• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Mayan Sea Garden Nuevo

Zib

TUG Member
Reaction score
We'd like to book at Mayan Sea Garden in Nuevo in the fall. We'd like to go the last of Oct or in Nov. Someone told me they were closing the Sea Garden in Oct but they didn't know why? Does anyone know if this is true or not?
Is it for remodeling? Hope someone can tell me. We'd really like to stay there in Oct or Nov. Thenks

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I'll start by saying I am not a Mayan owner, but last Jan. at M.P. Mazatlán, they were saying that they were closing all the Sea Gardens, and turning them into Grand Mayan/Grand Luxxe or something. Maybe so, maybe not. Sales weasel's lips were moving so you never know.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Sea garden nv

I'll start by saying I am not a Mayan owner, but last Jan. at M.P. Mazatlán, they were saying that they were closing all the Sea Gardens, and turning them into Grand Mayan/Grand Luxxe or something. Maybe so, maybe not. Sales weasel's lips were moving so you never know.
Probably just sales BS - they have existing Sea Garden legacy owners that would have to be bumped up on the RTU chain . They are also currently selling a product called " The Collections " which has use stipulated as Sea Garden ,Mayan Palace , and Bliss (TUG thread fall 2015 )

The NV Sea Garden is separate ( toward NV - Marina ) by about 1200 feet and 5 non Vidanta condo buildings from the " big Neuvo property " so why build a GL there when all the other GL buildings and pools are at the other end of the resort near the Amica river side , and they have 5 or more GM buildings already on the complex .

I am sure TS sales at Mazatlan. would like them to add another building / brand to the Maz location since it only has SG and MP and has no open land - so a new building would require tearing down something ( stayed there in 2010 ) .

Vidanta's Mazatlan iproperty is currently their only location without a brand above Mayan Palace since Puerto Penasco got Grand Mayan's added in March 2015. I am sure that TS sales staff in Maz feel a little bit like they are the Pontiac - Olds - GMC small town GM dealer in 2004 .

( I am skipping MP PV since it has it's own special ambiance - and for those who want an up level brand - the Big Neuvo Vidanta resort location is about 4 K as the crow flies ( a little further by taxi since you need to go around the PV airport and it's runways) PS - there are legacy posts on TUG from about 7-8 yrs ago about the old then - " coming soon -Grand Mayan " sign on the marina side of the (then) Grupo Mayan Puerto Vallarta -Marina property- where there was once a Sea Garden that was damaged in the 1995 ( ?) earthquake and eventually torn down . I think they decided to spend elsewhere since that lot is still empty and NV has lots of GM.

Zib ,
When we stayed at the NV Sea Garden in Feb 2016 the manager( Rosa ) did tell me that they close due to occupancy levels in May / June - ,then open for peak summer when a lot of the vacationers are Mexican Nationals - and then close again after Labour Day until late October / early Nov . ( my memory of the open /close time frames)

This type of closure also happens to MP PV and MP NV for some of this time . Some is for renovation updates and some is for occupancy levels. I believe everyone gets sent to the Grand Mayan .
I know from your post last year you did not want that- due to the walking involved,

I will find the manager's card and PM you her email . She is a 15 + year Vidanta employee and really runs the SEA GARDEN NV to a top quality level . I am sure she can help give you the best time frame to book so that you arrive after they reopen .

Last edited:

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
I know that the NV Sea Garden was closed in July 2013 when we were at the Grand Bliss and did not open again until November.

Actually, the Sea Garden in Nuevo is often closed from July - November. August, September and October are slow months there and they have 1000's of available units at the MP & GM on the main property. (They sometimes close entire floors or buildings there for maintenance & deep cleaning during these months when it is slower.) There have been times when the PV Marina MP has been closed for August, September, & October. The people who have reservations are upgraded to Grand Mayan in Nuevo. They can get a lot done with maintenance and deep cleaning when closed and everything is ready for the November - March rush.

Last edited:

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Hi all -
I am bumping this thread - to give a Sea Garden Nuevo Vallarta update .
We stayed (2nd visit ) Feb 2017

SEA GARDEN NV - WILL BE OPEN THIS MAY & JUNE (2017 ) - with no closing between the end of snowbird season and summer vacation season .
This was confirmed by the manager - Rosa . Her staff is happy for the additional work
- and will be happy to welcome all exchangers and Vidanta owners .

RCI - 6866 and 6867

PS -SG NV has very good trip adviser reviews and is a nice scale of about 200 units / one bedrooms and hotel rooms ( master suite ) There is no lock off format .
The one bedrooms have the Mayan Palace kitchen and are a similar layout , but with only one bathroom sink .
It has full Vidanta service - with daily full maid and towel service , as well as an evening turn down / chocolate kisses and towels if needed .
Seat fabric on the dining chairs was replaced since our last visit and staff maintenance of SG NV is at done at the high level seen at all Vidanta properties .

The wifi is free for basic / same as big Nuevo and your room key bracelet can be used to charge meals etc at big Nuevo .
We visited Santuario one evening and enjoyed the show & charged the appetizers & drinks to our SG unit .

The walk from SG lobby elevator to SG restaurant or pool area is easy and convenient - (one of the reasons Zib started this thread )
Beach is right in front of the pool and palapas & loungers are available on the beach .

Easy walk to Nuevo -marina area restaurants . OXXO convenience store is about 100 yds and buses stop across from there .
The SG also has a Sun Market where your wrist band /room key can be used & there is a Sandander bank machine there as well .

<Walk to Big Nuevo and Santuario is via the beach >

Last edited:

taffy19

Reaction score
We have never stayed here but we have had a few dinners there and loved the location. I like the size of the resort as you are close to the beach.

MuranoJo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the update, T-Dot. Sounds like a decent alternative to 'Big Nuevo' if need be (or if you just need an extra night or so), and the easier exit is a plus.

travs2

TUG Member
Reaction score
The Sea Garden in Nuevo is wonderful. You can just walk out and there is the beach.....if walking is difficult for anyone this place is perfect. It is much quieter but the karioke nights are fun and the restaurant is good. The best part of staying here is that you can walk to the bus stop or visit the local restaurants. There is a terrific market that they set up over near the marina on Saturdays with local fresh veggies and fruit as well as local venders selling their merchandise. Enjoy the great hospitality of a Mayan resort without all of the " transportation" hassle.

Zib

TUG Member
Reaction score
We did stay at Sea Gardens and really like it there. It was so easy to get around. While we were there, our friends from
Grand Mayan came over to see us. They had to leave G.M. in a taxi, travel back to the new entrance on the highway,
turn RIGHT and go all the way back to Puerto Vallarta to the closest turn around by Home Depot and come all the way back
to get to Sea Garden. A very LONG trip when we could have thrown a baseball from the Sea Garden and hit the Grand Mayan
from there! It was nice being so close to the pool. And it was great being so close to all the restaurants on the Marina. We
took the water taxi over to Paradise Shopping Center. We decided it was a good place for us, so we have booked it again for
Oct/Nov 2017. Everyone was so helpful and nice to us!