• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

362K Negative Point Adjustment by Wyndham

johnstonga

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have received Three recent emails from Wyndham which notified me they accidental over-credited my account* by 362K points in Dec and Jan when I was doing my end of year 'housekeeping' transactions including cancelling/booking some reservations and sweeping points into credit pools.

* In typical 'Wyndham speak' it took me a while to interpret
what they were saying since they talked about "adding" points
to my account, rather than "subtracting" which was the net effect​

Has anyone had a similar experience with such adjustments?

Also since the end of "cancelled reservation points" I have been credit pooling almost all my points.
When I cancel a reservation, I often find the cancelled pool points do not return to the pool from which they came... usually ending back as a 'regular' points with a standard use year end date. *
I call Wyndham and they 'fix' it ---- and maybe that adds to the confusion in my account.

* Given the recent changes, I have kept much better track
of my points activities since December because I was taking
a new voyage into 'uncertain waters'. I'd have noticed a
362K point discrepancy in my 2Million point account ...
.. esp since I spent time 'reconciling' a couple of
discrepancies of much less than 100K.​

Has anyone had similar experience with 'cancelled points' being credited to the wrong use year or credit pool?

Once I have feedback, I intend to call the special, dedicated 800# on the 'adjustment emails'.

If they've set up a special 800# --- they gotta be doing a lot of 'adjustments'

Thanks
GAJ

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I ,,,,,, call the special, dedicated 800# on the 'adjustment emails'.

If they've set up a special 800# --- they gotta be doing a lot of 'adjustments'

Thanks
GAJ

I have another word which might define what they are doing 'better'.

And if that is the NEW name for the group 'managing' overlapping reservations inside the 14 day window ... be prepare for the worst ATTITUDE ever that I have witness from ANY Wyndham employee .. including the sales staff.

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
I received an adjustment email, too.

I send all my Wyndham communications to a separate email adress that I don't monitor. It's available if I need to go look up something, but we get so much junk from them that I typically don't look on a daily basis.

So.. first I want to thank you for posting.

Yikes! There is no way, for me, to go back and know what happened.

My adjustments are from 4 days, the oldest going back to 11/26 of last year. Total adjustment 198,550 points(4 days -- 11/26, 1/13, 1/25, 1/26)

At one time I tried tracking my points. I do so many cancel/rebooks that I simply don't have the time. I monitored for awhile after the change to cancelled points was implemented. But once I got comfortable it was working pretty much as it should, I stopped. I simply don't have the time and their tools are oh so lacking.

It is possible for them to provide a real time balance of our points and there is no excuse for them not to do so. For them to adjust something almost 6 months old is just absurd. That's what I'll be telling them.

I also don't think I've seen points return to the proper buckets but haven't had time to chase that down. I thought I had credit pooled all my points so I wouldn't have to worry about them for a few years, but I'm back to having some expire in September. Last night I cancelled a reseration and got some Dec 2016 use year points -- I don't have Dec use year.

I will be starting to track my points again. Obviously I have to do better. Things like grandbabies and kids getting married took over my life :)

Again, thanks for posting!

Sandi

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ive gotten several such emails

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
I received e-mails about this for two of my accounts. I figure they are correct but no way to know. I saved the e-mails but no plans to follow up.

I am glad I am not the only one.

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have also received the emails, and I asked that they send me the documentation to support the claim.

The adjustment emails don't identify specific reservations, only the date and number of points involved, so it will take some time to sift through to verify.

I would guess these adjustments are correct but want to verify for myself.

I also had a number of issues associated with credit pooled points versus regular use year points; I had to make daily calls to get the points moved back to where they belonged.

vice

TUG Member
Reaction score
What is the subject line of the email Wyndham sent regarding points adjustment? How are they "correcting" their mistake? What if no points are currently available to correct their mistake, are they cancelling reservations to get points available that can then be deducted to correct the account to the proper point balance?

north

TUG Member
Reaction score
I cancelled a reservation made with credit pool points expiring in 2019, and the points returned as regular use year points expiring in 2016! I never know which use year the points end up in when I cancel.

I wonder how many regular points I will end up with when I have finalized the summer vacation upgrades.

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Me too.
I've received two of the "adjustment emails" so far with the last one coming seven days ago. My points balance was over what I believe it should be. The problem is the points "taken" by Wyndham are next years points. And the error they made gave me too many points ending December 2015. I ended up putting them in RCI as opposed to letting them expire. So...now I have chunks of missing 2017 points and nearly worthless RCI points. As I have no way to audit this I have no idea how to proceed. But I have cancelled a bunch of upcoming reservations to have points inventory available if they do another unannounced "adjustment." I'm officially fed up with the Wyndham business model which is apparently made of equal parts ignorance and arrogance.

Any suggestions? Class action?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
What is the subject line of the email Wyndham sent regarding points adjustment? How are they "correcting" their mistake? What if no points are currently available to correct their mistake, are they cancelling reservations to get points available that can then be deducted to correct the account to the proper point balance?

Here is what mine was:
CLUB WYNDHAM Plus Account Adjustment

Wes.

NHTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
My adjustment was 432,940 They took what remained in my 2017 (had not credit pooled them yet) and the remaining from my 2018 allotment.

johnstonga

TUG Member
Reaction score
Surprise Update & Thanks for the commentary (TUGgers are Great)

Thanks to everyone who has added their comments ....

My intent was to call the special 800# to get Wyndham to send me an accounting print out ....
.... then this AM my available point balance had multiple 100K points MORE than I expected !! So maybe I got my 362K points back?????

That's better than having points 'disappear' ... but what I really want is 'STABILITY'.

So I think I'll wait another week before calling Wyndham. Who knows what could happen next.

GAJ

PS>> all of the "new" points appeared with a use year end date of 12.31.16 even though it's likely most of any 'restored' points should have gone back into credit pools ending in 2017 and 2018.

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
It's a mess. I now have way too many points that expire June 30. More points than I own. It's making me nervous. What happens if those points expire? Will they then take my remaining 2018 points. Do I dare call in and flag my account? What if I've used more points than I own?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Are they trying to make mega-renting more difficult by making it practically impossible to track and manage one's own points pro-actively?

This is ridiculous. Makes me happy I'm not a Wyndham owner.

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
What other timeshare company do you suggest? We travel with large groups three times a year - usually to Orlando, NYC, and spring break on a Florida beach. Last year we used twelve rooms at Bonnet Creek over Thanksgiving. I know the Wyndham system and enjoy the resorts, but I'm tired of the games.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
It's a mess. I now have way too many points that expire June 30. More points than I own. It's making me nervous. What happens if those points expire? Will they then take my remaining 2018 points. Do I dare call in and flag my account? What if I've used more points than I own?

You can always deposit into RCI or II (II if you are VIP). Not sure if that is even an option for you.

NHTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I decided to call Wyndham. In talking with the lady I got, sounds like most people who did a cancellation in November and December received the letter because they had extra points in their accounts.

I asked why points in my account were dropping into 2016 when I credit pooled all my 2016 points. She said they should have gone to the pool and moved them over.