• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Reservations update coming

linsj

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
From the latest issue of Club Traveler: added features to the website coming soon:

* A modern design with a vibrant new look and feel
* Mobile and tablet capabilities
* A single booking engine (not requiring Flash)
* A more streamlined and efficient user experience

Reservations without Flash indicates it's not Revolution. But considering past performance, I'll be amazed if the single booking engine will be what we actually need.

Jason245

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
From the latest issue of Club Traveler: added features to the website coming soon:

* A modern design with a vibrant new look and feel
* Mobile and tablet capabilities
* A single booking engine (not requiring Flash)
* A more streamlined and efficient user experience

Reservations without Flash indicates it's not Revolution. But considering past performance, I'll be amazed if the single booking engine will be what we actually need.

The current booking engine is a mess...

I would just be happy if I could book ALL HGVC resorts through it rather then having to play the phone tag game and pay EXTRA fees.

alexadeparis

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
From the Q and A with the new club head Stan Soroka, he said this about the new website:

There is one particular development that I can share now. We are working on a new Club Member website that’s in development. The new website will be more stable while continuing to provide high security standards.

- See more at: http://clubtraveler.hgvclub.com/your-club/get-know-stan-Soroka

So it sounds like a new system, not based off older versions. Sounds also like they are well aware that their current systems stink.

Jason245

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
From the Q and A with the new club head Stan Soroka, he said this about the new website:

There is one particular development that I can share now. We are working on a new Club Member website that’s in development. The new website will be more stable while continuing to provide high security standards.

- See more at: http://clubtraveler.hgvclub.com/your-club/get-know-stan-Soroka

So it sounds like a new system, not based off older versions. Sounds also like they are well aware that their current systems stink.

I like how there is a subliminal positive paragraph about Japan and the Japanese people (one of HGVC target audience and customers).

Part of me feels bad for the new Japanese owners who are paying Retail for what we are buying resale. I don't believe there is a Japanese version of TUG, and these are the people that are probably buying the new Hawaii locations.

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
I like how there is a subliminal positive paragraph about Japan and the Japanese people (one of HGVC target audience and customers).

Part of me feels bad for the new Japanese owners who are paying Retail for what we are buying resale. I don't believe there is a Japanese version of TUG, and these are the people that are probably buying the new Hawaii locations.

I feel bad for them too...but, someone has to pay full price so someone else can buy resale :ignore:

hockeybrain

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just added points through Seth Nock's company and they had a resale buyer right away for me in Japan. So, the resale market in Japan does exist :p.

ThierryJapan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Waikikian , Lagoon Tower
Japan resale

I bought my lagoon tower resale from a Japanese. There are a lot of japanes owners who bought many years ago mostly in Hawaii and now are too old too travel . They tend to give attractive price to get rid asap