• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

2BR 2Bath Townhouses at St. Augustine - Wk 12 - Pet Friendly

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resort: The Townhouses at St. Augustine Beach and Tennis Resort
Unit Size: 2BR 2Bath "Villa" ***PET FRIENDLY***
Week: Fixed Week 12, Fixed Unit 610, Saturday Check-in (All fixed weeks are pet friendly Saturday check-ins, all floaters are no pets Sunday check-ins at this resort)
Usage: Annual Beginning 2015
Most Recent Maintenance Fee (2014 paid): $530.00 annual (Incl. Tax) - Next maintenance fee will be due Jan 1, 2015.
Purchase Price: $1
Resort Transfer fee: $100
Closing: $299
Exchange: Interval International

This one pains me to give away but with 16 owned units and my kids 2015 Spring Break falling on week 13 instead of 12 it makes sense to let it go. I am not ready to eat the closing and transfer fees at this point.

Week 12 is a pretty good week and pet friendly is rare. This will also rent at or better than maintenance fees with so many FL Spring Breaks during week 12 but it probably won't rent for too much over the fees. Renting is a decent backup plan.

This exchanges decent but not fantastic. Probably what is expected from a $530 fee timeshare.

Full use of the tennis club and facilities is included with ownership while occupying.

I still own two fixed week 27 units. Even though week 27 shows as higher TDI in II this week 12 actually instant trades better.

Some of the townhouse units are two story with 2.5 baths and others are ground floor single story villas with 2 baths. There are both types within the same building structures. This fixed unit is the ground floor single story type with no stairs.

I have one person to hear back from on taking this unit. Feel free to ask any questions.

http://www.beachandtennisfl.com/

http://beachandtennisfl.com/blog/

http://staugtimeshare.com/

PropMap_zps14badea2.jpg

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
Do you have to pay a fee to bring pets?

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Do you have to pay a fee to bring pets?

No, there is no fee for pets. The HOA absorbs any expense. There are actually three HOA's at this resort, which is really a timeshare condo rather than a "service" oriented resort. One of the HOA's, "I", has only pet friendly units, while the other two, "II" and "III", are not pet friendly. This makes it easy to keep the pet expense segregated and not charge fees to the occupants.

There is a size restriction on the pet but I'm not sure how it is enforced. There have been some reports of occupancy count enforcement.

Last edited:

chriskre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- SSR, Poly,
Wyndham Las Cascadas
HGVC Tuscany Village
Bluegreen CMV UDI
RCI pts at VVParkway
Enchanted Isle resort.
Wow, this is great for pet owners.:)
I wish more timeshares would separate a few units for pet owners.:(

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enchanted Isle.
[Please use the private message function for this post.]

Last edited by a moderator:

Laurie

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Sent you a PM ... what's the size restriction for pets? I've looked at the website and can't find that. Also there was this:

"St. Augustine Beach and Tennis Club Condos no longer allows guests to bring their pets. However the Resort still allows your furry pet to come with you."

Not sure what that means - can a timeshare owner rent their unit privately to someone who brings their pet? Or no?

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Would you consider renting rather than selling next year? You sound reluctant to sell, and I am hesitant to buy yet another timeshare. If we could work something out let me know.
TerryC

I would but only if I don't have a taker by the time I pay maintenance fees. I can justify keeping each one of my weeks but I really should unload some of them.

Last edited:

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sent you a PM ... what's the size restriction for pets? I've looked at the website and can't find that. Also there was this:

"St. Augustine Beach and Tennis Club Condos no longer allows guests to bring their pets. However the Resort still allows your furry pet to come with you."

Not sure what that means - can a timeshare owner rent their unit privately to someone who brings their pet? Or no?

If you look at my posting above of the property map you will notice that on the far right is "Beach and Tennis Condos". That is a completely separate property but it is managed by the same Coastal Realty. That property is beach front and does not allow pets. When they refer to the "Resort", they mean the dba "Townhouses at St Augustine Beach and Tennis Resort".

