• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

driving fl to obx

frankhi

TUG Member
Reaction score
We live in north fl and plan to drive (500 mi) to Atlantic Beach, NC (doubletree) on fri 8/15 and stay over. In the morning leave for the Cedar point ferry (res at 11:30 am). I think it's about 50 miles from Atlantic beach to CP. I'm thinking the ferry rides and travel will get us to OBB (outer banks beach club) around the 4 pm check in time. Does this seems like a good plan? Any input? Thanks

SailBadtheSinner

TUG Member
Reaction score
I put some travel times together from the NC ferry schedules and Google. The Cedar Island ferry is a little less than 50 miles from AB, but it is mostly 2 lane state roads. Allow yourself enough time to get there.

Travel times:
ferry - Cedar Island to Ocracoke Island: 2H 15M
ferry - Ocracoke Island to Hatteras: 0H 55M
Auto - Hatteras to OBBC, Kill Devil Hills: 1H 30M (about 67 miles)

Unknown:
Waiting time for Ocracoke Island to Hatteras ferry; ferries run every 15 -20 minutes. Saturday is a high usage day, expect a long wait.
Travel time from Hatteras to OBBC, Kill Devil Hills is given here without Saturday traffic. For about ¾ of the distance you will be traveling on Rte 12 which is a 2 lane state road which has a temporary bridge just north of Rodanthe.

Adding up the known travel times, you won't be getting there (OBBC) by 4PM, including time for the unknown, waiting time and Rte 12 travel time, my SWAG would be 6PM. And this does not include stopping for lunch anywhere.

SBtS

frankhi

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks, guess I'll do it in reverse.... drive to rocky mount fri, drive to obx sat and then drive/ferry to AB on the way home when time doesn't matter :)

Last edited: