• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham Hawaii timeshare presentation

wheaties

TUG Member
Reaction score
Headed to Kauai in a few days. Talked to the concierge at KBV who told me about discounts for a few of the activities that we were planning to do anyway on the island IF we take the timeshare presentation at the Bali Hai on the North Shore (which we had planned to drive up to that area anyway). What has been anyone's experience with that timeshare presentation? Is it high pressure? Long? Hard to get out in 90 minutes? Trying to weigh $ savings versus time involved. Thanks for your help!

teepeeca

TUG Member
Reaction score
The presentation will be VERY LOW PRESSURE, and, of course, it will only last 90 minutes !!!

If you believe what I have just posted, I'll sell you a very nice bridge in the state of New York for a good price.

I think you have "mis-read" the length of time the presentation will take---I think the actual length of time is 90 HOURS, not MINUTES !!!

Actually, it's not too bad (the presentation), depending upon the sales agent. Remember to just say "NO" !!!

Tony

falmouth3

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Actually, we went to a Wyndham presentation on BI last year. We told them that we bought our original TS on Ebay and reminded the salesman (several times) that we got to Hawaii using that TS so we weren't about to buy. He seemed to be pretty new and he was definitely unprepared to counter our arguments. We got out of there in well under 90 minutes and we got our gift. Sometimes you luck out. ;)

Sue

timeos2

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Its a virtual torture - is it worth it to you?

Headed to Kauai in a few days. Talked to the concierge at KBV who told me about discounts for a few of the activities that we were planning to do anyway on the island IF we take the timeshare presentation at the Bali Hai on the North Shore (which we had planned to drive up to that area anyway). What has been anyone's experience with that timeshare presentation? Is it high pressure? Long? Hard to get out in 90 minutes? Trying to weigh $ savings versus time involved. Thanks for your help!

If they don't give you at least $100 in CASH value (tickets count if you know the discounted value they truly have) then don't waste your time. If there is even a remote chance you'd fall for a "deal" (there is no such thing at any retail price) then don't risk it. Its your vacation time and only you know what the most likely 2-3 hours, not 90 minutes, is worth to you. They delay you when you arrive, any eating time doesn't count, you have to put up with the fake friendship building and glad handing and eventually to 2 to 4 final "closers" before you actually get out with your money/tickets. It's a tough way to "earn" $100+/-

Bill4728

Reaction score
Remember that Wyndham resells for <$0.02 on the dollar. So if they want $20,000, you can likely buy it for less than $400.

So, One thing that may help is to bring in ads from websites offering the resort for sale. They will show that the offer that the salesmen is offering you is so terrible that no matter what else he throws in , it is still a terrible deal.

wheaties

TUG Member
Reaction score
thanks for the help

Truly, there is no way I would be buying a timeshare in Hawaii. Both of our timeshares have been resales and with the way we use our weeks, I would NEVER buy from the developer. Just wondering how much aggravation I'd get for a little savings.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
Truly, there is no way I would be buying a timeshare in Hawaii. Both of our timeshares have been resales and with the way we use our weeks, I would NEVER buy from the developer. Just wondering how much aggravation I'd get for a little savings.

Over the years we've decided our vacation time is worth much more than what we might save by doing a presentation. And lately they haven't been able to offer anything we're really interested in.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Talked to the concierge at KBV who told me about discounts for a few of the activities that we were planning to do anyway on the island IF we take the timeshare presentation at the Bali Hai on the North Shore (which we had planned to drive up to that area anyway).

They do NOT give you cash at KBV!

We own at KBV, and last summer they gave me a quote on "discounted activities" if we would do a TS presentation. I already had my prices with me that I had researched online for the activities that we wanted to do and their "discounted prices" were far more than the rates I could book directly myself! So don't do it - it's a waste of time and the "discount" will cost you money!

Your best bet for a discount is to decide what activities you want to do and then research them online, well ahead of time.

Last edited:

jacknsara

KBV Forum Moderator
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pahio Kauai Beach Villas, Pahio Shearwater

Aloha,
We've been owners at KBV for years but haven't done a presentation for more than 5 years. Our vacation time is too valuable to waste it that way (and we stay for several weeks at a time). Some of the concierges have worked there for years and are nice and pleasant folks - they contribute to the aloha of the resort. That said, their compensation / job depends on getting people into the presentations. Think aloha when you turn them down.
Jack

AKE

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
We went to one on Maui a few weeks ago. Maybe it was the fact that we had a new salesman (had only been selling for a month) and I had done a bit of research beforehand so I knew what resales cost (I found a couple on the internet that were being given away for free) but we were in and out (about 70 minutes) with minimal pressure - told them that the price was too high and that was it. We received close to a $200 discount on an all-day rafting expedition so timewise or pressure wise it wasn't bad at all.

katsgarden

TUG Member
Reaction score
They do NOT give you cash at KBV!

