• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

optimist

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just found out that our EOY oceanfront Maui Ocean Club original building passed at $12,000.
So happy to go to Maui as owners this time:whoopie:

MOXJO7282

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Congrats!! It's a very special place for us as well. We're desperate to get back.

We've enjoyed the MOC in 2002, 2004, 2007, 2010, 2012, 2014 but now might not make it back until 2019 until my daughter is done with her medical degree.

The MFs are now $2189 for 2017. To me that is still a reasonable cost for a 2BDRM OF at such a great location.

optimist

TUG Member
Reaction score
Congrats!! It's a very special place for us as well. We're desperate to get back.

We've enjoyed the MOC in 2002, 2004, 2007, 2010, 2012, 2014 but now might not make it back until 2019 until my daughter is done with her medical degree.

The MFs are now $2189 for 2017. To me that is still a reasonable cost for a 2BDRM OF at such a great location.

How nice to have all those memories there. Funnily enough our kids are both in med school and coming up with a week when everyone is free is the hard part of all of this!

5infam

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just passed ROFR on a Maui Ocean Club, original towers, every other even year, 2 bedroom, Ocean View unit for $7,000. The seller is paying next year's maintenance as well. I also sold my 1 bedroom Maui mountain/garden annual unit for $5,000 which just passed ROFR last week. I put both of these on ROFR.net

My goal was to sell the 1 bedroom annual, and get 2 EOYE 2 bedroom units, so we can go for 2 weeks, every other year, and book at the 13 month window. The mountain garden 2 bedroom was an easy buy, and the deed is recorded, just waiting on Marriott to transfer into my name. For the second unit, it was a bear to get something. I bid on 3 different units, had accepted offers, but never made it to paperwork for various reasons. Finally I got a deal to stick and pass ROFR, and now we are waiting for closing. Looking forward to heading back to Maui in 2018 for 2 weeks and in a 2 bedroom instead of cramming the 5 of us into a 1 bedroom!

NTP66

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Maui Ocean Club (x2)
Just passed ROFR on a Maui Ocean Club, original towers, every other even year, 2 bedroom, Ocean View unit for $7,000. The seller is paying next year's maintenance as well. I also sold my 1 bedroom Maui mountain/garden annual unit for $5,000 which just passed ROFR last week. I put both of these on ROFR.net

My goal was to sell the 1 bedroom annual, and get 2 EOYE 2 bedroom units, so we can go for 2 weeks, every other year, and book at the 13 month window. The mountain garden 2 bedroom was an easy buy, and the deed is recorded, just waiting on Marriott to transfer into my name. For the second unit, it was a bear to get something. I bid on 3 different units, had accepted offers, but never made it to paperwork for various reasons. Finally I got a deal to stick and pass ROFR, and now we are waiting for closing. Looking forward to heading back to Maui in 2018 for 2 weeks and in a 2 bedroom instead of cramming the 5 of us into a 1 bedroom!
Wow, that's a great deal - congrats. And I thought I got a good deal on mine at $8300.

5infam

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow, that's a great deal - congrats. And I thought I got a good deal on mine at $8300.
Thank you for that - it was tough finding something OV or OF for what I could afford to pay. I am also selling my DVC points, so there is a budget I am trying to stay in and still have money left over. I tried to get an OF unit that I had to pull out of unfortunately, and then there were 2 different tries at getting in the new towers that fell through. Finally got this one. I think the price is just a factor of timing, with maintenance fees due this time of year, some people may be willing to sell a bit cheaper to get out of their timeshare, so I chalk it up to that.

MOXJO7282

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you for that - it was tough finding something OV or OF for what I could afford to pay. I am also selling my DVC points, so there is a budget I am trying to stay in and still have money left over. I tried to get an OF unit that I had to pull out of unfortunately, and then there were 2 different tries at getting in the new towers that fell through. Finally got this one. I think the price is just a factor of timing, with maintenance fees due this time of year, some people may be willing to sell a bit cheaper to get out of their timeshare, so I chalk it up to that.
May i ask where you did find such a good deal? I procured one at $8k and another $8.3k and looking for matching sets either OF or OV. I do have a new tower OF 2BDRM in ROFR at a good price so hoping that comes through soon but I'm always looking for more units but reasonable deals are far and few between and you better act fast because there are broker vultures that try to buy everything to resell higher.

5infam

TUG Member
Reaction score
May i ask where you did find such a good deal? I procured one at $8k and another $8.3k and looking for matching sets either OF or OV. I do have a new tower OF 2BDRM in ROFR at a good price so hoping that comes through soon but I'm always looking for more units but reasonable deals are far and few between and you better act fast because there are broker vultures that try to buy everything to resell higher.
Sure, I bought 1 unit that was advertised here on TUG, which was the mountain/garden view 2 bedroom for $3,500, purchased from David Patchanian at atimeshare.com. He is also a long time TUG member. The other unit was a lot harder to find. I was checking Redweek, e bay and a bunch of other sites every day (Magical Realty, Preferred Timeshare, etc.). I also had my prices out to several brokers, as I was willing to pay $7K for an OV and $10k for an OF, EOY 2 bedroom in the original towers, and up to $14K for the new towers. One of the brokers brought me several deals, some were odd years so I couldn't use them, but she was great at looking around for me and bringing me potential deals. That was Julie Morris-Miller at Concierge Realty. I sent her an e-mail, we spoke, then she kept an eye out and found a seller willing to go at $7K with the OV. She had a $9k OF, but it was odd years. Wish I could have taken that one, but I had to have even as I already bought the mountain/garden and that was even, so I needed a matching even. Like I said, with maintenance fees due, and Marriott not exercising ROFR as hard come year end, I think it is the best time to buy. I also put in a couple of bids that were not accepted on Redweek. I figure all I can do is ask and if they say no, then we both move on. Worth a shot, especially on those that have been sitting out there for a while. Good luck on your OF 2BDRM new tower! Let us know if it passes.

thinze3

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Just bought 1500 DC points for $1 per point.

