he has a front man as the sole officer of the company - Nicholas Morrison. I did come across a so-called press release where even in that, the company representative was un-named.

*admin edit - please note that there is no official proof that mr gibbs owns Apex Professionals, and the above post is merely the opinion of the poster

Reaction score
go to Myspace - Search APEX Professionals - Reno

those that ask about Apex - this is Jonathan & Christine Gibbs...they are back at it! Check out this

Apex Professionals LLC
38 / female
RENO
www.myspace.com/apexprofessionalsllc

Look at "her friends"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

APEX PROFESSIONALS OR PREFERRED TRANSFERS --
IF YOU HAVE MY SPACE SEARCH APEX PROFESSIONALS YOU WILL SEE PROOF POSITIVE THEY ARE ALL IN BED TOGETHER - SAME EXACT SALES PEOPLE.....
Here is proof:

Go to this website: http://www.apexprofessionalsllc.com/

check closing company tab:

License Information:
Entity Name: PREFERRED TRANSFERS, LLC
Firm Name: PREFERRED TRANSFERS, LLC
License Type: Washington State Business
Entity Type: Limited Liability Company
UBI: 602872461 Business ID:001 Location ID:0001
Status To check the status of this company, go to Secretary of State..

Location Address:
1000 CHERRY ST SE STE A
OLYMPIA, WA, 98501-1433
Mailing Address:
PO BOX 13199
OLYMPIA, WA, 98508-3199

Governing People:
CHRISTINE GIBBS

Business Contact and Profile

Name: Apex Professionals, LLC
Phone: (866) 950-5713
Fax: (877) 483-9915
Address: 200 S Virginia St STE 800

Reno, NV 89501-2409
Original Business Start Date: March 2008
Principal: Mr. Nicholas Morrison, Manager
Customer Contact: Mr. H. Benjamin, Vice President Customer Service - (866) 950-5713
Entity: Limited Liability Corporation
Incorporated: February 2009, NV
TOB Classification: Vacation Time Share
BBB Accreditation: This company is not a BBB Accredited business.

According to information in BBB files, this business is not located in northern Nevada. The 200 S Virginia St STE 800, Reno, NV 89501 address and the 1135 Terminal Way STE 106, Reno, NV 89502 address are not actual locations for the business but rather virtual offices. The business' actual location is unknown.

Products and Services
This business offers to receive title to timeshare properties for a fee.

Business Management
Additional company management personnel include:
Mr. Mike Davidson - Vice President Marketing

Additional Locations and Phone Numbers
Additional Addresses
1135 Terminal Way STE 106
Reno, NV 89502-2143

Last edited:

MissyL

Reaction score
I just want to share with you all and warn you about this company. I’ve been wanting to get rid of my timeshare for some time now and I received a postcard from this company and decided to go to one of their presentations this past weekend. After sitting through their presentation, I decided I wanted to go home and do some research on this company before I made any commitments and I am sure glad I did. By simply Googleing Apex Professionals LLC, there are multiple complaints against this company on ripoffreport.com, complaintboard.com and multiple others. After more digging, turns out that Apex Professionals LLC is owned by Jonathan Gibbs, who is the previous owner of the company “We Collect Timeshares.” This brings up even more red flags as this company was forced to shutdown for misconduct and was featured on Abc7 news. (http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=news/7_on_your_side&id=5475716) I also found a consumer alert on Jonathan Gibbs here, http://timesharewebguide.com/index2.php?option=com_content&do_pdf=1&id=73 , and it tells all about his history of changing companies and promoting his pyramid scheme.

I’m not going to bore you guys with all the other complaints I found on Apex Professionals LLC and Jonathan Gibbs, but if you just do a little research on them, you’ll see what I’m talking about. Everyone please be careful when dealing with resell companies. Hope this helps.

UKTripper

Reaction score
NONE support of false GOSSIP

Don’t know much about AP….know a lot about We Collect timeshares because their company sent a lot of properties to me to rent. This post is really absurd though. There is very little customer complaints here and a lot of using a person’s name. I am a licensed broker in AZ and have been for 9 years. I have done business with many different timeshare companies and tug members. This is a poor 5th grade gossip stuff and I invite all the other legitimate tug members to not reply to this post. When you participate with this post you are assisting someone’s personal agenda (mostly from other companies that none of us like, like Timeshare Relief owned by Dave and Cindy MacMillan www.timesharerelief.com or Timeshare Rescue Owned by Kristopher Chavez a former employee of We Collect Timeshare www.timeshareresue.com (I have a business card of Kristopher Chavez when he worked for We Collect timeshares and did a meeting in AZ…6 months later he was in AZ doing a meeting for Timeshare Rescue)
Or the other companies that we are all too familiar with)to Slander and taking away from the credibility of a GREAT FORUM.

Below is my own “research” which can be documented with government authorities not chat room rumors
Missy and Pizza lower seem to have a lot of the same FALSE information and no boubt work for a competitor. Their statements are verifyably untrue and false and their insistance that they are true can only be summed up as a “personal agenda”
1) First. We Collect timeshare was never shut. And was never in trouble with the law. WA state wanted them to get a brokers lisence, they did, and that was the end of it. They were never fined any money or brought up on any charges. The information that is availible on WA state website is 91 pages long and documents all of this. WE COLLECT TIMESHARES was not FORCED TO SHUT DOWN. If you read the article that Missy posts it actually says in the arcitle that the customer’s files DID get tranfered. The article also does not say that WCT will be shut down only investigated. Following its investigation We Collect Timeshare was found to be in full compliance with the law and NOT brought up on any charges. Checking with WA department of licensing and Corp department one can see that WCT is still in business and is fully licensed.
Why would someone they We Collect Timeshare was shut down and in trouble with the law if they are not? Hmmmmm
2) Missy’s second link is to timesharewebguide and links to an article that was originally created by Timeshare Consumer Group TCG. TCG is rumored to be owned by Dave and Cindy MacMillan of Timeshare Releif and that article was removed from their website because it was false. In fact, ACN the “pyramid”mentioned in the article has been in business for 18 years and was just on the celebrity Apprentice show with Donald Trump since Donald Trump is now part owner in it. ACN was “under investigation in Australia as a new MLM company but was discovered NOT to be a pyramid at all. The Australia GOVERNMENTwebsite that shows that case being dismissed is http://www.accc.gov.au/content/index.phtml/itemId/738155/fromItemId/142

Coincidently that’s where all these people at “post card companies came from. They all worked at ACN together as independent reps.
Dave and Cindy MacMillan owners of Timeshare Relief
John and Linda Zetner of Timeshare Acquisitions
Jonathan Gibbs of We Collect Timeshares
Kristopher Chavez of Timeshare Rescue
David Halpern of Out of Timeshare

All ACN reps. For those just joining ACN is like Mary Kay of Pre-paid legal. But that discussion would belong on another chat board.

3) I looked up AP and it’s a Delaware company which does not reveal the ownership so I can’t speak to that. However….that means no one can see who owns it which means if someone claims they do know who owns it they are not speaking truthfully. If there is some connection, who cares. We Collect Timeshares is a perfectly legitimate operation.

Again, to the moderator I would say remove this entire post.
To other REAL TUGG users (I did start a new username for this reply but I have a 4 year old account) I would encourage you not to be “USED” by the two people who are keeping this thing going. They are obviously promoting this FALSE information for their own benefit.

If you would like to reply to me, please do so in a personal message so as to not promote this gossip column

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
Every single post on the TUGBBS forums is the opinion of the said poster, and nothing more.

Should someone post false information, anyone with the truth or clarification of a previous post that may or may not be incorrect, is welcome to post and contradict or correct said information. This happens on a regular basis.

