• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

buying worldmark on CraigsList

Ruccid

Reaction score
I am new to timeshares. I have used friends worldmark vacations and loved it. I refuse to pay the crazy prices through world mark. I have found a seller on CL who is offering a great deal for $2500. This includes 16000 points and 8,000 on a january 31st anniversary date. Please help me with questions to be sure this is not a hoax. Also, with World Mark do I have to have a preferred location? Like other timeshares am I tied into a certain week that I can use my points?
I appreciate any help you can give this "newbie"! Thank you!

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hoax or not you will have to establish it yourself. You can find similar points/price on eBay or directly through reputable 3rd party reseller. You can go to wmowners.com and you can find all sorts of resources there. Read up and research before buying.

Worldmark is a pure points system, no home location or "preferred location".

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hoax or not you will have to establish it yourself. You can find similar points/price on eBay or directly through reputable 3rd party reseller. You can go to wmowners.com and you can find all sorts of resources there. Read up and research before buying.

Worldmark is a pure points system, no home location or "preferred location".

Understand you are looking at an 8000 credit membership. (8000 credits annually)

So roughly 30 cents a credit. That's good for a fully loaded contract

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
so, if the deal is real....

8k contract: 8000 banked, 8000 current, 8000 to borrow (jan 17, 8k more) is a 'fully loaded contract.'

Guideline for 'fully loaded' is about .40 cents per point--all fees. That's $3200

At $2500 (plus $299 transfer fee paid by buyer I assume?) thats $2800 or about .35 cents per point, all in. Very good price.

Of course, you'll need a closing/escrow agent unless the seller will take a form of payment that allows chargeback/cancellation for unfufilled contracts. There is a great deal of discussion about using paypal for real estate on ebay...rules and such. If reputable or done via escrow/closing agent...good deal.

Keep in mind; you'll need to book/deposit/use those those expiring 8k points by Jan 30 or you'll lose them. Best have the seller book a ressie or be prepared to have him make one if contract doesn't transfer in time. Options include spacebank with RCI or II or placeholder reservation or actual reservation.

cheers.

ps: Worldmark is great on the west coast or for trading. If you're New York and plan on driving to your vacation.....maybe not so much. Research. FIll out the 'what to buy for newbies' under new to timesharing and see what people advise.

K2Quick

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would personally not buy an 8,000 credit membership - the membership dues for a 10,000 credit membership are exactly the same as for an 8,000 credit membership. You'll pay a little more up front, but you'll get about $150 per year in extra value each year for the same annual outlay.

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
K2 is right....

Fees are inefficient for 8k...that's why it's cheaper.

Fees have gone up a bit for 2016 (8k is $752.43 for 2016 vs 2015 below)
It's still a good price..but I would combine for larger account if I liked it and wanted to keep it.

WorldMark Maintenance Dues - 2015
Credits Basic Dues
5,000 $445.65
6,000 $581.12
7,000 $581.12
8,000 $716.59
9,000 $716.59
10,000 $716.59
11,000 $852.06
12,000 $852.06