• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

HICV HIVC South Beach (Myrtle Beach)

Sandy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Greetings all,

I just arrived this evening. Of course, they tried to get me to the "update" but we were tired and just wanted to get into the room.

A few hours later, we ran into the same person who asked again. We stalled for a number of reasons. I have no trouble or hesitation going to the "updates" because I always find out some new information. Also, we have owned timeshares since before many of these sales folks have been alive!!:) No fear of buying from them. But we have friends and family arriving for different days during the week.

The reason for my post is if any other TUGGERS want me to ask any specific questions about this resort or the HIVC system in general, I would be happy to go to the presentation and post answers here. Just let me know.

One thing he mentioned was the new affiliations. Apparently, in addition to the Ron Jon resort, and the Williamsburg resort, HICV will be adding affiliations in Aruba, Bonaire, Austria, and somewhere else. Sorry for the faulty memory - :ponder::confused:

Just let me know.

Rehdaun

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for offering to endure HICV's high pressure sales for us TUGGERS Sandy! We would be interested in any new destinations that they might be acquiring.

As far as the Aruba, Bonaire, etc is concerned, the HICV portal has those up under Explore our Resorts / Direct Destinations. It would be nice to know more about Direct Destinations though. This is what it says on the portal:

Travel the world with Direct Destinations

Whether experiencing the beaches of the Caribbean or mountains of Austria, the beautiful villages of Italy or snow-capped peaks of Germany—once-in-a-lifetime memories can be found with Direct Destinations.

Through this special program, you can exchange your Club Points directly through the Club for stays in 7-night increments at select, non-member, international resorts.*

Contact the Club to learn more and make reservations.

*Based on availability. $99.00 transaction fee applies.

Last edited:

Sandy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sorry,

We did not attend the owner's update. My husband did not want to go this year, and as you know they would not "update" me without him. Ha!

Good news is that we did have great weather for most of the week. Only heavy rain two nights, which did not affect us much. This was a vast difference from the same week last year, where we were rained out 3 days out of 7.