• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Ocean City Ideas Wanted

natashateach

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
This summer we will be going to Saint Tropez in Ocean City. We are traveling with my in laws and children (ages 1, 3, and 4). We are driving from Connecticut. Is it best that we take the ferry or drive the entire way? Also any info on the resort or location will be helpful. Where is good and inexpensive entertainment as well as food....

liborn2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Lucky you...

Well, you will have fun..many options..check the OC website for calendar of events..http://www.ocean-city.com/
You have bonfires, concerts on the beach, Sundaes in the Park, free entertainment, refreshments at a cost, unless you bring your own cooler..
If you went to OC for a week each year, dined out every night for 10 years, you would never repeat a restaurant..choices galore..
to save some money, use take out..saves on drinks and tip..but my favorites for dining in and a must every trip is Seacrets, Bayside 41st street (Had my 50th Birthday there last year) and Greene Turtle, 118th st..a sport pub, pub food but wonderful Crab Cakes..
You must visit Assateague Island National Seashore website: http://www.nps.gov/asis/ The kids will love the free roaming ponies..Summers at Assateague are generally hot and humid. Mosquitos and ticks are abundant from spring through autumn. Insect repellent and/or protective clothing is recommended if you take the trails, my favorite is the Life on the Marsh Trail..so relaxing to walk this trail.
Shopping..TAX FREE all of Delaware, Tanger Outlets save for a rain day.
Boardwalk is fun, try the French fries at Thrashers, carry some ketchup packages with you, since they serve them with salt and/or malt vinegar, YUM..kids will ask for the ketchup..
I took the ferry once, to Lewes DE..it was very enjoyable, able to see Cape May and the lovely Victorian homes, the ferry ride was during Sunset, problem is making reservations and hoping to beat the traffic to arrive on time..if you do leisure trip..you and kids will enjoy it..but reservations a must..the return trip you would have better control of arriving on time for the experience.
The timeshare is right on the beach..never stayed there, but have seen the location on past visits to OC..an outdoor pool too...I believe Oceanview from the 3rd floor and up since a small building is between timeshare and beach...but you still ON THE BEACH..Take the bus each day for @2 per person, ride all day for $2..hop on and off as much as you like,,can get crowded at times, summer is busy with traffic..If you golf, great prices and courses, make reservations ahead of time...boy, wish I was coming with you.

sernow

TUG Member
Reaction score
Liborn beat me to what to do in Ocean City.

My driving recommendation would be to not take the Cape May-Lewis ferry via the Garden State Parkway in NJ. Take the ferry only if your looking to kill time, because it's slow and expensive (plus you need reservations in the summer). Instead take the NJ turnpike into Delaware, then take 95 south to 1 south. Route 1 in Delaware is a newer limited access toll road that runs from 95 to just south of Dover. From there I'd recommend just staying on 1 the whole way to Ocean City, but others like 113.

I was just recently in Ocean City for a lacrosse tournament and enjoyed it. It's still a party town, but getting better.

Behind the recreation fields at Northside Park, park on 125th street, is a long pier that you can crab from with the kids. Just be careful they don't fall off because there isn't a railing. (Edit: Saw the ages of the kids, and probably not a good idea)

Last edited:

Denise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Assateague

Assateague has both a state park (Maryland) and a National Seashore park. It has been several years since I've visited so this info may need to be updated by more recent visitors: the Maryland state park side (straight ahead as you come in, the national park is to the right) was more "developed" in that there is a large bath house w/ hot/cold showers, food/drink to purchase and a small "store". there are several campgrounds there. you can view this at www.dnr.state.md.us go to state parks, then "Eastern Shore". the beaches were guarded for swimming. The National seashore had rinse off showers and bathrooms. no life guards and also camping. The ponys run through both sides. Both are very nice beach wise,just depends on what you are looking for. We spent more time at Assateague for our beach days than OC. Berlin is also a nice small town to visit, it's where they filmed Runaway Bride. The boardwalk is fun at night, try the Thrashers Fries w/ vinegar. There is something for everyone.

Poette

TUG Member
Reaction score
General's Kitchen is great for breakfast - creamed chipped beef omlettes and general breakfast food - around 72nd St in the Beachmark Motel. Satellite Cafe is another good one. There are a number of family type restaurants everywhere. Nick Idoni's has good ribs and we never miss House of Welsh (just across the line in Fenwick) for their cream of crab soup and crabcakes. We normally go the Pub side which offers reasonable Pub specials but I don't know how you feel about taking kids there. Seacrets is definitely unique - I would say not for children. Fagers Island (at 62nd St) plays the 1810 overture in time to the sun setting over the bay. Pretty cool. Food is decent but pricey so just go for sunset on a clear night and enjoy.

natashateach

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Appreciate all the suggestions

I appreciate all of these suggestions. Please keep them going. I am taking notes.:whoopie: