• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

newbie needs help with a trade

stout1out

Reaction score
Hello everyone I am a new timeshare owner and intervall registered user. I own a silver week at the marriott shadow ridge in Ps. I wanted to trade my 2015 first time use for next year. I put in a request for trade with II 4 days ago. I requested a 2 bedroom unit at marriott frenchmans cove in St thomas. I just got word tonight that my trade went through. I requested Sept first to Nov first. The week I got was October 23 to the 30th. My question is first off how is vi in october? Second is if I decide to turn down this trade and shoot for September what is the likely hood I will obtain it? I did such a broad time frame because I have heard that it's pretty hard to trade my timeshare for vi not sure how true that is. I really did not expect to hear anything so quickly. Should I pull the trigger on this trade or shoot for the days I really wanted to go? Thanks for your help and I am very happy I found this board there is a lot of great info here.

bazzap

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone I am a new timeshare owner and intervall registered user. I own a silver week at the marriott shadow ridge in Ps. I wanted to trade my 2015 first time use for next year. I put in a request for trade with II 4 days ago. I requested a 2 bedroom unit at marriott frenchmans cove in St thomas. I just got word tonight that my trade went through. I requested Sept first to Nov first. The week I got was October 23 to the 30th. My question is first off how is vi in october? Second is if I decide to turn down this trade and shoot for September what is the likely hood I will obtain it? I did such a broad time frame because I have heard that it's pretty hard to trade my timeshare for vi not sure how true that is. I really did not expect to hear anything so quickly. Should I pull the trigger on this trade or shoot for the days I really wanted to go? Thanks for your help and I am very happy I found this board there is a lot of great info here.
We stayed at MFC late October / early November some years ago now and just caught the tail end of a tropical storm.
I believe that unless you are unlucky you should find the weather better and less unpredictable then rather than in September.
That would be my choice anyway.

BJRSanDiego

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sands of Kahana, Desert Springs I, DSV2, Shadow Ridge Enclaves Dlx

I suggest that you pay $49 and buy the ePlus and then do daily manual searches to see if you can slide the dates to Sept. or earlier.

IMHO, trading a Silver Shadow Ridge for St. Thomas Frenchman's Cove is a pretty good trade, even though it is their low season. Also, only waiting 4 days is really a short period. But maybe I'm wrong.

stout1out

Reaction score
Thank you for your help I am every excited my sister has the marriott point system so she is going to book the week before and we plan on doing a 14 day stay there so that should be really nice. I was very excited to hear about the trade coming through so quick it's nice to be able to have it secure so early. So what is this e thing you speak of? And how exactly does it work? And how will I be able to see if other dates come up?

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Ocean (Enrolled)
MVC Trust Points
So what is this e thing you speak of? And how exactly does it work? And how will I be able to see if other dates come up?

Check out THIS post....with several links to threads on E-Plus.

aka Julie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Shadow Ridge (platinum)
Unless you buy the e-plus, you only have 24-hours to cancel your exchange (from the time posted on your email confirmation). Otherwise you would pay another exchange fee.

I agree that the e-plus is a good idea, however, you will have to check Interval frequently to see if something comes up on-line. Also, anything that shows up on-line is leftovers after II has fulfilled any ongoing requests.