• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

New TUG website preview!

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
its definitely on the to-do list (an app)...its just far beyond my expertise. probably have to find someone who does something like that to design it!

Just make sure you use a good (and optimized) responsive template and you'll be fine with tablets and phones.

Sent from my iPad

truth1ness

TUG Member
Reaction score
Looks very nice! Here's some feedback I had on my first impression.

The "Timeshare resorts" button and header should also say reviews "Timeshare Resorts & Reviews", imo. As a relative newcomer reviews are one of the big draws. Even as a member now my first thought looking at the home page was "where did the reviews section go" because it's only mentioned in the small text.

The edit/pencil button when viewing on of My Reviews doesn't work when I click on it.

The new photo browser is great!

Instead of a sidebar link for "Google Resort Map" perhaps just make the address on the main resort page linkable.

It's be nice to have the top menu items drop down and disappear by hovering the mouse over it instead of having to click it open and click it closed. The way they function feels slow and requires many more clicks than necessary. Clicking on the actual navigation itself should take you directly to the first item in the dropdown like it does on most sites.

And I mentioned this in a separate thread, it would be really nice to filter only II or RCI resorts when browsing resorts.

truth1ness

TUG Member
Reaction score
Also, it looks like the resort codes have been removed from the resorts browse list. That was really useful to have in list view.

truth1ness

TUG Member
Reaction score
I like that the Top II/RCI/etc lists now include many more than the top 10 each. The more the better, imo.

I don't like how every review is collapsed and needs to be clicked to expand it. This adds dozens of unnecessary clicks to each resort review page and adds no value.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
good feedback, ill see what we can do.

thank you.

truth1ness

TUG Member
Reaction score
Another big thing I just noticed, on the old site all the column headers could be clicked to sort by that column and that has been removed in the new site and clicking on them does nothing. Being able to sort by any of the columns was incredibly helpful and I really hope that gets put back in. This applies to both the marketplace pages as well as the classified and price history pages when looking at an individual resort review page.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
is now a "sort" button on the top right of all tables that allow you to choose how you want them displayed.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Truth1ness should not even be seeing reviews, unless they are currently open to non- members for website evaluation.

Jim

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
possible they just havent updated their bbs profile to reflect paid membership.

truth1ness

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ah, I see the sort now.

Yea, I haven't hooked up my bbs account yet, I just found the page explaining how.

Marcia3641

TUG Member
Reaction score
New site looks great:clap:, can't wait to view it on my iPad! I have a couple of comments/suggestions.

1. Is the only way to get back to the review home page is via the drop down at the top? I would recommend putting something on the page clickable to take you back to the resort/review homepage as a second option.

2. Is there a reason why some of the resorts names show up as' Villas at Banyan Bay, The' VS. 'The Villas at Banyan Bay'?

3. I noticed that my 'real' name vs my screen name is showing up on the review I wrote...YIKEES. And on some it's blank.

4. Wondering if there will ever be the option to search the resort reviews by ZIP CODE?

5. I don't see a legend that explains the symbols such as Gold Crown, unless I am missing it? And the symbols don't explain the designation when you hover over them.

6. What about considering an option to sort by Gold Crown, Premier, etc as two additional options in the sort drop down once you are in the review for that area, ie., USA - West|California?

7. It looks like some of the resorts without images have a blank image with the words 'resort image', is there a way to have it say something like 'no image available'?

8. I would recommend keeping the resort search bar on all of the pages.

9. Looks like 'browse resorts' and 'top tug resorts' take you to the same home page? Why the two separate choices in the drop down? Given the fact that you only have 4 options in the drop I would think it's not necessary.

Worked in marketing for 3 years and I've launched several websites platforms :D so forgive me for my pickiness :ignore:

Marcia3641

Last edited:

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
no problem with pickiness at all!

thank you for the feedback. per the "resort image" issue, its likely the image is missing or corrupt...i dont believe it would show that if there simply was no image available at all for the review. what resort?

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
New site looks great:clap:, can't wait to view it on my iPad! I have a couple of comments/suggestions.

1. Is the only way to get back to the review home page is via the drop down at the top? I would recommend putting something on the page clickable to take you back to the resort/review homepage as a second option.

2. Is there a reason why some of the resorts names show up as' Villas at Banyan Bay, The' VS. 'The Villas at Banyan Bay'?

3. I noticed that my 'real' name vs my screen name is showing up on the review I wrote...YIKEES. And on some it's blank.

4. Wondering if there will ever be the option to search the resort reviews by ZIP CODE?

5. I don't see a legend that explains the symbols such as Gold Crown, unless I am missing it? And the symbols don't explain the designation when you hover over them.

6. What about considering an option to sort by Gold Crown, Premier, etc as two additional options in the sort drop down once you are in the review for that area, ie., USA - West|California?

7. It looks like some of the resorts without images have a blank image with the words 'resort image', is there a way to have it say something like 'no image available'?

8. I would recommend keeping the resort search bar on all of the pages.

9. Looks like 'browse resorts' and 'top tug resorts' take you to the same home page? Why the two separate choices in the drop down? Given the fact that you only have 4 options in the drop I would think it's not necessary.

Worked in marketing for 3 years and I've launched several websites platforms :D so forgive me for my pickiness :ignore:

Marcia3641

implemented a number of changes based on this feedback, thank you again!

truth1ness

TUG Member
Reaction score

+1, I'd really like to filter the results to show just one exchange company.

I'd also like to see the Top resorts lists (Top Interval, Top RCI, etc) show more. Viewing just Orlando, for example, shows around 100 properties, so it doesn't make sense that viewing all of Intervals properties around the world only shows about 45.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
believe the "top" resorts queries only show those rated above 9.0

we can easily change that though...ill just make it return the top 100 resorts in those queries.