• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Villa categories at WKORV?

blahblah18

TUG Member
Reaction score
I understand there are:
- Ocean Front Centrt
- Ocean Front Deluxe
- Ocean View
- Island View
- ... and something called "Island View Deluxe"??

What exactly is that last category?? What makes it "deluxe"?

Thanks all!

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Island View Deluxe and Ocean Front Deluxe are both corner units, slightly larger, and significantly higher maintenance fees:

Westin-Kaanapali-Ocean-Resort-Villas-Two-Bedroom-Deluxe1.gif

Last edited:

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
I think its the designation for end units.

ETA: I see Denise beat me by a few seconds. That is the unit layout I was assigned, and the agent at the check in desk said I was getting a Deluxe unit.

Sent from my iPad Mini 4 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
I understand there are:
- Ocean Front Centrt
- Ocean Front Deluxe
- Ocean View
- Island View
- ... and something called "Island View Deluxe"??

What exactly is that last category?? What makes it "deluxe"?

Thanks all!

There are 3 villa types:
2Bd LO Deluxe (corner)
2Bd LO Premium
1Bd Premium

There are 3 views:
OF (one OFC, two OFD)
OV
IV
(The 1 Bd Prem is only OV)
The studio side of OFC has a balcony, unlike OV/IV with only Juliet balcony.
The studio side of the Dlx has a balcony.

MF per SqFt:
2Bd LO OFC<2Bd LO Prem<1Bd Prem<2Bd LO Dlx

simple as that... ;)

Last edited:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Clarification: There are no "stand-alone" one bedrooms in the IV or OF categories.

In other words, they only sold stand-alone one bedrooms with ocean views.

There are one bedroom IV and OF villas - but they are half of the 2 bdm. lock-offs - not separate one bedroom villas.

LisaRex

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Used to own: WKORV-N; SVV - Bella
In other words, they only sold stand-alone one bedrooms with ocean views.

FYI, the dedicated one bedrooms are the villas directly behind the OF villas, so their views should be really good.

IOW, looking on the resort map for buildings 2 and 3, villas 30/31 are the OFC units. Villas 27/29 and 26/28 are the OFD corner units. Villas 24 and 25 are the 1 bdrms. I noticed this when I passed them the last time I was in Hawaii.

Similarly, in building 4, Villas 00 and 23 should be 1 bdrms, but if they didn't sell any IV 1 bdrms, then a 1 bdrm owner wouldn't be assigned to these units.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
There are 1 Bd stand alone villas on opposing end of buildings (B2, B3) from OF as well.

MAJPLO

TUG Member
Reaction score
Building 6- are the rooms numbered 44 Deluxe?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Building 6- are the rooms numbered 44 Deluxe?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bldg. 6 is in the North Phase. The South phase is Bldgs. 2, 3, 4. The deluxe units are in the original (south) phase.

Last edited:

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
Did you get this designation on your II reservation or was this the unit assigned to you at check in?

I think its the designation for end units.

ETA: I see Denise beat me by a few seconds. That is the unit layout I was assigned, and the agent at the check in desk said I was getting a Deluxe unit.

Sent from my iPad Mini 4 using Tapatalk

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
II reservation numbers have nothing to do with they unit type or view they assign. Don't even bother trying to analyze it. They won't take requests but if you manage to find someone who will take one, it will likely be ignored by the person assigning rooms. You will get what you get and if it isn't ideal just leave your room and enjoy the common areas that are the same for everyone.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
II reservation numbers have nothing to do with they unit type or view they assign. Don't even bother trying to analyze it. They won't take requests but if you manage to find someone who will take one, it will likely be ignored by the person assigning rooms. You will get what you get and if it isn't ideal just leave your room and enjoy the common areas that are the same for everyone.

Thanks for the input, since in WKORV-N, at least I won't have a parking lot view. Just getting this resort is a dream come true.

larryallen

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
KOBC x6, Westin Kierland x2, and we went to the darkside and bought points!
On the NORTH side what are the view options? It appears most are ov with just a few of units, yes?

SMHarman

TUG Member
Reaction score
My understanding is that if you exchange in you always get IV.
Most likely. Owners get their deeded view if they book before 8 months. Same for those renting from owners

What's left is for SO And II exchangers.

From next year you can use extra SO for of/ov. So SO renters will get what they booked and ii get what's left.

LisaRex

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
My understanding is that if you exchange in you always get IV.

That's what you should expect, but you can be upgraded if you're lucky. For my trip last year, I was upgraded twice to OF Deluxe. First was a Wed-Sat reservation using SOs that I booked about 7 months prior to my trip. The second was a direct exchange with an OV owner, who reserved at 12 months out.

FYI, it was low season so that definitely helped. The front desk clerk recognized me as a Gold SPG member, but I doubt that had much to do with it.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
That's what you should expect, but you can be upgraded if you're lucky. For my trip last year, I was upgraded twice to OF Deluxe. First was a Wed-Sat reservation using SOs that I booked about 7 months prior to my trip. The second was a direct exchange with an OV owner, who reserved at 12 months out.

FYI, it was low season so that definitely helped. The front desk clerk recognized me as a Gold SPG member, but I doubt that had much to do with it.

I'm not too lucky, so I'm expecting IV, with perhaps a view of construction. Since this is s II exchange I'm thinking that I will be on the bottom rung. I also have a strike against me in that my reservation starts on a Friday and we are not arriving till Saturday. So I'm thinking whatever room is left late Friday night is the unit I will be assigned. My only fear is that they give me a hassle for checking in one day late

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score

Did you know the other owner? That seems like a good idea for two owners to get Home Resort and timestamp advantages.

LisaRex

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Did you know the other owner? That seems like a good idea for two owners to get Home Resort and timestamp advantages.

I didn't know him. We did a direct exchange. I'd reserved a 3 bdrm at HRA for May '14 and it turned out we couldn't use it because my daughter got engaged, which kind of ruined our plans. :) So I posted an ad here on Tug for a direct exchange, and a WKORV OV owner contacted me. He took my '14 week in exchange for his '15 week. It ended up working out well for both of us, and I didn't break any rules (to the best of my knowledge) because neither of us profited.

Stljayhawk

TUG Member
Reaction score
Any advice for us?
We own at WKV and are going to try to make a reservation for Maui at exactly 8 months using our star options. We LOVE the "south" side, and ideally love the stand alone 1 bedroom units. (They do have a really nice ocean view, and a great balcony). We will be reserving a 1 bedroom (hopefully). We are concerned that since we do not own at WKORV, and therefore do not have a deeded view, we will be given IV. I think I have read that there really is no IV on the north side. Should we reserve on the north side for a better chance of an ocean view?
Either way, we will have a great vacation, and not let the "view" disappoint us- we would have paid the extra money for an ocean front of that were the case- but would love an ocean view if we could get it!!!!
Thanks!

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Both phases have island view - north has no parking lot view.

In the south phase, both sides of bldg. 4 face parking lots - although one is considered an ocean view.

With a Staroption exchange, you should expect to get an Island View, and consider it a nice upgrade if you get a better view.

Last edited:

LisaRex

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Any advice for us?
We own at WKV and are going to try to make a reservation for Maui at exactly 8 months using our star options. We LOVE the "south" side, and ideally love the stand alone 1 bedroom units. (They do have a really nice ocean view, and a great balcony).

I don't know of a way to get one of the stand alone 1 bdrm units as an exchanger because all of the 2 bdrms consist of a 1 bdrm and a studio.

FYI, I opted to book WKORV as an exchanger because my other reservation (direct exchange) was for the south side and I was HOPING that I'd not have to change villas. That didn't work out very well, but I was given a sweet upgrade both times.

I think that if you reserve in low season at 8 months out, you'll have a better chance of getting upgraded from IV on the south side. If it's during peak time, then I'd book the north side just to be sure.