• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Zip line and parasailing recommendation for Maui?

luv_maui

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thinking about zip lining for our high school kids when we go to Maui in December. Any recommended zip lines and/or parasailing recommendations?

LisaRex

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Used to own: WKORV-N; SVV - Bella
We used Skyline Eco-Adventures in Haleakala for ziplining. Loved it.

I have never parasailed in Maui. Doubt I ever would with the fierce winds they experience there.

BJRSanDiego

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sands of Kahana, Desert Springs I, DSV2, Shadow Ridge Enclaves Dlx
I loved parasailing

I've gone parasailing a couple of times. IIRC we used UFO parasailing out of Lahaina. They also go out from Kaanapali beach. It was an absolute blast.

Another poster mentioned winds. That is probably an important consideration of which I was previously ignorant. :doh: If it is windy, maybe that would be a good day to skip the parasailing. But both times that we went parasailing, it wasn't windy and it was a great ride. I think that we were airborne for 10 minutes and with 1000 feet of line. Wahoo! :banana:

Eagle7304

TUG Member
Reaction score
We did the Piiholo Ranch zipline in February with 6 of us in the group. We are ready to do it again!!! We did the 4 line zip...and wish we would have done the 5 line. The last line is almost a 1/2 mile long..Very friendly, and patient. One of the gals in our group had a fear of heights and took some coaching. But the guides were so patient and supportive!!! Beautiful area!!!

bobmcgraw

TUG Member
Reaction score
We've done the 5 line zip at Piiholo and it was fantastic. My youngest son, who wasn't planning to go due to fear, decided to go at the last minute and they accommodated him and made him feel very comfortable.

We have used UFO parasailing three or four times and only go back to them. They are great.

luv_maui

TUG Member
Reaction score
We've done the 5 line zip at Piiholo and it was fantastic. My youngest son, who wasn't planning to go due to fear, decided to go at the last minute and they accommodated him and made him feel very comfortable.

We have used UFO parasailing three or four times and only go back to them. They are great.

Thanks for the suggestion. I like their website information. It seems, however, they only operate May thru early December. Does anyone operate parasailing during XMAS or even spring break (March)?

rudy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Barony, Ocean Point, KoOlina, Surfwatch
I don't believe there is any parasailing after the whales arrive in Maui. We have only parasailed during the summer months. We did a wonderful ziplining trip at the Kapalua Adventures--we did the four line tour and would do it again. It is great for all ages! Oceanviews.

bobmcgraw

TUG Member
Reaction score
Rudy is correct. The parasailing season is only when the humpback whales are not in Hawaiian waters. The whales are in Hawaii during the winter/early spring months.