• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Free Riviera Beach and Spa, Capistrano Beach, CA EOY-odd Prime

Troydana

Reaction score
This is a 2 Br, 2 BA unit. It is a prime floating week with great trade value! I have paid 2015 MF, and will pay closing costs.
Yearly maintenance fees - $481
For pictures and resort info, visit https://www.diamondresorts.com/Riviera-Beach-and-Spa-Resort

Orange County’s best kept secret, Capistrano Beach boasts iconic California sunshine, beautiful rolling hills, a seemingly endless coastline and a symphony of rolling waves. A peaceful coastal retreat, this quaint little beach town offers a friendly atmosphere away from all the bustling California tourist distractions. Discover charming shops, cultural art museums, and marine activities—or dine by the sea. Venture further and explore Newport Pier, Fashion Island and Laguna Beach.

A beachside haven, Riviera Beach & Spa Resort is located on the southern end of Dana Point. With stunning views of the ocean, this relaxing hideaway features spacious living arrangements with classic seaside appointments and furnishings. Delight in the comfort of your room, or take advantage of the resort-style amenities located on site, including a sauna, spa, fitness center and pool overlooking the white sandy shores of Capistrano Beach.

Last edited:

itradehilton

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is this a deeded unit or points? Are the 2015 points available? Do you already have a week booked for this year.

Troydana

Reaction score
It is a deeded week. I have always used Interval International to trade this unit. It does not have any points associated with it. I always reserve a high-value trade week to deposit with II. I have always been given prime time weeks for trade. You have 2 years to use your deposited week for an exchange. Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Last edited:

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
Since this is an odd year, I will be receiving a form soon to either request my usage week or to submit for a trade.

We are already 1/3 through 2015 already so curious as to this comment. I would think that all the prime weeks (summer) would be long gone. Or would this be for 2017?

VegasBella

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Inn
Avenue Plaza
Riviera Beach & Spa
Aquamarine Villas
Is this a "sunset prime unit" with an ocean view?

Did I understand correctly that the use years are odd years? So what week do you have reserved for this year?

I am every-other-year owner there for even years. If your unit is like mine but for odd years then I'm potentially interested.

VegasBella

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Inn
Avenue Plaza
Riviera Beach & Spa
Aquamarine Villas
We are already 1/3 through 2015 already so curious as to this comment. I would think that all the prime weeks (summer) would be long gone. Or would this be for 2017?
The legacy owners at Riviera reserve their week in the early portion of their use year. To get the best week for this year, they should have requested in February this year. They make 3 choices and get one of those choices. Right now is about the time they'd get confirmation for which week they got. Soooo... if the OP is just now making his request then he's unlikely to get a fantastic week.

Troydana

Reaction score
It is a two bedroom two bath Oceanview suite, Sunset plan – Prime season.

Here are some examples of where I have traded my week for:
Lake Tahoe Vacation Resort in January
Hyatt High Sierra Lodge in January
Williamsburg Plantation
Marriotts Harbour Lake
InnSeason Resorts - Pollard Brook
Marriott's OceanWatch Villas at Grand Dunes
Westgate Tower Center in Orlando
Vistana's Beach Club
Marriott's Willow Ridge Lodge in Branson

Thank you for your questions and comments!

Last edited:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Because availability is limited, it's a good idea to reserve a prime week now. If you wait, there may be nothing left. Far better to make a good reservation now, even if you have to change it later, than to be shut out.

b2bailey

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
TroyDana -- I replied to your private message. Thank you, Bonnie

Bill4728

Reaction score
As a former owner at Riviera Beach and spa there are a couple things which need to be clarified.

I believe that all owners from the very beginning are in points. We had 111 pts which allowed us to make a reservation in high season (non summer) in a 1 bd ocean view or 2 bd non ocean view. (144 pts would be a 2 bd summer ocean view week)

When DRI took over they change the way people made reservations, changed the scale of the points owned ( 1 pt became 60 DRI pts) AND they changed the way that you traded with II.

Trading: Instead of reserving a week and depositing that week in II, You got use of the points and made reservations in II using your pts. We found that the 6600 DRI points got us about 2 really good trades . We got a 2 bd at the Marriott in Kauai for 3500 and a 1 bd at Club Intrawest whistler in Jan for 2500 pts

Troydana

Reaction score
I purchased this deeded week at Riviera Beach and Spa in 1992. This is the only timeshare I have ever owned. I have never been assigned or used any points. I have always deposited and exchanged my week for another resort through Interval International.

I spoke with Interval International and Diamond Resorts owner's office today. I can still reserve and deposit my week as I always have.

VegasBella

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Inn
Avenue Plaza
Riviera Beach & Spa
Aquamarine Villas
Mine's deeded too. Not points.

cgeidl

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Same with ours.

No points but we can either request a one or two bedroom unit. We find the two bedroom rather small and have never been given an ocean view for a two bedroom but always get one with a one bedroom. Get very good trades several Marriott's and the Westin Kierland several times. We always get a two bedroom for trade and a one bedroom to use for ourselves unless we have friends coming.

VegasBella

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Inn
Avenue Plaza
Riviera Beach & Spa
Aquamarine Villas
No points but we can either request a one or two bedroom unit. We find the two bedroom rather small and have never been given an ocean view for a two bedroom but always get one with a one bedroom. Get very good trades several Marriott's and the Westin Kierland several times. We always get a two bedroom for trade and a one bedroom to use for ourselves unless we have friends coming.

I believe you own a Seabreaze unit. That ownership gives you either an ocean-view 1 bedroom or a non-oceanview 2 bedroom.

source: http://tugbbs.com/forums/showpost.php?p=534121&postcount=7