• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

FREE 5,000 Diamond Resort International Points plus 2015 Fees paid

dri_dude

Reaction score
5,000 Annual Points
Diamond Resorts International
US Collection
2014 HOA Fee (paid thru the end of 2014). Fees are around 900 per year and 200 for The Club. The club is not available once ownership is transferred. Currently, I have banked 10,000 points available.
Owner will pay transfer fee of $250 plus $1000 money order (this should cover 2015 fees, but recepient may use the $1000 as he/she wishes)

Members of the US Collection are able to make reservations at any of these resorts 13 months in advance prior to the proposed check in date using their annual allotment of points.

Will provide proof that 2014 fees are paid.

LOVED using this timeshare, but now with family commitments, don't get out as much. Contact me & I will gladly give you any information. Serious buyers only. No scammers or professional timeshare purchasers will be entertained.

Resorts in US Collection:
•Cypress Point Resort & Villas, Orlando, FL
•Daytona Beach Regency, Daytona Beach, FL
•Mystic Dunes Resort and Golf, FL
•Grand Beach Resort, Orlando, FL
•Polynesian Isles I & IV, FL
•Desert Paradise Resort, Las Vegas, NV
•Polo Towers Villas and Suites, Las Vegas, NV
•Greensprings Vacation Resort, Williamsburg, VA
•Historic Powhatan Resort, Williamsburg, VA
•Dunes Village Resort, SC*
•Island Links Resort, Hilton Head, SC
•London Bridge Resort, Lake Havasu, AZ
•Ridge on Sedona Golf Resort, Sedona, AZ
•Sedona Springs Resort, Sedona, AZ
•Sedona Summit, Sedona, AZ
•Scottsdale Links Resort, Scottsdale, AZ
•Scottsdale Villa Mirage, Scottsdale, AZ
•Villas at Poco Diablo, Sedona, AZ
•Villas of Sedona, Sedona, AZ
•Desert Isle of Palm Springs, CA*
•Lake Tahoe Vacation Resort, Lake Tahoe, CA
•Marquis Villas, Palm Springs, CA
•Palm Canyon Resort & Spa, CA*
•Ridge Pointe Tahoe, Lake Tahoe, CA
•Riviera Beach Resort & Spa, CA*
•Riviera Shores Resort, CA*
•Rivera Oaks Resort & Racquet Club, CA*
•San Luis Bay Inn, Avila Beach, CA*
•Tahoe Beach and Ski Club, CA*
•Tahoe Seasons Resort in South Lake, CA*
•Villas de Santa Fe, Santa Fe, NM
•Suites at Fall Creek, Branson, MO
•Bent Creek Golf Village, Gatlinburg, TN
•Flamingo Beach Club and Villas, St. Maarten
•Royal Palm Beach Resort, St. Maarten

Last edited:

uscav8r

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
FWIW, you should probably post what the actual annual maintenance fee is.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

chellej

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
If the new member does not belong to the "club" how would they use the points?...Can all the resorts in your list be booked without belonging to the club?

kalima

TUG Member
Reaction score
Purchaser can use any resort in the collection in which it belongs. Cannot use resorts in The Club. Purchaser can also set up their own separate II account and could therefore exchange.

johnrsrq

TUG Member
Reaction score
are you sure of that last sentence?

Purchaser can use any resort in the collection in which it belongs. Cannot use resorts in The Club. Purchaser can also set up their own separate II account and could therefore exchange.

I think the points are only good for US collection as stated and have no ability to use II with them. I hope I am wrong and you are right.

kalima

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think the points are only good for US collection as stated and have no ability to use II with them. I hope I am wrong and you are right.

I have it in writing from Diamind but u definitely have to buy a separate II Account. Therefore u end up with two accounts with II.

tahoeJoe

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts in US Collection:

•Dunes Village Resort, SC*
•Desert Isle of Palm Springs, CA*
•Palm Canyon Resort & Spa, CA*
•Riviera Beach Resort & Spa, CA*
•Riviera Shores Resort, CA*
•Rivera Oaks Resort & Racquet Club, CA*
•San Luis Bay Inn, Avila Beach, CA*
•Tahoe Beach and Ski Club, CA*
•Tahoe Seasons Resort in South Lake, CA*

What do the asterisk mean after some of the resort names? Some have them some don't.

kalima

TUG Member
Reaction score
hmm

What do the asterisk mean after some of the resort names? Some have them some don't.

I am guessing they may be affiliates and not Diamond properties...if so then a new purchaser WILL NOT be able to use those...only the Diamond properties in the collection....I don't own in US Collection so not sure but you still have a lot of locations to pick from when buying this resale.

johnrsrq

TUG Member
Reaction score
I own in US collection resale and retail

I am guessing they may be affiliates and not Diamond properties...if so then a new purchaser WILL NOT be able to use those...only the Diamond properties in the collection....I don't own in US Collection so not sure but you still have a lot of locations to pick from when buying this resale.

The asterisk denotes not managed by DRI. They are in the US collection and can be used by a REGIONAL account or resale account of DRI"s points.

DRI told me that the Regional account that I have cannot be used in an II account even id it is separate. That info might be incorrect from the DRI rep.. I have seen somewhere on these threads of a $39 second II account fee, not sure if that applies here and also if I pay to have a second account will it be at the same level ie platinum II that I have on my Club account.

kalima

TUG Member
Reaction score
not sure

The asterisk denotes not managed by DRI. They are in the US collection and can be used by a REGIONAL account or resale account of DRI"s points.

DRI told me that the Regional account that I have cannot be used in an II account even id it is separate. That info might be incorrect from the DRI rep.. I have seen somewhere on these threads of a $39 second II account fee, not sure if that applies here and also if I pay to have a second account will it be at the same level ie platinum II that I have on my Club account.

I do not know the answer to that sorry. I only know that I was told in writing by a girl who checked with her supervisor-that to use resale points with II you can set up your own separate II account. I would imagine it would NOT be the same level as your other account though unless you pay extra to upgrade with II. I get pretty quick responses normally by sending a private facebook message to Diamond. I like it this way also as I then have it in writing:)

johnrsrq

TUG Member
Reaction score
well, just to clarify my current understanding

I do not know the answer to that sorry. I only know that I was told in writing by a girl who checked with her supervisor-that to use resale points with II you can set up your own separate II account. I would imagine it would NOT be the same level as your other account though unless you pay extra to upgrade with II. I get pretty quick responses normally by sending a private facebook message to Diamond. I like it this way also as I then have it in writing:)

I contacted Diamond via facebook. Diamond rep. verified over the phone contact from the FB inquiry that indeed a separate II account could be obtained for those REGIONAL account - not the the standard, silver, gold or platinum CLUB account but that had to be set directly with II. I called II. They said I would have to call special number which takes me back to Diamond.

doe a dear a female dear, well, next rep says II doesn't have an agreement on those points in regional and will not open separate account for such. His supervisor reaffirms this position and they instruct the FB rep for Diamond that the info she gave me was incorrect and will retrain her accordingly.

I'm just trying to learn these rules. It seems funny they accept timeshare points inside the club and can influence II not to accept DRI collection points outside of the club. Both are backed by real property intervals. Anyway, that's the rest of the story for now.

kalima

TUG Member
Reaction score
You are correct!

I contacted Diamond via facebook. Diamond rep. verified over the phone contact from the FB inquiry that indeed a separate II account could be obtained for those REGIONAL account - not the the standard, silver, gold or platinum CLUB account but that had to be set directly with II. I called II. They said I would have to call special number which takes me back to Diamond.

doe a dear a female dear, well, next rep says II doesn't have an agreement on those points in regional and will not open separate account for such. His supervisor reaffirms this position and they instruct the FB rep for Diamond that the info she gave me was incorrect and will retrain her accordingly.

I'm just trying to learn these rules. It seems funny they accept timeshare points inside the club and can influence II not to accept DRI collection points outside of the club. Both are backed by real property intervals. Anyway, that's the rest of the story for now.

Here is the final response from Diamond...I was previously mis-informed:

"I’ve just been educated that exchanging with Interval International (II) is a benefit that is only available to US/Hawaii/California Collection owners with full membership in THE Club® .

I truly apologize for the misinformation I previously gave you. I have shared this information with my direct supervisor and team so they we may better directly assist our members with these inquires in the future."