It is not reasonable or even possible for someone to fact check every single one of the hundreds of thousands of posts on the forums for 100% accuracy, this goes both ways. Deleting posts merely because someone doesnt like whats said leads to censorship and violates free speech allowed by all.

The free flow and exchange of ideas, opinions and debate about timeshare related topics are what this forum exist for in the first place.

Last edited:

MissyL

Reaction score
First and foremost, thank you to the moderator for not removing this post and realizing that it was simply an opinion and not an attack for personal gain. To be fair, you sound very defensive for someone who is apparently neutral. For all we know, you could be working with Apex or We Collect Timeshares yourself and pushing your own agenda. I was simply stating what I found when researching these companies. Nothing more, nothing less. Anyone could do a quick search and find an innumerable amount of consumer complaints.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
I will however concede that the ownership of said company has little or nothing to do with the company itself in this particular thread.

Information about post card companies are available all over the site, and the owners of each of them likely have little to no impact on the advice given by TUGGERS to individual who seek information about how they work.

Reaction score
APEX....read it for yourself

BBB Reliability Report for
Apex Professionals, LLCBBB Rating D+

Ratings Explanation BBB issues Reliability Reports on all businesses, whether or not they are BBB accredited. If a business is a BBB Accredited Business, it is stated in this report.
Find out more about Apex Professionals, LLC:
BBB Accreditation
BBB Rating
Products and Services
Customer Complaint History
Government Actions
Advertising Review
Additional Information
BBB Copyright and Reporting Policy

BBB Accreditation
This business is not a BBB Accredited Business.

BBB Rating for Apex Professionals, LLC
Based on BBB files, Apex Professionals, LLC has a BBB Rating of D+.
Reasons for this rating include:
Length of time business has been operating.
16 complaints filed against business
Advertising issue(s) found by BBB.
BBB does not have a clear understanding of this business.
Click here for an explanation of BBB Ratings

Business Contact and Profile for Apex Professionals, LLC
Address: 200 S Virginia St STE 800

Reno, NV 89501-2409
Customer Contact: Mr. Mike Davidson, Vice President Marketing - (866) 950-5713
Entity: Limited Liability Corporation
TOB Classification: Vacation Time Share
BBB Accreditation: Apex Professionals, LLC is not a BBB Accredited business.

According to information in BBB files, this business is not located in northern Nevada. The 200 S Virginia St STE 800, Reno, NV 89501 address and the 1135 Terminal Way STE 106, Reno, NV 89502 address are not actual locations for the business but rather virtual offices. The business' actual location is unknown.

Products and Services of Apex Professionals, LLC
This business offers to receive title to timeshare properties for a fee.

Additional Addresses
Reno, NV 89502-2143

Customer Complaint History for Apex Professionals, LLC
Consumer complaints received by BBB allege misleading and deceptive advertising as well as use of high pressure sales practices. Complainants state the business' offer is not an offer to buy their timeshare. Rather, complainants report paying between $1,995 and $5,490 in exchange for the business accepting ownership of their timeshare.

Complainants also express difficulty contacting the business to cancel contracts and obtain refunds.

The business generally responds to complaints by stating that its offer is a proposal and that the complainants signed documents waiving their right to cancel the contract. In most cases, the business refuses to issue a refund.
When considering complaint information, please take into account the company's size and volume of transactions, and understand that the nature of complaints and a firm's responses to them are often more important than the number of complaints.
BBB processed a total of 16 complaints about Apex Professionals, LLC in the last 36 months, our standard reporting period. Of the total of 16 complaints closed in 36 months, 16 were closed in the last year.
These complaints concerned :
4 regarding Advertising Issues
3 - Advertisement misrepresented a service
1 - False or unsubstantiated claims in advertisement

5 regarding Contract Issues
1 - Failure to honor a contract or agreement
1 - Invalid or false contract
2 - None of the Above - Contract Complaint Issue
1 - Work performed outside the terms of the contract or agreement

2 regarding Refund or Exchange Issues
1 - Failure to honor refund, exchange or credit policies
1 - None of the Above - Refund or Exchange Complaint Issue

5 regarding Sales Practice Issues
2 - None of the Above - Sales Complaint Issue
1 - Sales presentation misrepresented the service
2 - Sales presentation used dishonest sales practices

These complaints were closed as:
14 Resolved
9 - Company addressed the complaint issues. The consumer failed to acknowledge acceptance to BBB.
3 - Company resolved the complaint issues. The consumer acknowledged acceptance to BBB.
2 - Company offered a partial (less than 100%) settlement which the consumer accepted.

2 Administratively Closed
2 - BBB determined that despite the company's reasonable effort to address complaint issues, the consumer remained dissatisfied.

Government Actions
BBB has no information regarding government actions at this time.

Advertising Review
BBB has no information regarding advertising review at this time.

Additional Information about Apex Professionals, LLC
As of 02/17/2009, the City of Reno Business Licensing office confirmed this business does not have an active Reno business license.

As a matter of policy, BBB does not endorse any product, service or business.

BBB Reliability Reports are provided solely to assist you in exercising your own best judgment. Information in this BBB Reliability Report is believed reliable, but not guaranteed as to accuracy.

BBB Reliability Reports generally cover a three-year reporting period. BBB Reliability Reports are subject to change at any time.
If you choose to do business with Apex Professionals, LLC, please let them know that you contacted BBB for a BBB Reliability Report.
ID: 90008129
Report as of August 14, 2009 20:51
Copyright© 2009 Better Business Bureau

Reaction score
they moved again.......wow

BBB Reliability Report for
Apex Professionals, LLCBBB Rating D-

Ratings Explanation BBB issues Reliability Reports on all businesses, whether or not they are BBB accredited. If a business is a BBB Accredited Business, it is stated in this report.
Find out more about Apex Professionals, LLC:
BBB Accreditation
BBB Rating
Products and Services
Customer Complaint History
Government Actions
Advertising Review
Additional Information

BBB Accreditation
This business is not a BBB Accredited Business.

BBB Rating for Apex Professionals, LLC
Based on BBB files, Apex Professionals, LLC has a BBB Rating of D- on a scale from A+ to F.
Reasons for this rating include:
Length of time business has been operating.
20 complaints filed against business
Advertising issue(s) found by BBB.
BBB does not have a clear understanding of this business.
Click here for an explanation of BBB Ratings

Business Contact and Profile for Apex Professionals, LLC
Address: 46 Iron Horse Dr STE B PMB 240

Alpine, WY 83128-8101
Customer Contact: Mr. Mike Davidson, Vice President Marketing - (866) 950-5713
Email Address: support@apexprofessionalsllc.com
Entity: Limited Liability Company
Employees: 5
Type of Business: Vacation Time Share Companies, Timeshare Companies
BBB Accreditation: Apex Professionals, LLC is not a BBB Accredited business.

On August 28, 2009, this business filed with the State of Wyoming Secretary of State as a Foreign Limited Liability Company. The business' address of 46 Iron Horse Dr STE B PMB 240, Alpine, WY 83128 is a private mail box at The UPS Store.

The business' Web site also lists an additional location of 6830 N Eldridge Pkwy STE 101, Houston, TX 77041. According to BBB serving Greater Houston and South Texas, the location is vacant.

Products and Services of Apex Professionals, LLC
Apex Professionals, LLC provides a viable solution for timeshare owners. Please understand that they are not a timeshare resale company or a listing company. They try to work with you and the timeshare company to transfer your timeshare ownerships for a fee. They are currently only working with a limited number of timeshare companies at this time.

This business offers to facilitate transfer of title to timeshare properties for a fee.

Additional Addresses
46 Iron Horse Drive
Suite B240
Alpine, WY 83128

200 S Virginia St STE 800
Reno, NV 89501-2409

Reno, NV 89502-2143

6830 N Eldridge Pkwy STE 101
Houston, TX 77041-2635

Additional Fax Numbers
Fax: (877) 352-7902

Customer Complaint History for Apex Professionals, LLC
Consumer complaints received by BBB allege misleading and deceptive advertising as well as use of high pressure sales practices. Complainants state the business' offer is not an offer to buy their timeshare. Rather, complainants report paying between $1,995 and $5,490 in exchange for the business accepting ownership of their timeshare.

Complainants also express difficulty contacting the business to cancel contracts and obtain refunds. The business states it has improved its customer service to alleviate this problem and requests consumers call (866) 950-5713 for assistance. It is BBB policy to encourage consumers to attempt to resolve complaints with a business prior to contacting BBB.

The business generally responds to complaints by stating that its offer is a proposal and that the complainants signed documents waiving their right to cancel the contract. In some cases, the business refuses to issue a refund, and in other cases it has offered partial refunds.
When considering complaint information, please take into account the company's size and volume of transactions, and understand that the nature of complaints and a firm's responses to them are often more important than the number of complaints.
BBB processed a total of 20 complaints about Apex Professionals, LLC in the last 36 months, our standard reporting period. Of the total of 20 complaints closed in 36 months, 20 were closed in the last year.
These complaints concerned :
4 regarding Advertising Issues
3 - Advertisement misrepresented a service
1 - False or unsubstantiated claims in advertisement

1 regarding Billing or Collection Issues
1 - None of the Above - Credit, Billing or Collection Complaint Issue

6 regarding Contract Issues
1 - Failure to honor a contract or agreement
1 - Invalid or false contract
3 - None of the Above - Contract Complaint Issue
1 - Work performed outside the terms of the contract or agreement

2 regarding Refund or Exchange Issues
1 - Failure to honor refund, exchange or credit policies
1 - None of the Above - Refund or Exchange Complaint Issue

7 regarding Sales Practice Issues
2 - None of the Above - Sales Complaint Issue
1 - Sales presentation misrepresented the service
4 - Sales presentation used dishonest sales practices

These complaints were closed as:
18 Resolved
9 - Company addressed the complaint issues. The consumer failed to acknowledge acceptance to BBB.
2 - Company offered a partial (less than 100%) settlement which the consumer accepted.
5 - Company resolved the complaint issues. The consumer acknowledged acceptance to BBB.
2 - Company offered a partial (less than 100%) settlement which the consumer failed to acknowledge acceptance to BBB.

2 Administratively Closed
2 - BBB determined that despite the company's reasonable effort to address complaint issues, the consumer remained dissatisfied.

Government Actions
BBB has no information regarding government actions at this time.

Advertising Review
BBB has no information regarding advertising review at this time.

Additional Information about Apex Professionals, LLC
Apex Professionals, LLC is currently using an Alpine, Wyoming location as a mail center. This location is only a virtual office. They are licensed and/or permitted to do business at this location with the City of Alpine. The mail center sorts and distributes the mail to the appropriate division or contractor within the business. They do not have a physical location which they do business out of. They travel around the United Stated using conference and/or meeting rooms to do their business with local consumers.

As of 02/17/2009, the City of Reno Business License office confirmed this business does not have an active Reno business license.

As a matter of policy, BBB does not endorse any product, service or business.

BBB Reliability Reports are provided solely to assist you in exercising your own best judgment. Information in this BBB Reliability Report is believed reliable, but not guaranteed as to accuracy.

