• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

SSR exchange vs owners---Cast Members Attitudes

icydog

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have only exchanged into Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort one time. But that was years ago. At that time I noticed a certain detachment toward me, as an exchanger, I didn't ever feel at any of the other Disney Vacation Club resorts. Of course I only exchanged to Disney's Villas at Wilderness Lodge and Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort. Any other time I am using Disney Vacation Club points.

For those that own and exchange--Do you notice a difference?

fluke

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have done both and have not seen any difference in treatment at the resorts.

Now dealing with owner services is completely different. Trying to change anything on an exchange reservation ( add names, etc) is really difficult.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have only exchanged into Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort one time. But that was years ago. At that time I noticed a certain detachment toward me, as an exchanger, I didn't ever feel at any of the other Disney Vacation Club resorts. Of course I only exchanged to Disney's Villas at Wilderness Lodge and Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort. Any other time I am using Disney Vacation Club points.

For those that own and exchange--Do you notice a difference?
I've been exchanging in for 15 years (maybe 50 villas or more) and never saw any differences in treatment at the resorts. There are differences when calling MS and for some of the perks even if a member. We've exchanged into all but the monorail resorts. Now with the new restrictions this could change. There are also some differences in just how things are managed due to the fact that Disney now requires you list everyone prior to arrival and the $95 extra fee.

littlestar

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club, Marriott & Wyndham pts
I have never noticed a difference. We actually have received better room locations at The Villas at Wilderness Lodge when we have exchanged in, but I have never requested any certain location so it must be a fluke.

icydog

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Okay this makes me feel better. Since Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort is the only resort on RCI I thought there might be a difference in attitude because they know the exchangers are not paying their salary. Well at least, not directly. I was afraid they would do or say something to my daughter that would embarrass her in front of her friends. This will be the first time she is not using my Disney Vacation Club points and I don't want her to be unhappy. There are actually 8 people going in two (1) bedroom villas. I hope they like the rooms because they cost me 68000 x2 RCI point plus $600 in fees to RCI.

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
I hope they like the rooms because they cost me 68000 x2 RCI point plus $600 in fees to RCI.

Still a great deal compared to the 200+ dvc points you would have used if booking direct.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
We exchanged into a Boardwalk Villas 2 bedroom several years ago, before magic bands, and I didn't call ahead to add all of our names because I didn't need to arrange ME. My stepdad and two stepsisters were staying with us, and they didn't get keys with the ability to stay for extra magic hours. I was pretty angry and decided exchangers are treated different by some cast members. That doesn't mean the entire resort of cast members treat people differently.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We exchanged into a Boardwalk Villas 2 bedroom several years ago, before magic bands, and I didn't call ahead to add all of our names because I didn't need to arrange ME. My stepdad and two stepsisters were staying with us, and they didn't get keys with the ability to stay for extra magic hours. I was pretty angry and decided exchangers are treated different by some cast members. That doesn't mean the entire resort of cast members treat people differently.
This is not a function of exchange vs owner but a function of they treat everyone this way. They could have added them at the time but it would have required rebooking the villa. They are very aggressive about making sure that everyone is booked up front.