• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Royal Islander II Exchange Room assignment

mpook2002

TUG Member
Reaction score
i just got an II exchange into The Royal Islander. I've stayed at the Royal Sands two times before and had a great 4th floor view the first trade and an ocean front view the second time. I'm concerned this time because according to II the week relinquished was room 4223 and I've seen where it is on the second floor of the building on the resort map. Can anyone tell me what the view might be like from that room? Can you see the ocean from there? If not what are the odds of getting assigned a different room then the exchanged week. At Royal Sands my odds on the two prior trades were 50/50. Can you call room control ahead of time and make a request? Thanks!

Cruisin14fun

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Surfside Inn , The Quarterhouse, Marriotts Willow Ridge
Sorry I can't help with your question, but was just curious where you found a resort map? I've been looking for one, wanting to know the location of Unit 4721 at Royal Islander. I'm usually pretty good at google and for some reason I'm not finding one.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
At one point you were pretty much assured to get the room on the confirmation as the units are fixed week/fixed unit. You get the unit that was deposited barring any maintenance issues that would cause someone to need to be moved. For a while they were pushing somekind of points and flexible usage. I would think this would make it worse. If someone was doing an internal exchange with points and used enough points to get a better view, they could take the better view from an rci or II exchanger. I would expect to get the view listed or a worse view unless you are travelling during low season. It never hurts to ask and ask nicely and you might just get lucky.

Royal Islander unit map pdf

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
oops

copy and pasted the wrong one

Carta

TUG Member
Reaction score
Cruisin, based on the map, looks like you have a great oceanfront room. Enjoy!

This is NOT an ocean front room, but u are close to ocean....U can see pool and ocean; although a higher floor would be a better view of ocean....

Villa 4223::: Here's how #'s work.....First 2 numbers are building#..3rd number is "floor"...Last# is unit.....Hope this helps....

ps..... I would not change

Last edited:

mpook2002

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was responding to Cruisin who said they had 4721, that's an Oceanfront room.

I know my 4223 was close to the ocean, but wasn't sure if you could see the ocean from the second floor. Thanks for the info.

Carta

TUG Member
Reaction score

I know my 4223 was close to the ocean, but wasn't sure if you could see the ocean from the second floor. Thanks for the info.

Sorry; my bad.....And yes; 4721 is beachfront

esk444

TUG Member
Reaction score

I don't see why not. I don't think there are any obstructions between that room and the ocean. I guess you can call the resort to confirm, they'll probably know definitely.

Phillie

TUG Member
Reaction score
just returned from Royal Islander - wonderful stay

We had two rooms. They are the exact same ones which showed on the confirmation pdf from II. All rooms have an ocean view although the ones on the first floor it is minimal. One was the full two bedroom suite first floor ocean view (4312) and the other was the full kitchen side bedroom (4763) that was a beach front location. We had a wonderful magnificent stay. Our check in with Lilliana at the front desk was as smooth as silk and pleasant. One room was immediately ready and the other later but they were still able to put our luggage in right away even though they had not finished cleaning yet. Our housemaid, Paulina Gonzalez, had our room spotless each day. We had Cherry, the concierge, arrange a tour of Xplor, which is a must do. Hanging by the pool and walking the beach was great. Checkout again by Lilliana was just as easy and pleasant as the checkin. We would definitely go back again.

mpook2002

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks you all for the feedback. Interesting thing I see is that II Exchange history shows the unit number that was deposited, but there is no Unit number on the confirmation pdf from II. Has anyone else experienced the same thing?

mpook2002

TUG Member
Reaction score
Royal Islander II room assignment

FYI-Just returned from Cancun. I was assigned room 4243 which was not the room that was deposited. Even though it faced the restaurants, we still had a great 4th floor view of the ocean.

I asked how my room was assigned, and they stated it was the "best available" at the time I was checking in. Not sure how true that was as the resort did not seem crowded.

We had a great time despite the tropical storm that hit Cancun early in our week with torrential rain and thunderstorms that flooded the streets one evening.