BBB Reliability Reports generally cover a three-year reporting period. BBB Reliability Reports are subject to change at any time.
If you choose to do business with Apex Professionals, LLC, please let them know that you contacted BBB for a BBB Reliability Report.
ID: 90008129
Report as of September 30, 2009 22:13
Copyright© 2009 Better Business Bureau

docrjs

Reaction score
APEX Professionals

Never been on a BB.
Has anyone ever used APEX Professionals to sell your Time Share.
Appreciate any advice about them.
Thanks,
Ron

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Welcome to TUG! Most of the TUG regulars sell their own timeshares, to avoid the fees - what are the fees with this company and are they upfront or commission?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
I did a quick search and the posts on this Co. are mostly negative:

http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86284&highlight=apex+professionals

http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95740&highlight=apex+professionals

http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88982&highlight=apex+professionals

Here are some warnings signs with these kinds of companies:

1) Do they say that they already have a renter/buyer for your timeshare? (or an established market like people attending conventions.)
2) Are they offering to rent/sell it for far more than the market value?
3) Do they want you to pay a large up front fee?
4) Are they refusing to send you a contract until you pay their fee?​

If you answer yes to any of these questions, then this is the usual scenario:

Once you pay the fee and receive the contract, you discover that the company has only promised to advertise your resort, not to rent/sell it, and they don't mention having a renter/buyer in the contract.

Then, you won't hear anything from them for a long time, and when you contact them, they will tell you that the renter/buyer backed out, but they will advertise your timeshare on their over-priced website.

Finally, when you try to get your money back, they will point out that you signed a contract, and it's only for advertising. When you try to challenge it with your credit card company, they will tell you the same thing.

Please see the articles at the top of the Buying, Selling, Renting page entitled "How to Sell Your Timeshare." - http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44

Last edited:

alfenta

Reaction score
Hello
\Has anyone heard of a company called Apex Professional Services that promises to buy your timeshare?
Anyone have any information, good or bad on this?
Thank you for your help

I jsut got home from an Apex offer to buy my timeshares on the spot. They wanted me to give them my timeshares for free, then pay 4 grand closing. They are just 1 step short of a robbery.

timeos2

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
It is a royal scam of desperate sellers IMO

I jsut got home from an Apex offer to buy my timeshares on the spot. They wanted me to give them my timeshares for free, then pay 4 grand closing. They are just 1 step short of a robbery.

No, technically it IS robbery. Be thankful you walked away undamaged. Too many fall for it. You dodged a big bullet.

Carolinian

TUG Member
Reaction score

awinkie515

Reaction score
Oh My - time for APEX to change their name AGAIN

Alert to Timeshare Scam APEX Professionals LLC

APEX LLC - for you that say they are honest..please read on!

TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 17, 2009 4:14:00 PM
Time share repurchaser settles with Vt.
BY NICK REES

Sorrell
MONTPELIER, Vt. (Legal Newsline) - A Nevada-based time share repurchaser has agreed to pay more than $120,000 in restitution and penalties to settle claims it violated Vermont law.

Apex Professionals, LLC, will pay more than $64,000 to 15 Vermont consumers and $65,000 in penalties and costs to the state over the alleged violations.

"If out-of-state companies offering an economic benefit to consumers in Vermont violate the state's consumer laws, they can expect strong enforcement and serious consequences," state Attorney General William Sorrell said.

Apex representatives began soliciting Vermont consumers in the spring of 2009 to transfer ownership of their unused timeshares to allow the original owners to be relieved of timeshare maintenance fees, taxes and other costs.

The Apex representatives met with consumers in March at the Courtyard Burlington Harbor in Burlington and in March and May at the Capitol Plaza Hotel in Montpelier. The meetings were advertised in postcards mailed by Apex that stated, "Don't play the waiting game in this economy! If you accept our offer we will put your timeshare into closing immediately."

Consumers who went to the meetings with Apex went with the understanding that Apex would offer them money in exchange for their timeshares. Apex instead charged them a fee of several thousand dollars to transfer ownership of their timeshares, Sorrell said.

Apex representatives then told consumers that the several thousand dollar payment could be offset by filing for a federal income tax deduction for investment losses on their timeshare, the value of which was claimed to be equal to or greater than their payment to Apex. Sorrell says this claim was not true as consumers had purchased the timeshares for personal, not investment, purposes, which made them ineligible for a tax deduction.

Filed Under: State AGs

Technorati Links