I just won an eBay auction for 1500 DC points for $1,576.28.
This price is most certain to not pass ROFR, but let's see what happens.

Well, even with all the shady verbiage the broker put into the contract forcing Marriott to pay more than I would have, Marriott still executed it's ROFR. I will ask for a copy of the letter and Marriott's response.

hangloose

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Vista (x2)
Marriott's Maui Ocean Club
Marriott's Ko Olina Beach Club
Marriott's Ocean Pointe
While I've never been to Crystal Shores in Marco Island, I know the initial sale prices were very high for a legacy week prior to DC Pts Program. Not much ROFR activity on these either. Any chance Marriott may stop doing ROFR on these weeks given they are now building the new towers there? Just curious what others thought.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
While I've never been to Crystal Shores in Marco Island, I know the initial sale prices were very high for a legacy week prior to DC Pts Program. Not much ROFR activity on these either. Any chance Marriott may stop doing ROFR on these weeks given they are now building the new towers there? Just curious what others thought.

Are they even exercising ROFR? I don't think Marriott is exercising much of anything except points. This is truly a time when you can completely forget about ROFR when trying to make a deal. I haven't seen any verified ROFR failings on weeks in a while.

sb2313

TUG Member
Reaction score
Marriott did excercise rofr on a willow ridge platinum week for $100 on me last week. Likely just an outlier, but it was legit as I was emailed a copy of their email regarding it.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Marriott did excercise rofr on a willow ridge platinum week for $100 on me last week. Likely just an outlier, but it was legit as I was emailed a copy of their email regarding it.
@sb2313, would you mind adding this to the ROFR database; www.rofr.net? I don't see this one listed there.

MOXJO7282

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Maui Ocean Club new towers OF float passed ROFR at $19,100. 7th Maui Ocean 2BDRM unit but first in the new towers.

jhac007

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Ko Olina BC, Waioha BC, Crystal Shores (2 Gold), Kierland (Gold Plus), Ocean Pointe, Eagle's Nest, Vistana BC, Villas at Doral, Mizner Place, Windward Pointe, Star Island

I have just acquired two Crystal Shores gold weeks for a great bargain. However, I must admit my situation is no where near what the norm maybe. My understanding is Marriott does not have ROFR on CS (according to the closing agent) and at least they let mine pass.

Jim

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I have just acquired two Crystal Shores gold weeks for a great bargain. However, I must admit my situation is no where near what the norm maybe. My understanding is Marriott does not have ROFR on CS (according to the closing agent) and at least they let mine pass.

Jim
According to Syed's list, MVW does have ROFR at Cyrstal Shores. I suspect they have little appetite for weeks there given the new section opening shortly.

mjm1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Resorts and Destination Club Points;
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Maui Ocean Club new towers OF float passed ROFR at $19,100. 7th Maui Ocean 2BDRM unit but first in the new towers.

Is this an EOY unit or OV? That's an incredible price for an annual OF in the new towers.

Thanks.

Mike

jhac007

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Ko Olina BC, Waioha BC, Crystal Shores (2 Gold), Kierland (Gold Plus), Ocean Pointe, Eagle's Nest, Vistana BC, Villas at Doral, Mizner Place, Windward Pointe, Star Island
According to Syed's list, MVW does have ROFR at Cyrstal Shores. I suspect they have little appetite for weeks there given the new section opening shortly.

I really appreciate their "lack of appetite" for the gulf front building!

Jim

MOXJO7282

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Is this an EOY unit or OV? That's an incredible price for an annual OF in the new towers.

Thanks.

Mike
This is a floating OF annual unit. Especially good price considering it includes all closing and Marriott fees. Also includes 2017 usage which I'll rent to lower initial costs as well. I have my fingers crossed nothing blows up with this deal.

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
This is a floating OF annual unit. Especially good price considering it includes all closing and Marriott fees. Also includes 2017 usage which I'll rent to lower initial costs as well. I have my fingers crossed nothing blows up with this deal.
That is a phenomenal price -- congratulations and I hope it closes smoothly!!!

Best,

Greg

mjm1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Resorts and Destination Club Points;
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
That is a phenomenal price -- congratulations and I hope it closes smoothly!!!

Best,

Greg

I agree. Amazing deal. I also hope the. Closing process goes well for you.

Mike

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score

Jim

Have they been transferred to you yet? If the closing agent did not submit for ROFR then Marriott will probably not accept the transfer. Not saying they wouldn't pass ROFR but it sounds like the closing agent didn't even try and did not pay the ROFR fee. That will be a problem. The transfer department in Lakeland FL is supposed to see the waiver letter before they enter the transfer in the system.

MOXJO7282

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I agree. Amazing deal. I also hope the. Closing process goes well for you.

Mike
I didn't have much to benchmark against but did think it was pretty good so glad to get some confirmation. Also paid via SPG Amex with no fee so will get 60k+ in MAR points. From ebay through Sean S. Hopefully it closes quickly so I can try to get a decent 2017 week somehow.

Last edited: