• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Sympatico.ca customers please read

Makai Guy

Administrator
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Spicebush (Hilton Head Island)
In working with two different TUGgers with email addresses at Bell Canada (i.e. sympatico.ca email addresses), we are finding that emails from our TUG mail server are not getting through. It seems likely that Bell Canada is blocking all email from our mail server. :wall:

Why should you care? The bbs sends you email for a number of reasons, among them:
  • password reset
  • email address update
  • notification you've received a private message
  • emails from other users sent via the bbs
  • notices of new posts in subscribed threads or forums
If sympatico is really blocking mail from us, none of these messages will get through to you. Also, nobody with a sympatico.ca address will be able to register as a new user of the board.

To see if this is true in your case, you can submit a request for a reminder of your bbs login info by entering the email address in your bbs profile here: http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/login.php?do=lostpw -- the board may show you an Invalid Redirect error, but the email will be sent.

If you run this test, please report back whether you receive the email.

Last edited:

moonstone

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Beach Club at St. Augustine Beach, FL (1 floating week, purchased in 1982)

77,000 RCI points (Sunrise Ridge Resort, TN)
Doug, we have/use a Sympatico email adr as our primary email but I am pretty sure I registered with TUG using my personal hotmail email. I tried to put our Sympatico adr into your link but got a message to the effect of that email isnt recognized.
I tried to help :doh:

~Diane

Makai Guy

Administrator
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Spicebush (Hilton Head Island)
I have a sympatico.ca address and registered with that address several years ago. I just tried your test and received the following message Invalid Redirect URL (http://tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=219582)
I did instantly receive the reminder for my login bbs info.
Yes, as I said, the board may show a Redirect Error (don't really know what that's all about, but it's only a display problem at our end) but the emails are sent.

Glad to hear the message got through. This means either they're not blocking everyone's mail, or the overall problem has been fixed.

Thanks for checking.

Last edited: