• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Any Cove @ Yarmouth Owners ?

timeos2

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
For any Cove owners the Board met this past Friday and elected new officers. We also saw the completed renovations to all the Suites and the in-progress model for the Townhouses (1/2 to be renovated Nov 2008 - March 2009).

Any questions I'd be happy to answer. Looks like a great summer for the Cape & the Cove.

Our new Board President - John Walsh
Vice President - Eric Solomon
Secretary/Treasurer - John Chase (yours truly!)

h

massvacationer

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
questions regarding unit configurations

Not a Cove owner - but thinking about it for a future stay....

It looks like all the units are 1 BR, but there seems to be different configurations (some look to be Townhouse and some one-level)...Is this correct?

and do they all have 2 Bath Rooms?

Which are roomier and more desirable - the townhouse or one-level style? I would assume Townhouse are better, but I have read reviews that the townhouse upper floors are tiny and cramped.

I have a family of four (two young boys)

Do some have a water view (which)?

Thanks! :)

timeos2

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Not a Cove owner - but thinking about it for a future stay....

It looks like all the units are 1 BR, but there seems to be different configurations (some look to be Townhouse and some one-level)...Is this correct?

There are two styles. On the first floor are the Suites with a rather traditional floor plan. Each suite has a living room/ dining area, bedroom and outdoor porch/balcony.

The Townhouses are all on the second floor, there are twice as many as there are Suites. They have a living/dining area and a loft style bedroom another story up.

Both have partial kitchens due to Town restrictions. There is a refrigerator, microwave & sink. No dishwasher or stove.

and do they all have 2 Bath Rooms?

Yes.

Which are roomier and more desirable - the townhouse or one-level style? I would assume Townhouse are better, but I have read reviews that the townhouse upper floors are tiny and cramped.

All the resorts on the Cape are much smaller rooms than you'd find at most timeshares. Some because they are motel conversions but others, like the Cove, where purpose built as timeshare but still had to allocate very expensive land between common elements and the unit size.

The Cove went with a unique two story design for the Townhouses that makes the most of a limited space. Both types of units have almost the same amount of total floor space but the TH has it in a very unique layout - the Suites much more traditional.

I have a family of four (two young boys)

Do some have a water view (which)?

Thanks! :)

1/2 of the units face the parking/common areas - 1/2 have a yard/Cove view. The Cove is tidal in nature and is home to much wildlife. The Parking areas also hold the outdoor poool & tennis courts. We actually like both views.

As for why the Cove it was built as a resort and for the unexpected weather and seasons of the Cape. Outdoors are the pool & tennis plus kids play areas, grills, picnic areas, etc. But indoors are a larger pool, hot tub, full fitness center, indoor "picnic" areas, large meeting/party rooms with every room accessible by hallway in cool or inclement weather. There is an on site restaurant run by a world class chef.

Plus there is a full Recreation building with indoor tennis, basketball, game room, squash, owners lounge and more. All are free to owners and guests. It is so complete that locals pay to use the facilities when they are allowed in slower use times.

So although the units are small the overall experience remains one of a true resort. The area is rich in things to do and visit and the Cove is in the middle of it all. We have been an RCI Silver Crown resort for many years.

GrayFal

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
I have not seen the room interiors but the overall maintenance of the exterior property is excellent - did a 'drive thru' a few weeks ago.

e.bram

Reaction score
Anyone thinking of buying on the Cape should consider Surfside in Falmouth. Large units, ocean front and a full kitchen, as well as other amenities.

pcgirl54

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach
Thanks for the updates. I own at Brewster Green but wanted to try other Cape resorts. I stayed in a townhouse at the Cove last Labor Day that faced the cove. There are plenty of activities for a family at this resort. It is nice and clean and in a good location. Staff at the front desk was very helpful and there is a nice lobby.The interior pool area is really great. There are outdoor tennis courts and a pool. A plus are the beach passes. They are limited and first come basis for a small fee. I think we paid $5.00 normally it is $15 to park at one of the 3-4 Yarmouth beaches on the pass.

I think this is a nice resort especially for families since there are is a lot to do there. My comments are based on one of the posters query about a future stay with young boys.

The unit has enough room for a family of four. There was no balcony to sit outside in our unit but one could open the screen that looked out on the pond. The open loft bedroom is very small. One side of the ceilings in the unit we stayed in was slanted so that cut down on the bedroom standing space. The bed was comfortable. There is a half wall that faces the living room with a fold down pleated shade. Not really private if that is an issue. The stairs up to the loft are a bit steep for little ones so I am not sure if I would have them sleep downstairs on the couch or upstairs. The TV is fixed on the wall like a hospital room TV . I am 5 ft and had to crane my neck to see the TV from the bed and that was not comfortable.

If the single floor unit has a full bed and a sleeper with young ones I think I would chose it over the townhouse depending on the age of the children and if they get up in the middle of the night. As a couple we were fine.

Last edited: