• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

multiple usage ID’s on file are not eligible to book online.

okwiater

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV 2B Plat+ (x2)
WSJ 3B Plat+ (VGV/BV)
WLR 2B Plat+ Oceanside
SMV 2B Plat+
Sheraton Flex (x2)
Are you calling me odd

Honestly, I just want a fix.
You do have direct purchase ownerships and I believe they would be more then happy to keep you happy as a (partial) retail purchaser with elite status.
There is no such incentive for me as a strictly resale purchase plus I really don't think their system knows how to handle the CV resale ownership yet
Remember, I was the first resale purchase. It took 8 weeks for them to figure out how to do the estoppel letter.

No, I wasn't calling you odd, I was calling the situation odd. No matter what, I'm glad they seem to have provided you a solution that will work. I just think it is strange that I have not experienced any issues despite the variety of ownerships I have coexisting in a single account.

GrayFal

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
Apparently it is a combination of above. I now will have two separate log ins.
Because it is points, Coral Vista will be in its own account and had to be assigned a different email address to access online and a different Usage ID number.
My other mandatory ownerships (three) are under a separate Usage ID number.

All 4 ownerships are under the same membership number.

It take 24 hours for the changes to take place. I did try to register with the new email but it says that the CV contract is associated with another account so will try tomorrow.

Path, thanks so much for that phone number. It was totally the same department.
Thanks Lisa for pointing out since I am not a 5 star elite, it does not matter if my stuff is in one account as they have different usages and can not combine.

Will report back late tomorrow. :banana:

The number you gave me to call said in order to split there had to be a separate email associated with the ownership.

I said, that's it????

She said Yes, that simple.

I gave her my alternate email.

She then proceeded to give my the two different usage IDs and the one membership number.

She did say the system needed to refresh overnight, since I got the error message above I will do as she said and wait until tomorrow.

And you were correct in that my three SVN mandatory contracts did have different usage IDs, now they have one.

The person I spoke to understood exactly what I was trying to do.
It was a pleasure dealing with her.

That is so odd. I have a total of 8 ownerships, running the gamut of mandatory, voluntary, requalified, non-requalified, resale, developer, and Flex/points weeks. All 8 are in the same account and have never caused any issues at all, including with the online reservations system.
No, I wasn't calling you odd, I was calling the situation odd. No matter what, I'm glad they seem to have provided you a solution that will work. I just think it is strange that I have not experienced any issues despite the variety of ownerships I have coexisting in a single account.

YIPPEEEEEE :banana:

It is fixed but not how I thought it would be!

I tried again this morning to connect the Coral Vista ownership with the new email log in I created. Did not work, very disappointed.
"This ownership account is already connected to an online SVN Account"

But then I thought, what the heck, let me try and make a reservation in the old account with my leftover 6,000 SO.

So I logged into my existing SVN account and all four Ownerships are there.
I Searched for a one day Resie at Harborside and I was able to go all the way thru the process and reserve. :clap:

So it seems I might have misinterpreted what was said to me regarding the Usage ID and email.....:shrug:

What apparently has happened is that the points package needed a separate Usage ID and in order to do that it needed to be associated with a different email BUT they are able to be kept in the same account.

I have canceled the Resie I made and will try again tomorrow to make another Resie to see if today was a fluke or the actual fix to my problem.

Last edited:

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
YIPPEEEEEE :banana:

It is fixed but not how I thought it would be!

I tried again this morning to connect the Coral Vista ownership with the new email log in I created. Did not work, very disappointed.
"This ownership account is already connected to an online SVN Account"

But then I thought, what the heck, let me try and make a reservation in the old account with my leftover 6,000 SO.

So I logged into my existing SVN account and all four Ownerships are there.
I Searched for a one day Resie at Harborside and I was able to go all the way thru the process and reserve. :clap:

So it seems I might have misinterpreted what was said to me regarding the Usage ID and email.....:shrug:

What apparently has happened is that the points package needed a separate Usage ID and in order to do that it needed to be associated with a different email BUT they are able to be kept in the same account.

I have canceled the Resie I made and will try again tomorrow to make another Resie to see if today was a fluke or the actual fix to my problem.

I doubt it was a fluke, they fixed it the way they were supposed to.

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I doubt it was a fluke, they fixed it the way they were supposed to.

Agree, it was me who did not interprete what was said correctly.
Hopefully a happy ending.

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
Agree, it was me who did not interprete what was said correctly.
Hopefully a happy ending.

In any case, congrats on fixing your issue. I've been there before and know how frustrating it is specially when you know what the issue and the fix are and the rep keeps saying that is not correct.:wall:

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
In any case, congrats on fixing your issue. I've been there before and know how frustrating it is specially when you know what the issue and the fix are and the rep keeps saying that is not correct.:wall:

As a final follow up I was able to make another online reservation today. Will cancel it later today.

And I still have an email rep trying to tell me it is something else. And the original one did not get back to me.

And it was fixed the way it needed to be fixed but no one out of 6 separate reps I spoke to over the phone and via email knew how to fix this.

Thanks pathways25 for your spot on recommendation. :cheer:

pathways25

TUG Member
Reaction score
As a final follow up I was able to make another online reservation today. Will cancel it later today.

And I still have an email rep trying to tell me it is something else. And the original one did not get back to me.

And it was fixed the way it needed to be fixed but no one out of 6 separate reps I spoke to over the phone and via email knew how to fix this.

Thanks pathways25 for your spot on recommendation. :cheer:

I'm glad to hear that you're back online!

Consumer Affairs is now involved in my situation and they've promised me that the IT department will make some improvements (without saying what those would be) for me in the next week. Hopefully, I'll be back online soon as well.

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Follow Up - I seem to be "disconnected" again.

I went to check my account to see what the CV Maint fee was and noticed my CV HomeOption Reservation for this November was missing :eek:

I then clicked on my "Account Balances" and saw my three SVN Weekly Ownership Interests listed with correct point balances and then an * with the following statement…

*Although your StarOptions from your multiple club memberships are displayed as a full balance, you cannot combine them or use them online. Please contact Owner Services for assistance utilizing your StarOptions :wall:

I did try to make an online resie and got the dreaded - you have more then one SVN Owner ID - message.

And then below the SVN VOIs was my Ownership Balances with "Home Option Interests" listed - stating I had my full allottment of HO for 2016 available - not good! :bawl:

So I seem to be back to square one….they were able to find my reservation using the resie number and will cancel and rebook it under my account.

And when I described the first issue it is now back to Marlene in Membership Administration to once again sort it out :shrug:

LisaRex

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Used to own: WKORV-N; SVV - Bella
What a PITA. Good luck getting this sorted out. I think that they owe you a free drink or five.

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
What a PITA. Good luck getting this sorted out. I think that they owe you a free drink or five.

Now wouldn't that be nice :cool:

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score

Good luck fixing this.

I just transferred one week to my name at the end of last week and I could not be happier. It is the first time I have transferred a week seamlessly without having to call SVN to remove the previous owner account ID.

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
My Resie in November is ALMOst right. I had a Sunday check in and now it is Saturday.

The saga continues I am sure. :annoyed:

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

I went to check my account to see what the CV Maint fee was and noticed my CV HomeOption Reservation for this November was missing :eek:

I then clicked on my "Account Balances" and saw my three SVN Weekly Ownership Interests listed with correct point balances and then an * with the following statement…

*Although your StarOptions from your multiple club memberships are displayed as a full balance, you cannot combine them or use them online. Please contact Owner Services for assistance utilizing your StarOptions :wall:

I did try to make an online resie and got the dreaded - you have more then one SVN Owner ID - message.

And then below the SVN VOIs was my Ownership Balances with "Home Option Interests" listed - stating I had my full allottment of HO for 2016 available - not good! :bawl:

So I seem to be back to square one….they were able to find my reservation using the resie number and will cancel and rebook it under my account.

And when I described the first issue it is now back to Marlene in Membership Administration to once again sort it out :shrug:

Finally called today and they had one of my 3 mandatory ownerships under a different Usage ID. Once they corrected it, I immediately saw the change and the above highlighted statement was gone.

So all good again. Hope it "sticks" this time.

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
Finally called today and they had one of my 3 mandatory ownerships under a different Usage ID. Once they corrected it, I immediately saw the change and the above highlighted statement was gone.

So all good again. Hope it "sticks" this time.

It should. I've fixed the issue multiple times (for different VOIs) and never had to circle back to fix again. Good luck...

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
It should. I've fixed the issue multiple times (for different VOIs) and never had to circle back to fix again. Good luck...

That IS odd because I checked my notes from my previous phone call and all three accounts were under the same Owner ID. So I am not sure how it managed to "revert back" to a different number.

But checked again today and it is still corrected. Will continue to check periodically.

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
That IS odd because I checked my notes from my previous phone call and all three accounts were under the same Owner ID. So I am not sure how it managed to "revert back" to a different number.

But checked again today and it is still corrected. Will continue to check periodically.

It sounds like this happened after the VSE switch. Did you check the day after the switch or you just noticed recently? It still does not make sense it would go back.

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
It sounds like this happened after the VSE switch. Did you check the day after the switch or you just noticed recently? It still does not make sense it would go back.

Further up this thread, I posted I discovered the change in the account in April :shrug:

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
Further up this thread, I posted I discovered the change in the account in April :shrug:

Forgot about the timing, thread has been going on for a while.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I had a similar issue to this today, though not as unique as Pat's. We had a mandatory ownership we bought back in June and had an online account. We just picked up a second week. First it wasn't associated with our online profile. So I called last night and they has that fixed. But then I saw the dreaded message about not being able to book online because of multiple memberships. So I took @pathways25 advice in post #7. Though they referred to themselves as "Program Administration". They weren't able to fix it on the phone but referred it internally to be fixed. Within the hour, the message was no longer showing when I reviewed my available options on the website. Not I just need to get the MF bill fixed as the second week is still showing the full $140 VSN fee instead of just $45.

It seems that Vistana has it setup where they can tie ownerships to a single profile, but those ownerships can be under different VSN accounts. Both have to be in sync to be able to view and book online seamlessly.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Just had a new week added to our account and have the dreaded message;
*Although your StarOptions from your multiple club memberships are displayed as a full balance, you cannot combine them or use them online. Please contact Owner Services for assistance utilizing your StarOptions.

Going to have to make a call to get this fixed.

Sad thing is that this week was transferred in to our names about one business day too late. Had to pay our 2018 MFs in advance in order to borrow the StarOptions from next year. Had this been done last week, I would have had all the points I needed sitting in 2017.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Just had a new week added to our account and have the dreaded message;

Going to have to make a call to get this fixed.

Sad thing is that this week was transferred in to our names about one business day too late. Had to pay our 2018 MFs in advance in order to borrow the StarOptions from next year. Had this been done last week, I would have had all the points I needed sitting in 2017.
It took two calls and 72 hours this time to get our VSN IDs synced up on our new week. I called them back today because it had been three days and we still had the message that we couldn't reserve online. They said that it can take 72 hours and that the person that usually does them had been on vacation but had returned. Within a few hours we no longer had the message on our account balances page that we couldn't combined SOs from multiple weeks and would have to call to use our StarOptions.