• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Phila To Amherst in end of Aug

yan19454

Reaction score
Any fun thing to do for the driving trip from Phila to Amherst College. Thx.

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Regency - Marco Island
Lagunamar - Cancun
Vistana Villages Key West (2) - Orlando
I might have some ideas if you give me a clue where Amherst is.

sernow

TUG Member
Reaction score
How much time do you have and what are you interested in doing? Are you from the Northeast?

sunnysky2k

Reaction score
Amherst college, Amherst, MA

I don't know from Phil to Amherst but I went Amherst college several time due to my husband and his father graduated there.
There is Emily Dickinson's house and Robert Frost's Library...
Mt Holyoke is a beautiful campus as well...of course, Amherst's rival, Williams college is, located on Western MA, near the Tangle wood, the home of Boston Philharmony...
Hope someone give more info...enjoy your trip.

nerodog

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
near Amherst, MA

Hi, I am assuming you want something in the immediate area so here are a few ideas.... Yankee candle outlet and store is in Deerfield . There is a restaurant as well and lots to do there...down the road is a BUtterfly museum which is live butterflies all around, eatery there too and small but pleasant....NOrthampton, MA next to Amherst is a fun place to walk around. Nice downtown area with loads of eateries and shops to browse. Amherst itself has a nice main street too... Atkins Farm is in South AMherst, pretty scenery and goodies.. ( hope you like to eat !!) Its a scenic area to drive around. :)

yan19454

Reaction score
My son would go to Amherst College summer camp. I live around Phila and plan to pick him up if I find something fun to do. i like the city and eating, hiking but I have two senior citizens with me. I am looking for easy hike, right now. Timewise I plan to stay less than one week in the area. Thx.

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lagunamar - Cancun
Where around Philly do you live?

yan19454

Reaction score
I live in North Wales. but I think I would start my trip from center city of Phila

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lagunamar - Cancun
OK, now we're getting somewhere. I used to live in Gwynedd Valley and work in North Wales, so I know your starting area like the back of my hand. Now, if we could only get back to post #2 we may have some info for you. Where exactly is it that you are looking for things to do?