• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Three new reviews posted, 1 with pictures

Polly Metallic

Official TUG Pool Recruiter
TUG Member
Reaction score
I spent the last couple days since returning from Big Island/Maui writing reviews for TUG and TripAdvisor. The reviews just posted here.

Review 1: Kona Coast Phase 1, Hawaii. I uploaded a few photos since there has never been more than one very old photo and it seems hard to find pictures of phase 1. Photos incude the general grounds, main pool, the quiet pool located in phase 1, exterior of buildings, living room and kitchen, and view from our unit. I hope someone finds the photos helpful.

Review 2: Kahana Beach Resort, Maui

Review 3: Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Resort Villas, Maui

I love reading reviews, so here are my contributions for others who also love to read reviews. :hi:

MuranoJo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for doing that! Takes some time, but it's very much appreciated.
I enjoy seeing posters' photos as well. dougp26364 does an excellent job of this with his collection of t/s photos.

Last edited:

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
Great job, thank you!!

lmkucala

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for doing that! We're headed to Kahana Beach Resort at the end of January so always appreciate seeing more reviews for that. I'm curious did you specifically request a higher floor or did you just get the 11th floor! I know we will be calling them in advance regardless as we have two rooms booked (a 1BR and a Studio) so we are going to request if possible we get them next to each other.

Polly Metallic

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for doing that! We're headed to Kahana Beach Resort at the end of January so always appreciate seeing more reviews for that. I'm curious did you specifically request a higher floor or did you just get the 11th floor! I know we will be calling them in advance regardless as we have two rooms booked (a 1BR and a Studio) so we are going to request if possible we get them next to each other.

Yes, I phoned the main office for Consolidated resorts, or whatever they are called now, at about 30 days out, because I got no answer when I phoned the desk at the resort. Then about 10 days out I called and got the front desk and verified the reservation and the note of oceanfront, higher floor. Of course there's no guarantee they will honor the request but it worked for us.

lmkucala

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, I phoned the main office for Consolidated resorts, or whatever they are called now, at about 30 days out, because I got no answer when I phoned the desk at the resort. Then about 10 days out I called and got the front desk and verified the reservation and the note of oceanfront, higher floor. Of course there's no guarantee they will honor the request but it worked for us.

Sorry I should have asked in my first post but was also wondering if you liked the 11th floor or if you think it would have been better to be just a couple of floors lower to see the beach a bit better (reacting to your comment about the "cruise" view

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
I appreciated your review of Kahana Beach as well. We are staying in a 1 bedroom next August. We have a friend who owns there, and they love the view, and he told me for an exchange to try to get a 1 bedroom because the one bedrooms are on the corner, closest to the ocean.

Looking forward to our stay. We booked with Shell Points in II.

Polly Metallic

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sorry I should have asked in my first post but was also wondering if you liked the 11th floor or if you think it would have been better to be just a couple of floors lower to see the beach a bit better (reacting to your comment about the "cruise" view

I'm not sure how many floors lower you would need to be to see the beach. The beach isn't really wide and during our stay there were high tide warnings and the water came almost up to the porch that holds the cabanas. There are lots of photos on TripAdvisor. You may get a feel for height/views by looking through their photos. In any case, you probably want to ask for ocean front. Even the Oceanside views are nice, though. With Oceanside you'd definely see the beach but you'd have a lesser view of the ocean.

Polly Metallic

TUG Member
Reaction score
I appreciated your review of Kahana Beach as well. We are staying in a 1 bedroom next August. We have a friend who owns there, and they love the view, and he told me for an exchange to try to get a 1 bedroom because the one bedrooms are on the corner, closest to the ocean.

Looking forward to our stay. We booked with Shell Points in II.

I don't see how you can be closer to the ocean with the corner unit. I'm thinking the corner units look up the beach toward Sands of Kahana, but maybe one room or another has a front view as well. I had a building map with room locations but can't remember if I brought it home. I think the map may be available online via the resort website, too.