• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

wyndham to rci points

mketravel

Reaction score
so we bought our wyndham points timeshare about a year and a half ago. when we bought it they gave us a decent amount of bonus points to use. since signing on we have been to a couple different resorts, seeing another one in march.

when we bought our package they gave us rci access.. i started looking into it today a little bit found some places i'd like to go, and the points needed to go arent that bad given rci gives you a full weeks access.. but you have to pay the exchange price of $209. so i started thinking about it, "is it worth it to use my wyndham points on an rci resort?" our usual vacations are only 3nights. cant stay too long gotta get back the jobs n kids..

3night in st. thomas via wyndham 35-45,000pts
7night in dominican republic via rci 55,000 + $200 *we'd probably only stay 4nights at most*

i guess im unfamiliar with how rci does things, i did see they do week based packaged and point based packages.. im guessing pricing is different for your options.. and with my wyndham access i guess i get to skate in on the points based system and have access to their inventory?? a little confused and dont want to un-necessarily spend points if i dont have too, but rci does tap a bigger inventory list.

any help or insight would be greatly appreciated..

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Since you brought from Wyndham directly ... go look for the Section call "Nightly Stays" ... those are RCI Points units - many over lap with RCI Week's exchanges (but not everything). There the bookings are "per night" with weekends having a HIGH nightly cost plus their is an exchange fee plus some resorts has a cleaning fee.

But you will be able to do long weekend stays at other resorts --- including some of the Wyndhams (why? As you could rent MORE points directly from the Mother Ship Wyndham.)

mketravel

Reaction score
thanks for the info..

is that function through wyndham or rci's website? im not seeing it on either. do see the last call function but i feel that would be more of last minute vacation..

markb53

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA
Panama City Beach
Worldmark
thanks for the info..

is that function through wyndham or rci's website? im not seeing it on either. do see the last call function but i feel that would be more of last minute vacation..

On the Wyndham website, go to the At your Service dropdown then choose Plus Partners. Then you can choose RCI Nightly Stays. There you will find the points chart for nightly stays plus the exchange fees for 1 to 7 nights. You will also find a list of the RCI resorts that do nightly stays (RCI Points resorts). There is also a link the the RCI portal. Once you go to the portal you will see everything not just the resorts that offer nightly stays. You can limit it to just the resorts that offer the nightly stays in RCI by looking to the right towards the bottom and see where it says length of stay and choose 1-6. Then you will see only resort that allow stays of 1 to 6 nights.
I have used the nightly stay feature of PlusParnters several times to stay a weekend at a resort a couple of hours away from where I live.

RCI also offers nightly stays for cash. Can't do it through the website, you have to call RCI. When I called and asked about it. I found there wasn't much available and the cost was pretty high. Better deal to find a last call for under $300 and just stay a few nights.