• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Bonnet Creek check in/out question

dis5150

TUG Member
Reaction score
My family has decided to do a group vacation to Bonnet Creek in September. We will all be meeting there, from different parts of the country. My DH and I will be driving and may be the last to arrive. Is it possible to add names from the other two groups when I reserve, so they can check in before us? Or will I have to pay to do this? My other question is do my DH or I need to be there the final day of check out? My DD and her fiance may want to stay a day longer and I didn't know if this would be allowed, without us there. I really don't want to pay extra, so if anyone can give me some ideas I would appreciate it. I will be reserving today. I did call yesterday and confirmed that there is plenty of availability for a 3 bdrm deluxe for the weekend we are wanting to book. Thanks in advance!

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
If you will not be checking in, you usually need to get a guest certificate for the person who checks-in first.

Last edited:

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
If you have more than 1 unit booked, you will need to have them in different names - if you have 3 names on your account, choose a different name for each reservation as the unbound guest.

If you and spouse are the only 2 NAMES on the membership, you will have to USE a guest certificate for the reservations - 1 free per year and each additional (if NOT VIP anything) is $99 online or $129 via the phone. Or get there earlier ... would save you money?

The credit card on file (collected for the resort) on checkin is used for billing if there are charges to the room ... like at the Tiki Bar or damages. Last person out, just has to hand over the room key and get a record of WHAT might have been billed during the stay. DAMAGES are back billed - like when discovered by housekeeping - a surprise for you (or the cardholder) when the monthly credit card bill arrives.

If you are NEW to Wyndham World ... I was once new also .... I did several local trips to nearby resorts. By the time, I flew off for a true adventure, I knew the routine and was comfortable with my relatives watching me. It is almost like a hotel ... but bigger units and with ice machines in the freezer. Less hallway noise and more TV sets.

Last edited:

dis5150

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you have more than 1 unit booked, you will need to have them in different names - if you have 3 names on your account, choose a different name for each reservation as the unbound guest.

If you and spouse are the only 2 NAMES on the membership, you will have to USE a guest certificate for the reservations - 1 free per year and each additional (if NOT VIP anything) is $99 online or $129 via the phone. Or get there earlier ... would save you money?

The credit card on file (collected for the resort) on checkin is used for billing if there are charges to the room ... like at the Tiki Bar or damages. Last person out, just has to hand over the room key and get a record of WHAT might have been billed during the stay. DAMAGES are back billed - like when discovered by housekeeping - a surprise for you (or the cardholder) when the monthly credit card bill arrives.

If you are NEW to Wyndham World ... I was once new also .... I did several local trips to nearby resorts. By the time, I flew off for a true adventure, I knew the routine and was comfortable with my relatives watching me. It is almost like a hotel ... but bigger units and with ice machines in the freezer. Less hallway noise and more TV sets.

Thanks for the advice. I think we will just leave a day earlier and stop somewhere on the way down. We have a 15 hour drive! We are new, but we have the discovery package and can't use it until September so this will be our first time using the points.

Myxdvz

TUG Member
Reaction score
It's only important for the owner to be present on check-in, to avoid the guest cert fee.

For check out, the owner doesn't have to check out the unit, specially since you can just call to check out. Obviously, this either assumes you are charging all the bill to the credit card left on file, or you have no charges.

I have booked my girlfriends at a 3BR before and 1 of my girlfriends is leaving a day later. We just made sure all the check out routines are done and I told her to call the front desk as she leaves the door and leave the keys on the counter and it was fine. I also made sure she's clear on what time she needs to be gone (10 am usually at the latest).

I've never dropped by the front desk when checking out. I always just call to say we're leaving.

happyhopian

Reaction score
If you call down and talk to Janos the guest services manager or someone on his staff and explain the situation I am sure they can help. We have had similar instances where otehrs arrived before us and they were very accomodating. I just had to come by when I checked in to present my id and sign some documents. They are just like a hotel and are VERY helpful if you ask them.

dis5150

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you call down and talk to Janos the guest services manager or someone on his staff and explain the situation I am sure they can help. We have had similar instances where otehrs arrived before us and they were very accomodating. I just had to come by when I checked in to present my id and sign some documents. They are just like a hotel and are VERY helpful if you ask them.

Thank you very much! :)

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score

Be careful as that is against the guest confirmation policy. You may not always have such luck.

Also according to Wyndham you are stealing from other owners. I wish I was joking but that is how it was explained to me.

happyhopian

Reaction score
I agree with the person above, and I am sure that if the owner doesn't come by as they instructed me to do, they would charge the owner for a guest certificate or deduct one from their credit. The question was, what if a guest in the unit is arriving earlier than the owner or the owner is delayed but coming on the trip. I had this happen and they were very willing to assist, BUT had I tried to scam them by not showing up as they asked me to when I arrived, I am sure they would follow protocol and charge a certificate :)

Last edited:

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
The resort is not suppose to check in another person if the room is in someone elses name. How does the resort know the owner wants the other person to check in?

I do not agree with having to pay $129 if someone else is arriving before the owner but these are the rules Wyndham has blesses us with. Some of the owner care employees say these are the rules we owners asked for.

I agree with the person above, and I am sure that if the owner doesn't come by as they instructed me to do, they would charge the owner for a guest certificate or deduct one from their credit. The question was, what if a guest in the unit is arriving earlier than the owner or the owner is delayed but coming on the trip. I had this happen and they were very willing to assist, BUT had I tried to scam them by not showing up as they asked me to when I arrived, I am sure they would follow protocol and charge a certificate :)

happyhopian

Reaction score
The resort is not suppose to check in another person if the room is in someone elses name. How does the resort know the owner wants the other person to check in?

At this point I think you're just being disagreeable and/or not reading my posts. Maybe your experience was different and that's ok, all the OP will lose is the five minutes it might take to call and ask but I didn't say anything about calling owner care, I called the resort and talked with the guest services team very different (and much nicer) group of people. In answer to your question about how they know they owner wants that person to check in, the owner (me) called guest services and confirmed it was in fact me. I was stuck with a transportation issue which prevented me from arriving on time. They were very kind and helpful. I followed their directions and I didn't abuse their kindness. If you disagree with them doing this, call them and tell them so but there really is no reason to debate me or be grumpy about it working out this way for someone. Sorry if your experience was different yes I assume it can be luck of the draw but I would think it is always worth a call to explain the situation and see what they judge to be appropriate. Have a good nite ;)

Last edited:

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
At this point I think you're just being disagreeable and/or not reading my posts. Maybe your experience was different and that's ok, all the OP will lose is the five minutes it might take to call and ask but I didn't say anything about calling owner care, I called the resort and talked with the guest services team very different (and much nicer) group of people. In answer to your question about how they know they owner wants that person to check in, the owner (me) called guest services and confirmed it was in fact me. I was stuck with a transportation issue which prevented me from arriving on time. They were very kind and helpful. I followed their directions and I didn't abuse their kindness. If you disagree with them doing this, call them and tell them so but there really is no reason to debate me or be grumpy about it working out this way for someone. Sorry if your experience was different yes I assume it can be luck of the draw but I would think it is always worth a call to explain the situation and see what they judge to be appropriate. Have a good nite ;)

I am reading your posts and not trying to be disagreeable or grumpy. I am just saying it how it is. It is possible it worked for you once but the resorts are not suppose to add a guest name to a reservation unless they take a guest confirmation fee. Same with calling reservations. Wyndham takes pride in trying to collect as much money as possible from owners equally.

I have been told even a death would require a guest confirmation fee to be collected before the guest name can be updated.