• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Debating between purchase resale at following resorts - help!

kmjf

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are planning to purchase a redweek timeshare resale at one of the following resorts and would appreciate any feedback. Our goal is to use the timeshare every other year and exchange every other year, so need to know if any of these are good RCI weeks traders. Also, we are interested in feedback on each resort. We have two teenagers and are looking for a resort that has activities of interest to them as well as clean facilities, etc.

Many thanks in advance!

Umbrella Beach Resort - Holmes Beach, FL
Charter Club at Marco Beach,Fl
Waterside by Spinnaker, Hilton Head, SC

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Eagles Nest, DVC-AKV, HHI
we own a summer 3 BR at WAterside

WE stayed at various HHI TS for 8 years. We bought Waterside (resale) b/c it was our favorite--location, pool, big, clean units, newer resort. Thru RCI, we could only go every 4 years, so we bought one 3 years ago. If you are the 2nd buyer, you get a golf package (meaning you MUST buy from the original owner). If you golf, it really does save several hundred dollars each visit.
The location is good for teens, they can take free shuttle to Coligny area beach, which has rentals, etc. and "action." They can also walk to stores and putt-putt. WE prefer to walk down the back road to the residential beach (not crowded even on 4th July week).
Feel free to PM me and I can give you details about price we paid, etc. Elaine (ps-I am depositing my 4th July week next month and could tell you better then what type of trader it is).

Carol C

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Since not all red weeks trade the same within RCI, you have to make sure you buy a red week in a popular destination in a prime season like summer or a school holiday. Prime summer beach weeks are the best, and HHI is very high demand as a location...so I'd guess Waterside by Spinnaker would have the best trade power in that season. If you end up buying a resale floating time week, always make sure it floats during the prime school vacation weeks so you can choose one of those to bank with RCI.

lprstn

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Since these are not points resorts, which one do you see yourself using most often. That one is the one that will be the best buy for you. If you are purchasing at a weeks only resort you really want to be able to use it at least 50% of the time, and you want it to trade well when you decide to trade it as you are paying your MF's and the trade fee for your 1 week.

Nancy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Which weeks

For trading, I think it would depend on the week. A fall week in FL probably wouldn't trade as well as a snowbird season week.

Nancy