• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

inactive contract number

kennethglss

Reaction score
we finally got wyndham to accept our contract for transfer now they say it is an inactive contract what does this mean

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Are the mortgage and maintenance fees all current and paid up?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Did you get an email from them? Perhaps you can quote the pertinent sentence(s) here.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
So….. did they say that they would no longer accept it because it's "an inactive contract," or how it impacts your transfer? Or were they just saying that the deed is being transferred, and you no longer have access to usage?

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
they did not say i am new to this did not know what to ask

I know this can be frustrating, especially if you haven't dealt with it before.

Is the entity you purchased this from being helpful? You may have to get the reseller involved depending upon what the issue is.

The "inactive contract" message from Wyndham title can mean several things... 1) the original contract was used in an equity trade (I had a contract transfer fail for this reason and had to fight with the reseller to get the money back) 2) the contract was foreclosed upon (I had a contract transfer fail for this reason also) 3) Wyndham title has made a mistake (have this situation currently; received a "contract number is inactive" message for a contract that had already been transferred into my account, then suddenly "disappeared" - somehow it had gotten transferred by a different reseller to another buyer - they are trying to sort that one out).

Long story short, I think that message can mean several things, and if they don't have paperwork that officially can transfer you the ownership, you may not be able to get full disclosure from Wyndham directly - you may need to go back to the reseller. Which reseller did you buy it from?

kennethglss

Reaction score
i am dealing with Jena at in less time closing can not talk to her any more others in office says not to worry every thing is ok

Last edited:

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
i am dealing with Jena at in less time closing can not talk to her any more others in office says not to worry every thing is ok

Don't believe them. If Wyndham is saying it's an inactive and/or invalid contract, there may be a problem that will prevent it ever from transferring to you. And ILTC will never come back to you to say that - you will basically have to prove it.

I will PM you the latest contact info I have for ILTC, the person who has been most helpful to me. When you send a message, make sure to include everything that you heard from Wyndham regarding the contract number. It may be worth a second call to title services to see if you can get them to tell you why it's inactive/invalid. I'm assuming they said they had received the paperwork on the transfer?

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Not long ago we got paperwork from Wyndham indicating that during an audit they discovered they didn't transfer something out of my Dad's name (when he was trading-up some things with Wyndham directly (yes - developer sales)). Dad's transaction was over 10 years ago.

At our convenience, and with no follow up whatsoever from Wyndham, we took the paperwork that needed to be signed (and notarized) into a Wyndham office while we were vacationing, got it signed and sent back in to the title department.

Just saying, this is just one example of what I think could indefinitely hang up a transfer of title. I'm guessing some poor soul could wait forever for a transfer to complete, in this situation. Not the norm, I have things go through in less than 2 weeks. But if a mess is uncovered, who knows what might be going on.

I'm not sure if the title department will provide details or not, but I would definitely be calling them - with a contract number - and see what you information you might glean. If you don't like what the first person tells you, call back and try someone else. If you do like what the first person tells you, wish for the best.

kennethglss

Reaction score
Don't believe them. If Wyndham is saying it's an inactive and/or invalid contract, there may be a problem that will prevent it ever from transferring to you. And ILTC will never come back to you to say that - you will basically have to prove it.

well finally got a email from Jena the deed was deeded back to wyndham so it is an inactive contract thanks for advise

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
well finally got a email from Jena the deed was deeded back to wyndham so it is an inactive contract thanks for advise

Sorry to hear that but not surprised. Have you received a full refund yet?

lcml11

Reaction score

You may want to go through the proper state bar associations lawyer referral service. For a nominal fee, I think 10 dollars or so, a attorney in the field would look things over. If they sold you a contract that was already deeded back to Wyndham and the selling firm that took your money will not make good, there very well be an actionable case. Ask about if the do contingency fee cases.

Last edited:

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
You may want to go through the proper state bar associations layer referal service. Of a nominal fee, I think 10 dollars or so, a attorney in the field would look things over. If they sold you a contract that was already deeded back to Wyndham and the selling firm that took your money will not make good, there very well be an actionable case. Ask about if the do contingency fee cases.

I highly doubt it would come to that, if you need an escalation point I have one but I'm sure they'll make good on the refund. It's just frustrating when something like this happens because you wouldn't have pulled the trigger if you hadn't wanted it for the price you paid. Good luck and let me know if you need an escalation contact.

kennethglss

Reaction score
i got a tracking number today so the check is" in the mail" but i will let you know thanks for the offer may i ask what an escalation contact is

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I am lost in this thread - did the OP rescind?

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
NO ... he brought a contract with had a contract number (a deeded UDI points has a contract number). When it was sent to Wyndham, Wyndham title ID the contract number as "NOT GOOD". Wyndham would not recognized the ownership that had been recorded by the county.

WHY? The contract number had been returned, traded into Wyndham or foreclosed upon back into the Wyndham inventory. Hence, invalid contract.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Ahhhh….. That actually happened to me once, too! It had been foreclosed on. It was Wyndham - but weeks - not points.

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
i got a tracking number today so the check is" in the mail" but i will let you know thanks for the offer may i ask what an escalation contact is

Someone to whom you can escalate within that company if you need to. If you have a tracking number it sounds like you're all set, but just fyi, I've been told by them before that "the check is in the mail" and it never arrived. Then they "cut a new check" with tracking and sent it registered, which I did receive. If you do a search you'll see they have a somewhat spotty reputation here.

lcml11

Reaction score
I highly doubt it would come to that, if you need an escalation point I have one but I'm sure they'll make good on the refund. It's just frustrating when something like this happens because you wouldn't have pulled the trigger if you hadn't wanted it for the price you paid. Good luck and let me know if you need an escalation contact.

http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=214088

Interesting comments on the above thread. I wonder if Bigrob is through with his punishment yet.

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=214088

Interesting comments on the above thread. I wonder if Bigrob is through with his punishment yet.

Getting there. Still waiting on 2 to transfer, one from March, one from May/June. But I have been reimbursed for the failed transactions... just required lots of follow-up. I have had more than the usual number of transactions (not just with ILTC) so if my experience can help anyone else, I'm happy to assist.

lcml11

Reaction score
Getting there. Still waiting on 2 to transfer, one from March, one from May/June. But I have been reimbursed for the failed transactions... just required lots of follow-up. I have had more than the usual number of transactions (not just with ILTC) so if my experience can help anyone else, I'm happy to assist.

Oh well, I guess since you did not successfully complete the punishment phase with the wet noodle, you might need a re-do. It appears you are on the right track to learning the lesson.

Did you check the court house yet to make sure they took the offending deed out of your name? If not, you may run a risk that it will come back and haunt you or your estate one day. If they did not, then Wyndham might due up the paperwork at no charge to clear the burp on the title as it relates to that transaction. They would no doubt put their name on the new deed and want you and the seller to sign off.

I am not an attorney, however the thought occurred to me that taxes might be owed by the owner of record on top per their records. Or, so they might believe.

Last edited: