• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Dates for Wyndham/RCI Points Exchange Chart

Goofy6294

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have the RCI membership that came with my Wyndham resale contract. So, when I log in to my Wyndham account, I can access the RCI exchange site through the "My Membership" tab, and see the points exchange chart. My question is, how can I view individual resorts to determine which season my proposed travel dates fall under? When I search for resorts in the RCI site, I seem to always get "Sorry, we did not find any results for your search criteria". Evidently I'm doing something wrong. Help!

Thanks

alexadeparis

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
You need to do a work around. It's not visible in the portal. Go ahead and open up another window without closing the Wyndham/RCI portal and go directly to RCI.com. DON'T attempt to sign in. Click on the upper right where it says "Resort Directory". Drill down to what resort you are looking at and click on it. Once you are on the resort page, click on the tab called "Resort Details". Then on the left hand side it will say "Season Information" with the colors and dates of the seasons.

Last edited:

spackler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Quarter House, Jean Lafitte House, Bali Hai
I've been trying to understand the differences in Wyndham points vs. RCI/Wyndham points as well, as they seem to have slightly different calendars when it comes to prime vs high vs value seasons.

Oftentimes the RCI side seems cheaper for Wyndham properties, but of course you have to cough up $209 as well. But if the difference is huge (like 100K points) it seems like it's worth it to deposit into RCI even if you're just going to book something that's easily available on the Club Wyndham side.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
It is a bit of a game. Sometimes things are cheaper in Wyndham directly, sometimes it is less total costs, existing points + RCI exchange fee, to book into a Wyndham via RCI. I look at both options to see which works best.

It depends how many points you have and have much extra cash you want to pay. If you are points rich but cash poor, wyndham might be a better option with more control over cancelling. If you are points poor, but cash rich, and don't wish to acquire more Wyndham points, then using RCI is a points stretching option.

Happy shopping, check them both ways...

Xcalibur

Reaction score
It is a bit of a game. Sometimes things are cheaper in Wyndham directly, sometimes it is less total costs, existing points + RCI exchange fee, to book into a Wyndham via RCI. I look at both options to see which works best.

It depends how many points you have and have much extra cash you want to pay. If you are points rich but cash poor, wyndham might be a better option with more control over cancelling. If you are points poor, but cash rich, and don't wish to acquire more Wyndham points, then using RCI is a points stretching option.

Happy shopping, check them both ways...

There is always research time for timeshares. Keep in mind the availability for RCI is usually less than Wyndham. Not always the case but your primary exchange will give you the most booking flexibility.

Goofy6294

TUG Member
Reaction score
You need to do a work around. It's not visible in the portal. Go ahead and open up another window without closing the Wyndham/RCI portal and go directly to RCI.com. DON'T attempt to sign in. Click on the upper right where it says "Resort Directory". Drill down to what resort you are looking at and click on it. Once you are on the resort page, click on the tab called "Resort Details". Then on the left hand side it will say "Season Information" with the colors and dates of the seasons.

I'm seeing what you're referring to, but it doesn't reference the points the same as the Wyndham/RCI External Exchange Points chart. The Resort Details page color codes the seasons, but exchange chart uses Quiet, Value, High & Prime. Am I overlooking something?

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
You will need to go to RCI via the Wyndham portal and simply search for the areas and dates that you're interested in. Even if the specific resort doesn't have availability at this time, the points remain constant among resorts at the same destination. For instance, when I've used RCI to exchange into DVC resorts, I've determined the points I need by searching other Orlando resorts for the week I want even before any DVC resorts were deposited. I will note that you can't count on the points remaining the same year to year.

Goofy6294

TUG Member
Reaction score
You will need to go to RCI via the Wyndham portal and simply search for the areas and dates that you're interested in. Even if the specific resort doesn't have availability at this time, the points remain constant among resorts at the same destination. For instance, when I've used RCI to exchange into DVC resorts, I've determined the points I need by searching other Orlando resorts for the week I want even before any DVC resorts were deposited. I will note that you can't count on the points remaining the same year to year.

Thanks so much for the explanation! You example is perfect since it's a DVC exchange I'm looking for. I set up the OGS months ago, but wasn't certain what the points requirements would be.

Last edited:

elleny76

Reaction score
OGS?

Hi Yall...what this means? .." I set up the OGS months ago" OGS? Hi , I am anew new new like we just got our timeshare last month Biennal so we have 150K this 2015 but not in 2016. Any advice please feel free. thanks:D

Chicagoshannon

TUG Member
Reaction score
OGS is ongoing search. It searches for a request you make before it is visible to everyone.

elleny76

Reaction score
Thanks CHICAGOSHANNON!..... Also I just bought(January) my resale from ebay and when I tried to click in RCI tab it says error+ I called Wyndham and they said its not set up yet and they will take care right away and will have to wait 1 week. THANK you Tug2! I get to check all these details before my time of using them...horray! if you have advices for a newbie... mostly with RCI and DVC please send me a note.. we usually book studios/1 bed . thanks :cheer: