• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

126,000 Annual Wyndham Smoky Mountain Pts - FREE (update - points sold)

littlestar

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club, Marriott & Wyndham pts
Hi all,

I'm rearranging some of our timeshare ownerships and am offering an Annual 126,000 Wyndham Smoky Mountain contract for free here on the bargain board. These are owned free and clear (we bought them resale). 126,000 points available October 1, 2014. Maintenance fees are paid monthly and buyer will be responsible for monthly fees after transfer is complete.

We will split the Wyndham transfer fee of $299 and closing fee of approximately $125 (Legal Timeshare Transfers) with the buyer. Maintenance fees run $573.30 per year ($4.55 per 1,000 points) and our program fee has been $69.30 a year - the program fee can vary depending on how many total Wyndham points you own.

Last edited:

hk4481

TUG Member
Reaction score
Interested

PM sent ... we're interested.

Thanks,
Theresa Klineyoung

Rent_Share

TUG Member
Reaction score
23 minutes - two potential offers? WTG​

Mister Sir

TUG Member
Reaction score
I might have been late to the party on this one but this looks like just what I was searching for.

littlestar

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hi Everybody,

I'm waiting to hear back on a definite yes from the first person who PM'd me who said they'd take them. Thanks and I'll keep you posted.

Debbie (littlestar)

littlestar

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks for all the interest. The first person that PM'd me is taking the points.

Debbie (Littlestar)

Mister Sir

TUG Member
Reaction score
The early bird got the worm. :clap: Congrats on a sweet deal. I'm not jealous... :bawl:

Rent_Share

TUG Member
Reaction score
OP wanted out, so this was a good solution,

The level of interest indicates that under the rule of supply and demand for this size of membership the value might be trending up slightly

The point that I am trying to make is 4-5 people posted an interest at (399 + 125)/2 or $ 262, would it only have been 2 @$ 524 ?

• This example - 50/50 on transfer costs (MF paid through close)
  • Next Step - Buyer pays All Closing Costs​
  • Third step - buyer pays All Closing Costs and something against the MF's​
  • Fourth Step - Buyer actually pays Something against the "equity" in the timeshare ?
At the point where the transfers become sales, not a giveaway with incidental cash exchanging hands to cover the cost of accurately changing ownership and terminating liability for future maintenance fees,they will move to the classified section, we are not anywhere near that yet but the level of interest is encouraging indicating a possible reversal of the trend of below zero to transferor,​
IMNSHO YMMV

Last edited:

littlestar

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
OP wanted out, so this was a good solution,

The level of interest indicates that under the rule of supply and demand for this size of membership the value might be trending up slightly

The point that I am trying to make is 4-5 people posted an interest at (399 + 125)/2 or $ 262, would it only have been 2 $ 524 ?

• This example - 50/50 on transfer costs (MF paid through close)
  • Next Step - Buyer pays All Closing Costs​
  • Third step - buyer pays All Closing Costs and something against the MF's​
  • Fourth Step - Buyer actually pays Something against the "equity" in the timeshare ?
At the point where the transfers become sales, not a giveaway with incidental cash exchanging hands to cover the cost of accurately changing ownership and terminating liability for future maintenance fees,they will move to the classified section, we are not anywhere near that yet but the level of interest is encouraging indicating a possible reversal of the trend of below zero to transferor,​
IMNSHO YMMV

Hi David,

I actually had someone PM me and offer to pay the closing and the transfer fee, but I had already made the deal with the first person who PM'd me. :)

Rent_Share

TUG Member
Reaction score
Tuggers are an honorable bunch

Thank you for validating my point.

The sad part is those people who pay relief organizations 3 years of MF's for their questionable transfers when they can't find a legitimate buyer