• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Rental [car] discounts needed for FL trip in November

billymach4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Please looking for help with a discount on a Florida car rental.

This is a 10 day rental in the Middle of November before Thanksgiving.
What is going on with Car Rentals in FL? Seems like they are all colluding to fix prices?

I found the following using Costco discount. I have been able to get much better rates in the past.
This time around the rates are much higher?

Any and all help would be appreciated.

Economy Car
Alamo $439
Avis $955
Budget 889

Compact Car
Alamo $439
Avis $942
Budget $879

Intermediate Car
Alamo $449.32
Avis $952
Budget $889

BocaBoy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Chateau
What are your dates? I just 5 minutes ago looked at Costco for November 12-22 and found several options for a little more than $300 for the 10 days. Not a great price, but much better than what you reported. I would book one of these (if the same for your dates) and then a week or so before the trip I would try to better it with Priceline's Name-Your -Own-Price feature.

Dori

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Check the Southwest airline site. Alamo and Budget have special codes. I have a 3 week rental in Orlando for the last two weeks of November and the first week in December for $550. I check every day for better rates.

Dori

Last edited:

hajjah

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott's Shadow Ridge Enclaves
Resort In Cocoa Beach, FL
We booked an Alamo rental with a two car upgrade (a Standard) for Thanksgiving in Orlando for $205. This is still pretty high, since I used the same discount code last month in Orlando for $99.00 total. Keep checking. Go back online Monday or Tuesday to see if the rates have changed. This is what I always do. Here is the code with Alamo for the 2 car upgrade:
AU4224FDC. I also added the Costco discount to both rentals. Oh, there are no standard rentals at MCO. You get a full size vehicle.

Last edited:

billymach4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Please looking for help with a discount on a Florida car rental.

This is a 10 day rental in the Middle of November before Thanksgiving.
What is going on with Car Rentals in FL? Seems like they are all colluding to fix prices?

I found the following using Costco discount. I have been able to get much better rates in the past.
This time around the rates are much higher?

Any and all help would be appreciated.

Economy Car
Alamo $439
Avis $955
Budget 889

Compact Car
Alamo $439
Avis $942
Budget $879

Intermediate Car
Alamo $449.32
Avis $952
Budget $889

I am looking at arriving in FLL on 11/14 and departing from PBI on 11/24.
I will keep on looking. The Car Rental game just never ends.:annoyed:

hajjah

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Keep checking daily for the rates to drop. I just looked on Alamo and the same Standard rental we have for Thanksgiving in Orlando at $204 total, is now $350.

Bob B

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Looks like the intermediate on Alamo is down to $389.

kalima

TUG Member
Reaction score
interesting

I have booked through Fox on the advice of another tugger....my rental is 13 days for around $448 or similar for a standard vehicle, Toyota Corrolla type...has anyone heard of them? They seem to be a lot less than the link in this thread that I just googled...is there a catch do you think? I am going in January so any advice is appreciated.TYI.

billymach4

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just checked on Costco. Rates went down since this morning as reported by Bob B.

I am at $365 with Costco for the moment. Would prefer to get under the $300 price point for an intermediate

billymach4

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have booked through Fox on the advice of another tugger....my rental is 13 days for around $448 or similar for a standard vehicle, Toyota Corrolla type...has anyone heard of them? They seem to be a lot less than the link in this thread that I just googled...is there a catch do you think? I am going in January so any advice is appreciated.TYI.

I would try Fox myself but I don't see them at PBI. I think you could do better with Costco. But $448 for 13 day is OK. I would like to see you get under $400.

kalima

TUG Member
Reaction score
shuttle

there is a shuttle at the airport to take you to the Fox rental place...I searched with Costco just now and prices were a lot higher....my price is for 2 weeks pretty much..I guess I will keep my reservation and check every now and then...the car I am supposed to get is a Toyota Corrolla...thank you for your reply I guess it is ok I just thought maybe it was too cheap:eek:

ronandjoan

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Telemark, Townhouses at St Augustine Beach and Tennis Club, Stoneridge Resort (ID)
Go to www.autoslash.com
They will research ongoing discounts for you , they're great

billymach4

TUG Member
Reaction score
there is a shuttle at the airport to take you to the Fox rental place...I searched with Costco just now and prices were a lot higher....my price is for 2 weeks pretty much..I guess I will keep my reservation and check every now and then...the car I am supposed to get is a Toyota Corrolla...thank you for your reply I guess it is ok I just thought maybe it was too cheap:eek:

I checked the FOX site and they don't have a location for PBI West Palm Beach. Oh well.

hajjah

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Anyone booking with Alamo in FL, check the rates now. I just went back online and the rates have gone down about $23.00. I rebooked a Standard car for Thanksgiving in Orlando for $181.00, including all taxes. My previous rate was $204.

Bob B

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Looks like a little lower rate on Budget with the Costco BCD # W852802 and coupon code MUGZ025. Give that a try and whatever car company you end up using, I'd strongly recommend joining their club. It might help you with avoiding lines at the counter.

hajjah

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
I just checked the Budget website with and without Costco. The rates for 11/27-12/4 in Orlando are $278 for a standard. I've booked with Alamo at a rate of $181, so far. Keep checking for lower rates until the day before your departure.

billymach4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for looking out for me. I have been checking daily and I am now at $339 for my rental. Getting closer to my price point.

Thanks.

Bob B

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Today it's down to $322 on Budget with those codes I mentioned. Don't you just love the car rental game? :whoopie:

Bob B

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Just re-checked and your mid-size would now be $293. I am checking for myself for a November rental so it's easy to check your dates as well. Use the BCD W852802 and coupon code MUGZ025

billymach4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just re-checked and your mid-size would now be $293. I am checking for myself for a November rental so it's easy to check your dates as well. Use the BCD W852802 and coupon code MUGZ025

Bob,

You are a great guy! Thanks for giving me the heads up on this game. By the way I am getting $310 for an mid-size/intermediate rental for my dates . I will still take it.

Just curious how you are able to get slightly better rates than me?

Thanks,

Bill

billymach4

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have done that in the past. I would prefer not to get locked in and prepay if not necessary. I still have some time.