• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Saw a new one today

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
I haven't seen this before, I wonder if anyone else has...

I checked for availability, and the day was crossed out, but a unit showed up. I thought I might not be able to book it, but I was. Has anyone seen this before? The day on the calendar was "white" with a cross through it, showing no availability - yet I was able to book a unit.

It was something I really needed to, so Christmas came a little early I guess.

comicbookman

TUG Member
Reaction score

I checked for availability, and the day was crossed out, but a unit showed up. I thought I might not be able to book it, but I was. Has anyone seen this before? The day on the calendar was "white" with a cross through it, showing no availability - yet I was able to book a unit.

I have seen that once or twice. I think it is similar to the cancel rebook woes. It seems that not all parts of the reservation system stay in absolute sync.

mistalong

TUG Member
Reaction score

Same thing happened to me this a.m. I booked it and moved on. As long as the green button was there, consider it booked!

rubbub

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've seen the opposite quite a bit, where the calendar shows green but a message states no units are available. I'm probably doing something wrong (like only Sun-Sun reservations is allowed for the period I'm reviewing).

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've seen the opposite quite a bit, where the calendar shows green but a message states no units are available. I'm probably doing something wrong (like only Sun-Sun reservations is allowed for the period I'm reviewing).

You're not doing anything wrong. It's the reservation system. I see that all the time. I had a good laugh with a VC the other day, as we could both see availability, but it wasn't bookable. (2 nights that were together, so can't be booked as single nights; but more than 3 months out so can't be booked yet as 2 nights). My question was, how did 2 nights out of the week get orphaned. I think the only way it could happen is to book a 4-night conforming reservation that creates a 1-night orphan at one end and the 2-niter at the front. The single night orphan can be booked, but the doublet can't.

In this way it would even be possible to have a very desirable weekend only reservation be blocked from being booked (if someone takes the Sun-Thursday reservation, orphans a Thursday night from a Fri-Fri week.)