There are actually 5 sections on that property map:

Lower Right - The "Beach Club", which is also known as "The Beach Club at St Augustine Beach and Tennis Resort" in Interval International. This timeshare property is not managed by the same Coastal Realty. It is also not pet friendly. The full name is almost identical to The Townhouses but the two resorts do not share their owned facilities. They do both however share in the free use of the Tennis Club facilities.
Upper Right - Previously mentioned "Beach and Tennis Condos".
Lower Middle - Between "Pond" and "Beach Club" - "Townhomes", not to be confused with "The Townhouses" property.
Upper Middle - "The Tennis Club" - Indoor & Outdoor pool and tennis courts. Membership required so the public does have access. Owners and visitors to the other properties have complimentary access.
Left - "The Townhouses at St Augustine Beach and Tennis Resort". These are all the numbered units that you see on the left section of the property map. These units are comprised of the three HOA's I was referring to.

The size restriction on the current rules state two pets and no more than 60 lbs each. The rules state that you must register in order to bring pets to the pet friendly units but I am not sure they are actually doing this. They weren't during early 2012 but the current rules appear after that. I will call today to find out but if that is the case it appears a formality. So they have documentation on the pets at the resort. I believe this may have been brought on by complaints or incidents with aggressive pets.

Last edited:

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enchanted Isle.
[deleted - misplaced]

Last edited by a moderator:

VegasBella

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Inn
Avenue Plaza
Riviera Beach & Spa
Aquamarine Villas
Wow, this is great for pet owners.:)
I wish more timeshares would separate a few units for pet owners.:(

Me too. We usually hire pet sitters but it adds up. It would be nice to bring pets sometimes.

moonstone

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Beach Club at St. Augustine Beach, FL (1 floating week, purchased in 1982)

77,000 RCI points (Sunrise Ridge Resort, TN)
Our son is interested in this week but has a few questions I cant answer.

First, how much is the membership to II (we are members of RCI) & what is the exchange fee (within the USA). Also, do you know if it would be possible to trade the use of this week to another week (at the same location) for a week earlier (Canadian school break) or later in the year (Oct.) & would it cost an II exchange fee or do the townhouses have an in-house exchange program?

I looked through the II site & cant see the answers.

Thanks,
~Diane

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Our son is interested in this week but has a few questions I cant answer.

First, how much is the membership to II (we are members of RCI) & what is the exchange fee (within the USA). Also, do you know if it would be possible to trade the use of this week to another week (at the same location) for a week earlier (Canadian school break) or later in the year (Oct.) & would it cost an II exchange fee or do the townhouses have an in-house exchange program?

I looked through the II site & cant see the answers.

Thanks,
~Diane

Sorry, I just noticed your post. Besides the II expenses already answered I am not aware of an internal exchange program at this resort. I am pretty sure they do not have one but it doesn't hurt to call them and ask. It is fairly easy to exchange back into TAS through II for an exchange fee.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Bump. There is an AC offered on the 2015 usage so I am thinking about depositing it. If anyone is interested in this let me know as soon as possible. 2015 will either be deposited before December 12 or rented out if no takers on the ownership.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Bump and probably the last. Completely free and may come with an extra free vacation week. PM for details.

ricknhsv

Reaction score
Dang, $44.17 per month in maintenance fees is good and you get to take your pets. I pay more to board my two dogs when I go on a vacation for a week.

5finny

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just checked on historic average weather highs
75 degrees F on 3/23

Compare to Destin Fl 70 degrees on 3/23

I forget what current is on the atlantic side but an extra 5 degrees is nice

Last edited:

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Dang, $44.17 per month in maintenance fees is good and you get to take your pets. I pay more to board my two dogs when I go on a vacation for a week.

I know the pain. I just boarded 3 dogs for 10 days. I won't be doing that again because we can't afford it.

Last edited: