• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

heading to Massunutten for July 5th week, info

carl2591

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Joined TUG '96, Wyndham Grand Palms AKA, Presidential Villas at Plantation Resort, 3 bed lockout.
heading to Mass on sat july 5th for the week and was wonder what the timeshare tours are offering as incentives now..

Last time (2009) I believe we got 4 activities pass's for touring and discount rate of the rest if we needed them.

dont really need to hear from the " what a waste of time crowd" just looking for current info

thanks

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I believe the check in incentive is 4 waterpark tickets, or 2 activity passes, there is a golf one but I don't remember how many rounds. The other is a Massanutten gift card but I can't remember if it was for $100 or $150. If you say no and they have extra space later in the week I think a $200 prepaid Visa is the highest they went up to.

Because of the driving expect a minimum of 2 hour-3 hours.

carl2591

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Joined TUG '96, Wyndham Grand Palms AKA, Presidential Villas at Plantation Resort, 3 bed lockout.
thanks that good to know for sure.. they do or did a nice breakfast and tour the property and it takes 2-3 hrs most times..

I usually let the sales person know about midway I am a big TUG person and ask if they know about it. The smart one have and are quick to admit and the not so smart ones may have and try to act like they are not aware.

I let them know we are looking for any new info coming down the pike on usage etc.. most of the time i know more than the sales person.

When they start the 'fixed weeks are going away and you should get in points' spill i let them know right quick that is a bold face lie (As i have heard that BS for the past 10yrs and still get weeks no problem,) rocking them back on the heels.. help to speed the process along.

need to get me a TUG t-shirt..

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
My sales guy and his manager were aware of TUG but instead of getting me out of it any quicker, I think it just took they exact same amount of time they would just leave me sitting at the table by myself while they went off to discuss thinks for 20-30 minutes at a time. And I didn't tell them I wasn't buying I made it clear that I was already an owner and if they showed me something that was too good to pass up I would buy it on the spot. So after the breakfast and the tour (which I didn't mind) I had about 20 minutes of talk at the table and 40 minutes of sitting at the table by myself broken up by quick visits from the sales guy. Then I was lead to the gifting place. Had to sit another 10 minutes waiting for the final -final guy which took 2 minutes and then I had to sit another 20 minutes while the real gift girl got my prepaid Visa ready. All of this while after the first 2 hours I kept insisting that I wanted to get back to my kids to go to the water park. I think my scheduled time was 9am and I had the card in my hand by 12:45pm.

The points they are offering for some of the units really are better than any other that I know of on the market and would really have resale value in the $4000-$5000 range. Problem is they want to sell it to you in the $30,000-40,000 range and when they start going any below $20,000 without a Massanutten trade in or $10,000 with a good massanutten trade it then they start slipping in points packages that wouldn't be worth $1000 on the resale.
They have units that will get you about 176,000 RCI points for $810 in MF's. Weeks at the grandview that get 98,000 points for $700 in mf go for around $2500 and the ones that get 144,000 for $700 go for around $3500-$4500.

carl2591

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
do they say how long the tour deal should take..?? most times its 90 min..
I want to ask them how long it should take and keep it to that time more or less..

I have a habit of getting up and strolling around if the sale guy leaves the table.

Just ordered me some tug logo t-shirts we will be wearing as well. Was hoping to find the one that said on back.. "ask me about timeshare resales" but could not find it on cafepress site.

pitterchi

Reaction score
do they say how long the tour deal should take..?? most times its 90 min..
I want to ask them how long it should take and keep it to that time more or less..

I have a habit of getting up and strolling around if the sale guy leaves the table.

Just ordered me some tug logo t-shirts we will be wearing as well. Was hoping to find the one that said on back.. "ask me about timeshare resales" but could not find it on cafepress site.

I think they told me 3 hours when I went. They'll drive you around the resort which takes up most of that time. I heard each sales person has the freedom to make the tour their own so it would probably depend on your sales person but you could always try to skip the driving tour and get to the "negotiations" right away which should speed things up for you.

Good luck!

carl2591

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
i was thinking i saw one on the tug stuff somewhere some years ago..

on the front was the tug palm tree logo, on rear was the TUG round logo and under it i think words likek

Ask me about TimeShare Resale!

i thought that was a great shirt.. too many shirts have logo on front which while large are not easy to read. the back is better for sure. ever seen a concert shirt with dates on front.. NO..

So Brian how do we or you go about getting a shirt on the site.. maybe have a contest for best design ??

Sandy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Has anyone ever been able to drive themselves around because they have been to the resort before? Or maybe they are staying in one of the newer units and don't really need to drive to see the same unit they are staying in. The driving around is intended to make you captive to their schedule, as we all know. I am thinking of a way around this...

Also, can't you just drive yourself to the sales center, and decline the chauffeured salesperson?

Just wondering.:ponder:

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Your sale person has hijack your message at the Massennutten resort on a three hours tour.

Sound like Gilligan Island from television. Remember Gilligan Island television show the show and the cast started on a three hours tour and that television show ran for over 5 years.

Last edited:

carl2591

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
so what is the deal with internet at the resort.. any wireless or wired in units or do you have to go to check in building or something like that.

thanks

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wireless internet in all the units. It's free. It's slow for streaming. Funny but you don't get any reception at the sales place.

carl2591

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
thanks for the update.. was thinking when we were there serveral years ago they were talking about having wireless through the property..

don't need to stream just check message for the business while gone, plus wife is doing a summer class at online school.

carl2591

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
update on gift for guest survey and tour of models and water park.

two complimentary activity cards.

or
$100 massanutten money.. (heard if you hold out they will go to $200 same value as activity cards.

or

total of 4 passes, one time use, at water park all day or 9 holes of golf.. equivalent to 2-18 hole rounds. now, it does not say where that includes cart fee.. my guess NOT..

the card they give you has some check boxes. I will include picture of appt card. if i can..

having fun in the mountains where it is quite cool today..

Patri

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score

Great idea. Their talking in the back room is BS. Let them get nervous what you are doing.