• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Lake George in May 2008

tarob42

TUG Member
Reaction score
We have a week at the Lodges of Cresthaven from 5/18/08-5/25/08. After investigating more, it seems as if everything is still closed around that time of year. Most activities don't open until sometime in June. It's just my husband and myself going. It is still worth going that time of year? Thanks.

suenmike32

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MOW
Typically Lake George doesn't come alive until Memorial Day and, depending on the weather, a bit after that. Many business' will be in "fix-up" mode (getting ready for the onslaught of Lake George's famed "Americade". This is a bike rally that draws well over 10K bikers. I think its the first week in June this year.
Be sure to take one of the boat tours and kill a few hours cruising the length of the lake. It should be beautiful after the winter thaw. Visit "the Sagamore" for drinks or dinner also, its a beautiful part of Lk George history. Nice golf course too. Drive down to Saratoga (half hour away) and spend a day...its a nice little town. You could also go north to Lake Placid (about an hour and a half drive) and spend a day also.
Overall, May in the Adirondacks (unless you have a heat wave) can be quiet.
Mike

tashamen

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Embarc points (former Club Intrawest), Trapp Family Lodge
I wrote one of the reviews here - we went on Memorial Day week, and the weather was so bad, and most places closed that we went home several days early. We were two adults also, and hoped to do outdoor things like hiking, which just wasn't possible. But we also know the area so it wasn't exactly a sightseeing trip - if you haven't been to the area before I suppose you could fill up your time with daytrips. And the units are fantastic!

The swimming pool was closed when we were there - if that's important to you you may want to inquire if it will be open (and heated).

Jahosacat

Reaction score
It's a beautiful time of the year to drive thru the Adirondacks, prowl around Lake Placid, drive into Vermont, Saratoga Springs is another nice town to prowl, outlet mall near Lake George...

It's usually not swim in the lake weather, but, usually it's a nice time to hike

adkferrets

Reaction score
Great time of year

We've lived in the area for 10+ years and this can be a really great time of year, and it can be.... The downside, this is black fly season and the tail end of mud season, and it can get cold (we've seen snow on Memorial Day) Given the snow we've had this year, there will be a lot of runoff. But the positives are great - there are no crowds, the sightseeing is great, most restaurants will be open, and lots of places have 2 for 1 preseason discounts. The real season is Independence Day to Labor Day, so not even Memorial Day is 'peak'. I really recommend driving around the park - Lake Placid, Saranac Lake, even up to Montreal - no traffic worries at this time.

What are your interests? That can pinpoint some recommendations too