We own at KBV, and last summer they gave me a quote on "discounted activities" if we would do a TS presentation. I already had my prices with me that I had researched online for the activities that we wanted to do and their "discounted prices" were far more than the rates I could book directly myself! So don't do it - it's a waste of time and the "discount" will cost you money!

Your best bet for a discount is to decide what activities you want to do and then research them online, well ahead of time.

My son stayed at the Ke Ok' Kai (Wyndam) in Sept., and made the mistake of "signing up" for a TS presentation at the Bali Hai. The "gift" was an activities discount card. He had to make a credit card deposit (I think it was $125.00 each, or more). There were 6 people in his party, so he was given 6 discount cards. The discounts were pretty bogus. In fact, he tried to use it to rent something and the sales person just laughed and said his price would better without the discount card. So, since none of the cards were used, he opted out of the presentation and they refunded his deposits, all 6 of them. My son learned a valuable lesson when it comes to Timeshare presentations.
I was shocked at this so called "gift".

Kauai Kid

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Just a USWG (unscientific wild guess)

Airfare for 2: $1800
Car rental/wk: $ 300
Condo/wk: $1000
Total/wk: $3100

Sat: arrive 4pm collapse 9pm= 5 hrs
Sun-Fri; 12 hrs/day in paradise=72 hrs
Sat: 8-10 pack up/check out
Sat: 10-4 last minute sightseeing=6 hrs
Sat: 4-6: TSA+tickets for aircraft

Total Vacation Time in Paradise: 84 hrs

Vacation Cost/hr=$3100/84=$37/hr

Put in your own numbers to see how much that 90 minute presentation is costing you.

The Point at Poipu owners presentation was so high pressure it literally ruined a whole day for us. :mad:

I'll never again attend a timeshare presentation.

Buy Resale

Sterling

MuranoJo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just a USWG (unscientific wild guess)

Airfare for 2: $1800
Car rental/wk: $ 300
Condo/wk: $1000
Total/wk: $3100

Sat: arrive 4pm collapse 9pm= 5 hrs
Sun-Fri; 12 hrs/day in paradise=72 hrs
Sat: 8-10 pack up/check out
Sat: 10-4 last minute sightseeing=6 hrs
Sat: 4-6: TSA+tickets for aircraft

Total Vacation Time in Paradise: 84 hrs

Vacation Cost/hr=$3100/84=$37/hr

Put in your own numbers to see how much that 90 minute presentation is costing you.

The Point at Poipu owners presentation was so high pressure it literally ruined a whole day for us. :mad:

I'll never again attend a timeshare presentation.

Buy Resale

Sterling

That's an excellent way to present that. It would be interestng to see what the 'real' vacation time is for those who want to island hop in the same week---brings the real vacation time down even further.

david8054

TUG Member
Reaction score
I went to the presentation at Bali Hai in late October and was given AMEX debit cards totalling $175.00. Since these are basically cash, I was glad I went.

katsgarden

TUG Member
Reaction score
I went to the presentation at Bali Hai in late October and was given AMEX debit cards totalling $175.00. Since these are basically cash, I was glad I went.

Are you an owner? I'm wondering if that is for an owner update presentation. I think the exchangers just get the so called "discount card".

falmouth3

TUG Member
Reaction score
We got a credit for any of the offered activities. We chose a sunset sail. As I recall, it was either free or very inexpensive for the two of us.

Sue

chellej

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We did it about 18 months ago, I do not remeber the the rewards, I believe we got one free tour and the discount card but when we showed up for the presentation they were overbooked so they gave us our gift and we didn't have to sit through any presentation - was out in 10 minutes.

talkamotta

TUG Member
Reaction score
I own at Pahio Ka Eo Kai.
The sweet concierge talked me into going to an owner's update meeting. I received half off 4 tickets for the Napalli Coast cruise (approx. $200)

I went to Bali for the presentation. I actually wanted to learn more about points and Wyndam had the answer for me. $12500 to convert my timeshare that I bought for $1800 (could have paid even less of course, now) on ebay.

The younger and less experienced salesman reminded me of "BOB" the commerical about the little blue pills, maybe you have seen "BOB". Yes, that big bright smile just shining away.

His smile wasnt so bright after about 30 minutes when I asked him how much all these spectacular advantages and vacations would cost me. I explained what I had paid and what I had done and my motivation for coming was to be educated. He had to take me over to the chosen timeshare unit and as he pointed to the coastline (which is very beautiful) and said that is what we are selling. I told him to turn around and look at the unit and said "this" is what you are selling; YOU DONT OWN THE COASTLINE OF KAUAI.

I got out of there in less than 90 minutes and he didnt even say goodbye. Didn't break my heart but what irritated me was that he told his manager that the concierge didnt tell me that I needed to bring my husband with me and that I was married and I shouldnt get the discount tickets. I am not married, I am not living with anyone except my college children. I wouldnt let my boyfriend or the other couple come because I knew it would just take longer and I really didnt want to put them thru it.

I had to call the manager and explain. I also told her that her sales people should be trained to educate and treat existing owners well. He needed to learn how to take rejection well, that not all people are ignorant of timesharing and he shouldnt tell untruths. I also explained that I would be interested in investing more money into the "Wyndam Experience" when Pahio is upgraded to a "Gold Crown". Let me see how Wyndam treats the resorts and owners they already have.

Im pretty thick skinned but this presentation wasnt really worth it to me.

sailingman22

TUG Member
Reaction score
The Wyndham rep was working out the car rental area in Maui Wednesday and was offering $100.00 cash per couple to attend a timeshare presentation. She agreed to throw in an additional 3 day/ 2 night getaway or 50% off any activity that she booked.

I do not know the resort was being used but did have her write down the info on her card in case we wanted to do a night cruise.

sailingman22

TUG Member
Reaction score
Offers vary on Front Street but we are going to the Wyndham presentation for 2 tickets for a cocktail cruise and 2 tickets for a whale watching tour. The Pacific Whale Foundation celebrated the "welcome back whale" day Saturday and are starting their whale tours with several pods arriving in the local area already. They offer a very nice boat trip and we highly recommend their tours.

ronandjoan

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Telemark, Townhouses at St Augustine Beach and Tennis Club, Stoneridge Resort (ID)
Flash! Wyndham owners no longer need to do update for gifts/discounts! They will be

Great news for us all!
According to Ms Nancy Seeley at the Wyndham Kona Sales office, Wyndham owners can go online and download coupons for ALL the discounts. They do not need to attend the presentation!!!!

WOW!! We need to pass on this information!

I found this out when I went with our guest last May who signed up for the presentation, to get the discounts.

She
1. Has never ever had anyone come and say they came for the discount. Everyone that she has talked to in 4 years came WANTING to buy more points.
2. Has never ever shown the presentation before to a non-owner. She has only talked to owners. Wyndham, she said, does not solicit outsiders, and only talks to owners.
3. Said that there were no fees to be concerned about. Everyone is GIVEN bonus points to become VIP so there are no extra fees.
4. Did not share any prices with my friend and then said he had a closed mind and wouldn’t buy.
5. Did not try to sell me, an exchanger, the Wyndham program, and then said I was there to make sure my friend did NOT buy. Boy, did that make HIM mad!
6. Only knew about Hawaiian properties. Could not tell about new mainland properties, e.g. Smoky Mts Lodge; just said, Wyndham is always building new properties.
7. Discounted my friend’s recent transition concerns, (wife died, trying to get rid of his rental properties) so he couldn’t buy now, maybe later, he said. Her answer?
A. “Hawaii will be sold out in 3-4 months so there is no way you could buy later.”
B. “You are in Hawaii now so don’t tell me you have problems.” I tried to say he joined me and my husband for a special time but she kept saying if he could afford to come to Hawaii, he didn’t have any problems to prevent him from buying.

I certainly thought that was rude, especially coming from the TOP salesman for many years (according to her!)

After she left us, we got the next man who started a survey on our presentation experience. There were about 10 questions. He asked if she had shared prices. We had to say NO, 3 times, he was so surprised. He then stopped the survey and covered up the paper with the other questions (which I was reading upside down) and starting sharing the Discovery Program. Well, if there will be no more Hawaiian resort units available to buy next year (as Nancy said), how could the Discovery Program allow my friend to buy later at the same prices… etc….??

Well, friends at KHV, Parking Pass desk clerks need to know this: Nancy Seeley says you don’t have to attend the presentation to get the gifts and discounts! Let’s start passing her name around! Let's even tell other salesmen what she said...see if they confirm her lies.

Joan

Kona Lovers

TUG Member
Reaction score
Of all the presentations we've been to, Wyndham's was by far the worst.

Marty

nazclk

TUG Member
Reaction score
Time

Just do what I did at Shell last year. If they ask you why you are there, just tell them that a friend of yours wants to sell you one, and you wanted to compare prices. I was out in 15 minutes.