• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Sell My Timeshare Now - how not to provide good customer service

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I'm looking to do a rental. I need a specific week at a specific resort. I'm willing to rent for significantly more than the annual fees because the alternative is three hotel rooms, each of which by themselves will be more than what I'm ready to pay.

So I'm trolling the various timeshare listing sites looking for owners with that week. When I find someone who has that week on a fixed contract, I figure they're a good candidate to do a rental if an offer is made.

Apparently not at Sell My Timeshare Now. The rep there who handles sales apparently can't be bothered to pass a rental offer along to his client - he fobs me off on their "rental department".

This post is really directed at people who have been contacted by Sell My Timeshare Now and are being hit up for the huge upfront listing fee.

If you were to list your timeshare with them, don't you think you would like them to pass along any rental inquiries that might help defray your costs while you wait?

But, as has been often pointed out here, once these outfits have your listing fee they have little incentive to provide any additional service. Not only are you going to pay that listing fee, they're pretty much going to do as little as they can to help you out after they've collected your money.

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
On the topic of Sell My Timeshare Now...

This post is really directed at people who have been contacted by Sell My Timeshare Now and are being hit up for the huge upfront listing fee.

I recently stumbled upon a 2009 TUG thread regarding Sell My Timeshare Now.
The thread was initiated within this "Buying, Selling & Renting" forum on February 25, 2009.
The thread is entitled "Sell My Timeshare Now & Timeshare Broker Services -- Be Warned!"

The thread (collectively including 32 separate posts over a six month time period) was initiated by user "Timeshare Guy", who very openly and quite convincingly claimed to be "a former SMTN insider".
It's a lengthy (but very detailed and quite interesting) expose, which pulls no punches and "names names" regarding this company's unprincipled principals and their questionable business practices.

If you read through the entire thread, be advised in advance that you might experience a sudden, inexplicable urge to promptly take a long, hot shower --- with lots of soap! :eek:

Last edited:

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score