• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Cabo Medano Beach

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
Looking for Tugger wisdom on resorts on the beach in Cabo.
Favorites, pros, cons, etc on Medano Beach.

Thanks in advance.

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
Looking for Tugger wisdom on resorts on the beach in Cabo.
Favorites, pros, cons, etc on Medano Beach.

Thanks in advance.

I love Hacienda Beach Club. It's right there, but at the same time feels quiet and secluded. The condos and well appointed and stunning, with views ranging from seeing part of the sea over the villas below you, to full on beachfront views.

Cons, not a timeshare, not a hotel, and rentals can run quite expensive, $3K-$4K a week for a 2-3 bedroom, and up from there.

Barring that, I'd look at ME Cabo and Pueblo Bonito Los Cabos for the combination of location and resort feel, though I haven't stayed at either. I can say that our condo at Hacienda Beach Club had one of the balconies overlooking Cabo Villas Beach Resort, and the place looks like a dump. I honestly pitied the victims I saw being walked down the corridors for their sales tours as I was out enjoying a cigar every morning.

timesharejunkie4

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Are you looking at timeshares only? If so, RCI or II?
Besides the previous mentions, Villa del Arco and Villa del Palmar are at the farthest end of Medano Beach. For rentals only, Villa L'Estancia is between the 2. VdA and VLE are more upscale and VdP is a 3 star resort but can be great for kids. I'm not sure if they still have any affiliation with RCI but they do with II.

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Inn
Are you looking at timeshares only? If so, RCI or II?
Besides the previous mentions, Villa del Arco and Villa del Palmar are at the farthest end of Medano Beach. For rentals only, Villa L'Estancia is between the 2. VdA and VLE are more upscale and VdP is a 3 star resort but can be great for kids. I'm not sure if they still have any affiliation with RCI but they do with II.
Looking at rentals and II. Looking for Christmas so not expecting a lot of inventory. Thanks in advance for suggestions & comments.

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
We have been owners at Pueblo Bonito Rose since 1998. Next door to the Rose is Pueblo Bonito Los Cabos (also known as the Blanco since it's a white building and the Rose is a pink building). We like the location since it's within fairly easy walking distance to town and it is safe to swim at the beach there. The PB resorts trade with RCI, however. You can probably find rentals there pretty easily.

Next to the Rose on the other side is Cascadas, which trades with II, I think. It has good reviews though I've never stayed there myself.

jules54

TUG Member
Reaction score
Cabo Villas Beach Resort is a great resort. It has 3 buildings. Even the older building has been refurbished and is nice. Not all of the rooms are oceanview, only rooms 4 floor and above.
If location is everything then this resort has everything as it is in the best location walkable to marina and downtown in just minutes.
OP did state he was looking for Christmas. That will be a difficult exchange to find. Within 59 day window might show up, but that is a long time to wait to book airfare during holiday time.

Casa Dorado Medano is very nice also. This is next door to Cabo Villas. You might consider rental.
I have been in Cabo 3 times for Christmas and New Years, but always stay where I own. Great time to be in the area.

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Inn
Thanks everyone! We got an exchange for Villa del Palmar for Christmas week, and hoping for other opportunities through e-plus. Either way, will be on the beach in Cabo for Christmas.

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
Cabo Villas Beach Resort is a great resort. It has 3 buildings. Even the older building has been refurbished and is nice. Not all of the rooms are oceanview, only rooms 4 floor and above.
If location is everything then this resort has everything as it is in the best location walkable to marina and downtown in just minutes.
OP did state he was looking for Christmas. That will be a difficult exchange to find. Within 59 day window might show up, but that is a long time to wait to book airfare during holiday time.

Casa Dorado Medano is very nice also. This is next door to Cabo Villas. You might consider rental.
I have been in Cabo 3 times for Christmas and New Years, but always stay where I own. Great time to be in the area.

I agree that the location of CVBC is ideal. Right on top of the busiest part of Medano Beach and indeed an easy walk to Marina or town. I saw the resort in June 2013. Has it been refurbished after that? If so, may be worth a look. If not, I wasn't impressed.