• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[2012] Worldwide Points Solution

sharedcare

TUG Member
Reaction score
We just attended a local one-on-one presentation by a representative of Worldwide Points Solution. Made it sound like a too-good-to be-true solution to our timeshare ownerships. Does anyone have experience with converting timeshare ownerships to points with this company. The invitation to attend the presentation came from RCI, e.g. introducing new program benefits to make better use of our timeshares.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
This is not an RCI product - this company would just like you to believe it is.

These vacation clubs a generally not well regarded. Instead of having a deeded timeshare, you are going to have points in a company that no one has ever heard of, and when they go bankrupt - they will have your money and you will have NOTHING!

Don't do it!

sharedcare

TUG Member
Reaction score
Worldwide Points Solution

We have been timeshare owners for a long time and know there are lots of scammers out there. As presented, this was attractive, especially since we know our children will not be happy to inherit Maintenance fees.
We were told we would still hold our deeds; there would be no cash upfront (except a 26.00 transaction fee) and that the points left each year or if we chose not use points, would be cashed out to us at 10 cents per point, which we could use to pay maintenance fees or anything else. There was a ? requirement to purchase ($9000 using points converted to cash) at Thunderbird, their "holding company", in Reno with a $600 maintenance fee also to be paid with points. As presented onsite, they are not RCI, but formerly worked for RCI and their income is from a 10 per cent commission on each reservation/transaction from points converted to cash.
The initial form we were asked to sign and submit was titled "RCI Points Agreement". It asked us to list all timeshares we owned and any currently banked with RCI, which could also be converted to points.
Worldwide Points Solution is based in Cheyenne, Wyoming.

We said we needed to do more research.

Last edited:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
No way would I do this - the fact that they used to work for RCI means nothing.

And by the way, no one has to inherit property they don't want - your children certainly are not required to inherit your timeshares if they don't want them.

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
Where is their track record?

I am always weary of BRAND NEW companies. The odds of success are even stacked against LEGIT companies.

Their website was created just FOURTEEN days ago! Not sure how they already have testimonials on their website, if they are legit.

Their address, according to this site, is home to over 2000 shell companies:
http://www.justanswer.com/fraud-examiner/6m2yp-meeting-world-points-solution-buying.html

Think twice, or three times before giving money

sharedcare

TUG Member
Reaction score

I have also come up with the address information, but did not see a website.
Thanks for your help. You have confirmed my suspicions.

workerbee

Reaction score

I, too, was contacted by "RCI" about a meeting where I could learn how to use my points better. After the pitch from the two agents from Worldwide Points Solution, who call themselves "Platinum Points Rental Brokers", about buying into and setting up an "ATM" where I could deposit my unused weeks which could be converted to points (at $26. per week) and used as points, or cashed out at 10 cents per point, I'm embarrassed to admit that I fell for the story and gave them a great deal of money. I found out that I actually bought a week at The Reno Spa Resort! There currently is actually no place with that name! I am now attempting to unravel myself from the fraud that may have been committed. I don't have a great deal of hope of getting my money back, but if anyone else had dealings with these same people and could share their info on them, it may help me with my case. Remember, if it sounds too good to be true...then is probably is not true!

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
You may want to contact the attorney general of the state where this happened, or of any address you find. BBB may also put an F rating on them, but who checks on a BBB rating first anyway.

Good luck and we hope you are successful.

Another thought- notifying the REAL RCI about their name being used for a scam fraud. Offer to be a witness against the perp.

Jim Ricks

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
I, too, was contacted by "RCI" about a meeting where I could learn how to use my points better. After the pitch from the two agents from Worldwide Points Solution, who call themselves "Platinum Points Rental Brokers", about buying into and setting up an "ATM" where I could deposit my unused weeks which could be converted to points (at $26. per week) and used as points, or cashed out at 10 cents per point, I'm embarrassed to admit that I fell for the story and gave them a great deal of money. I found out that I actually bought a week at The Reno Spa Resort! There currently is actually no place with that name! I am now attempting to unravel myself from the fraud that may have been committed. I don't have a great deal of hope of getting my money back, but if anyone else had dealings with these same people and could share their info on them, it may help me with my case. Remember, if it sounds too good to be true...then is probably is not true!

So sorry to hear that you may have been taken. There is very little info on the web for the Reno Spa Resort. However, I did come across a Nevada corporation listing for the Reno Spa Resort Owner Association -

http://nvsos.gov/sosentitysearch/CorpDetails.aspx?lx8nvq=XzMfFtiuZSV5NqmlGrsK9w%3d%3d&nt7=0

Also, there is a BBB file for them as well -

http://www.bbb.org/central-florida/...spa-resort-owner-assoc-in-orlando-fl-44319886

I would think with the lack on info on the web that maybe the HOA no longer exists. If the HOA no longer exists, not sure why they they still have an active business license and corporation. Then again, Worldwide Points Solution just may have pulled this name out of a hat.

Another poster to this thread stated that they were told they needed to buy at Thunderbird resort using $9000 from points converted to cash. Now this resort DOES exist. However, eBay has multiple listings that went UNSOLD with starting bids as low as $1. In fact, even a Thunderbird ashtray sold but no one wanted the timeshare. Maybe this is a way for them to dump timeshares no one wants to buy!?!

I just went to Worldwide Points Solution's website and my computer antivirus popped up stating that there is Malware at that site. Not good news by any means.

How did you pay? Hopefully it was with a credit card and if so CALL them and advise of scam and then dispute per their instructions.

Last edited:

LovingLife

Banned
Reaction score
We just attended a local one-on-one presentation by a representative of Worldwide Points Solution. Made it sound like a too-good-to be-true solution to our timeshare ownerships. Does anyone have experience with converting timeshare ownerships to points with this company. The invitation to attend the presentation came from RCI, e.g. introducing new program benefits to make better use of our timeshares.

SHILL
I went to the same meeting several months ago. Yes, this sounded too good to be true. I did my research, called to the resort I purchased and spoke to practically everyone in the company.
They quoted, "We have not had any problems with this company and they've been in business with us for many years."
I went ahead and paid them $9800.00 to see if this would work for my family and I. After 65 days of waiting, we received a check in the mail. I deposited it into my bank account, paid my maintenance fees and some.
I know everyone has the right to speak their minds in blogs, but there has to be some good in Worldwide Points Solution or they wouldn't be in business. :D I'm a happy camper! Just be aware that all blogs aren't true. Look at Facebook, they ruin people's lives.

Last edited by a moderator:

LovingLife

Banned
Reaction score
So sorry to hear that you may have been taken. There is very little info on the web for the Reno Spa Resort. However, I did come across a Nevada corporation listing for the Reno Spa Resort Owner Association -

http://nvsos.gov/sosentitysearch/CorpDetails.aspx?lx8nvq=XzMfFtiuZSV5NqmlGrsK9w%3d%3d&nt7=0

Also, there is a BBB file for them as well -

http://www.bbb.org/central-florida/...spa-resort-owner-assoc-in-orlando-fl-44319886

I would think with the lack on info on the web that maybe the HOA no longer exists. If the HOA no longer exists, not sure why they they still have an active business license and corporation. Then again, Worldwide Points Solution just may have pulled this name out of a hat.

Another poster to this thread stated that they were told they needed to buy at Thunderbird resort using $9000 from points converted to cash. Now this resort DOES exist. However, eBay has multiple listings that went UNSOLD with starting bids as low as $1. In fact, even a Thunderbird ashtray sold but no one wanted the timeshare. Maybe this is a way for them to dump timeshares no one wants to buy!?!

I just went to Worldwide Points Solution's website and my computer antivirus popped up stating that there is Malware at that site. Not good news by any means.

How did you pay? Hopefully it was with a credit card and if so CALL them and advise of scam and then dispute per their instructions.

SHILL
I called Worldwide Points Solution and The Reno Spa why they did not have much information of their company via internet after I read this post. Unfortunately, they are old school folks and felt that the internet was something they thought they did not need to get into. They were then convinced to build one by several owners. I also wondered why they had some Malware problems on their site and they just don't know and is being fixed. I had to comment because people are so malicious these days and bad mouth a company for any simple reason. Like I said in another post I made, research everywhere. Not one blog that post negative things about every Timeshare. People need help with timeshares that they'd own for 10 years.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I went ahead and paid them $9800.00 to see if this would work for my family and I. After 65 days of waiting, we received a check in the mail.
:rofl:

LovingLife:

1. Your post is completely unbelievable
2. You are not posting from New Jesey - in fact, you are located in Wyoming - just like this company:
Worldwide Points Solutions, LLC
2710 Thomes Ave
Cheyenne, WY 82001​
3. You are a SHILL

Last edited:

geekette

Reaction score
Loving,

I would be interested in hearing how this is working out for you.

You say you are a happy camper but have given little detail about the check you received (where was that in the original posts?) but no info on what you can do with this new ownership, nor your ability to book into the resort you were required to buy.

I'd like to hear more about how this whole thing works before RCI calls me.

LovingLife

Banned
Reaction score
:rofl:

LovingLife:

2. You are not posting from New Jesey - in fact, you are located in Wyoming - just like this company:
2710 Thomes Ave
Cheyenne, WY 82001​
3. You are a SHILL

SHILL
What makes you think I'm in Wyoming?! Are you THAT computer savvy to connect to my server! Looks like you're in the WRONG for this one! I've been screening all the other posts connected to TUG and all people do is write negative comments about ALL TIMESHARES! Do you even own a timeshare Denise? Be sure to look into my server and check my location before you attempt to call me out on who I am and where I am located.
PEOPLE: Like I said earlier, this blog is completely negative and DENISE will say anything but positive things about any timeshare company. PERIOD! This is not me trying to cover for Worldwide Points Solution, this is me helping companies that helped me!
By the way, if you Googled the address in Wyoming, it's where mail is delivered to, not a physical business. The end.

LovingLife

Banned
Reaction score
Loving,

I would be interested in hearing how this is working out for you.

You say you are a happy camper but have given little detail about the check you received (where was that in the original posts?) but no info on what you can do with this new ownership, nor your ability to book into the resort you were required to buy.

I'd like to hear more about how this whole thing works before RCI calls me.

SHILL
Dear Geekette,
Since I made this deal just 5 months ago on February 16th. I can explain all... I went to a meeting with my husband at The Applebee's Restaurant. My husband so NO from the get go. But the sale reps were so convincing (very car salesmen like) and next thing I knew, I signed paperwork and gave them my credit card. On the car ride home, my husband was furious- but I told him we have a 3 days rescission and lets research. I called Worldwide Points Solution almost everyday for 3 days and my sales rep along with Reno Spa. After speaking to about 6 people, I said okay and if this doesn't work, I'll call my credit card company and have them reverse the transaction if I am unhappy. After 30 days, I submitted a form to the Wyoming address to rent 38000 points, 35 days later, I received the check in the mail for $2500.00 and they said they'll continue to send me checks since I'm in a rotation. I received my second check of $1550.00 last month and should be receiving more for the rental.
To use my points if I wanted to stay somewhere, they gave me the number to RCI Points at 1-800-968-7476 and RCI points would walk me through the process of using them. As of today, I haven't contacted them, since I'm not using it.
I said I am a happy camper because I got some cash as they promised me. If this is something you're not interested in, don't do it. As long as I receive cash as they told me at the meeting, I can shut my husband up and hope they will continue to do as they say.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
What makes you think I'm in Wyoming?! Are you THAT computer savvy to connect to my server! ming, it's where mail is delivered to, not a physical business. The end.

Yes, I am :wave: - I can see your IPS address, and you are posting from Wyoming.

By the way - have a mail drop with no real office is one of the hallmarks of a scam... ;)

geekette

Reaction score
Love,
I'm unclear on how you make the money and what you actually own now?

You retain ownership on the 38,000 points but they rent them out for you? Guess I'm not sure how it would work if a renter caused damage - would the resort (or RCI) come after you or WPS?

Are you saying that they do all the work in finding renters, handling contracts etc., and you have just basically "lent" them your points ?

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Another one bites the dust...

LovingLife:

2710 Thomes Ave
Cheyenne, WY 82001​
3. You are a SHILL

Woe has just befallen still another intrepid shill who has unwisely stepped forward to "volunteer" for the bright sunlight Denise so effectively provides in response to their fabrications and tall tales of great and wondrous things.

It's always a hoot when they get "outed" and revealed by IP address to be from a location (...and intent) that is so completely different from that being foolishly claimed in the fairy tale post.

Gotcha! Again! (...and again and again). :hysterical:

P.S. Loving Life was absolutely correct in stating one thing: It was indeed "The End" (of her credibility).:D

Last edited:

LovingLife

Banned
Reaction score
Yes, I am :wave: - I can see your IPS address, and you are posting from Wyoming.

By the way - have a mail drop with no real office is one of the hallmarks of a scam... ;)

SHILL: HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA! Like I said Denise, you need to do your homework. You post 11 comments a day, use that time to research my location hunny. I have real work to do.

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
True eloquence...

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA! Like I said Denise, you need to do your homework. You post 11 comments a day, use that time to research my location hunny. I have real work to do.

A brilliant departing submission from our intrepid shill as she scurries away, exposed. :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

Bye, "hunny".

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
SHILLI...called to the resort I purchased and spoke to practically everyone in the company.
They quoted, "We have not had any problems with this company and they've been in business with us for many years."

Darn it, "she" is gone already? I wanted her to give us the phone number to the Reno Spa Resort so we could verify her claim that Worldwide Point Solution has been a business partner of the resort for years. I personally cannot find ANY phone number for a so called Reno Spa Resort.

I doubt we will ever see her post that info...

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned

pjrose

TUG Member
Reaction score
SHILL
What makes you think I'm in Wyoming?! Are you THAT computer savvy to connect to my server! Looks like you're in the WRONG for this one! I've been screening all the other posts connected to TUG and all people do is write negative comments about ALL TIMESHARES! Do you even own a timeshare Denise? Be sure to look into my server and check my location before you attempt to call me out on who I am and where I am located.
PEOPLE: Like I said earlier, this blog is completely negative and DENISE will say anything but positive things about any timeshare company. PERIOD! This is not me trying to cover for Worldwide Points Solution, this is me helping companies that helped me!
By the way, if you Googled the address in Wyoming, it's where mail is delivered to, not a physical business. The end.

Yes indeed, Denise IS that computer savvy! She can easily find out the location from which you are posting

Nope, there's a lot more than negatives on TUG. Most of us love our timeshare vacations. In fact I absolutely LOVE my TSs, some of which were bought at developer prices, some resale. The same goes for lots and lots of TS owners. Your screening must be selective.

In general, we just don't like to spend many many times more than we have to, and we absolutely hate being lied to by people and companies that claim they'll rent our weeks or points for thousands (if so, why don't you keep them and do it yourselves??), take our TS off our hands for "only" hundreds or thousands of dollars, etc.

And a question: if you aren't part of this company, how do you know where the mail is delivered vs where the physical business is, hmmmmm?

:hi: :hi: :hi:

Thanks for providing us with some amusement :D :D :D but for your scam, you'll have to find people who aren't as savvy as TUGgers. I hope they find TUG before you find them! :D :D :D

Last edited:

MelBay

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Nothing like a little excitement in my dull day. :zzz:

Think they went away? Darn, this was just getting good!

workerbee

Reaction score
RE: RCI invitation

If anyone who received the invitation from RCI, to attend the meeting on points usage, still has their invitation (or any other documents provided to them by Worldwide Points Solution) I know that RCI would like to receive them as they are investigating possible fraud by WPS against RCI.