• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Quarter House, New Orleans, RCI vs II

Ron98GT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC (7k Hawaii), Marriott (2-Bdrm L/O), & RCI Points (80k Grand View)
Does anybody know, or is there a way to find out, how many QH TS's are in RCI and how many are in II?

Trying to figure out if I'm better off using my RCI Points to snag a 1-BDRM week in May, 2015 with an OGS, or if I should use a studio or 1-BDRM Marriott week in II and place an OGS?

Not even sure if I can snag anything this late. I've done a search in both II & RCI a number of times for all of 2105, not just May, and have never seen anything,

Ron98GT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Well, nobody has an answer, but when you go to the Quarter House website, they sure make a big deal about their RCI Gold Crown status, with no mention of II. So, I have an OGS going with RCI, for the 1st 3 weeks of June, their slow period: 50K RCI Points for a 2-BDRM, although I don't know how many 2-BDRMS's there are, so I may have to add/change the OGS to a 1-BDRM.

ausman

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would bet if you telephoned the resort Manager they would give you some indication that would be helpful. They would have to know how many are going into each because they would have to approve them.

While they may not be willing to give exact numbers, even a more go into X than Y response would be helpful. You never know, they may be even more helpful but you will never know unless you ask.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would bet if you telephoned the resort Manager they would give you some indication that would be helpful. They would have to know how many are going into each because they would have to approve them.

While they may not be willing to give exact numbers, even a more go into X than Y response would be helpful. You never know, they may be even more helpful but you will never know unless you ask.

Approving the status for the deposit does not mean that they notate which exchange company the unit was deposited into. They may be tracking it but when the owner initiates it they might be clicking approve and not notating.

Last edited:

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well, nobody has an answer, but when you go to the Quarter House website, they sure make a big deal about their RCI Gold Crown status, with no mention of II. So, I have an OGS going with RCI, for the 1st 3 weeks of June, their slow period: 50K RCI Points for a 2-BDRM, although I don't know how many 2-BDRMS's there are, so I may have to add/change the OGS to a 1-BDRM.

They have had a huge push to convert traditional weeks to II Points so II is not an afterthought. They also have a big internal exchange program as well as a good rental program. I doubt very many weeks go into either but I have seens 2BR's in II on occasion and there was even a Penthouse earlier in the year for the summer. This is the general breakdown summary of all the units at QH although no two units are alike and there are sub categories:

1BR - 58 units
2BR - 34
2BR L/O - 12 (or 24 1BR's)
Penthouse - 6
Efficiency L/O - 1 (or 2 Studios)

holdaer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Parc Soleil, a HGVC
Paradise, a HGVC
Quarter House Availability in RCI

Does anybody know, or is there a way to find out, how many QH TS's are in RCI and how many are in II?

Trying to figure out if I'm better off using my RCI Points to snag a 1-BDRM week in May, 2015 with an OGS, or if I should use a studio or 1-BDRM Marriott week in II and place an OGS?

Not even sure if I can snag anything this late. I've done a search in both II & RCI a number of times for all of 2105, not just May, and have never seen anything,

That's weird, because thru my HGVC RCI account, I see plenty of inventory available for June, July, August and September.

Free2Roam

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Quarter House, a handful of East Coast beach resorts
That's weird, because thru my HGVC RCI account, I see plenty of inventory available for June, July, August and September.
There is availability in Points inventory but not Weeks. Some dates show a week (or more) available, but it's still Points inventory.

I think probably a very slim chance of getting May 2015 at this point, but maybe still worth an ongoing search if you think you have enough trade power for it.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
There is availability in Points inventory but not Weeks. Some dates show a week (or more) available, but it's still Points inventory.

I think probably a very slim chance of getting May 2015 at this point, but maybe still worth an ongoing search if you think you have enough trade power for it.

QH is weird because they have inventory in so many places. RCI weeks, RCI Points, II weeks, II points (might be same bucket as II weeks), Internal Exchange, internally managed 3rd party exchanges, and the rental program.

Ron98GT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH is weird because they have inventory in so many places. RCI weeks, RCI Points, II weeks, II points (might be same bucket as II weeks), Internal Exchange, internally managed 3rd party exchanges, and the rental program.

That's what I noticed.

I gave up on the QH and added some more Marriott's to my II OGS Sunday nite. Tuesday morning I got confirmed reservations for a 2-BDRM at the Marriott Surf Club in Aruba for the last week of May, using my 1-BDRM L/O.

Immediately canceled my RCI Points OGS for the QH in NO.

Maybe I'll plan a little earlier and try the QH in May of 2016. Never been to NO and it's on our bucket list.

Thanks for the info everyboday.

Last edited: