• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Weird (but beneficial to me!) Airline Pricing!

gcoleman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Ko Olina Beach Club
Marriott Boston Customs House
Hi,

MY wife and I are flying out to O'ahu next month, and had set up our travel on Delta using frequent flyer miles.

Then we got a note from Delta saying that they had to change our flights, and that I should call to work out the new arrangements.

Many of the flights now were full, or at bad times, so I struggled on the phone with the agent for awhile trying to figure out what to do.

Finally, I said, look if I'm making a change, why shouldn't I try to make it comfortable for me. I asked how many more frequent flyer points I'd have to add to the mix to upgrade to first class.

After a moment of searching, the agent came back and cheerfully told me that first class was cheaper than the coach ticket I'd purchased!

So my wife and I are flying first class, and Delta refunded 15,000 miles to my account!

How about them apples? I'm not sure what lesson I learned here...

G.

MichaelColey

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
That's actually fairly common, but most people don't think to check First. With the advent of Saver and Anytime awards (and Delta is even more convoluted than that), First Saver awards are usually the same price or a bit less than Coach Anytime awards.

LisaRex

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Used to own: WKORV-N; SVV - Bella
Congratulations! I always click on First Class just to see, and sometimes it IS cheaper to book First.

falmouth3

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
That's great news. I found that too the first time we went to Hawaii. No such luck since then, though.

BevL

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
hawaii is one flight that we spend our ff miles for first - it's long from the west coast, let alone from your side of the country.

apologizing for my poor typing i'm on my travel computer and i hate this teeny tiny keyboard