• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Will Resorts Hold a Reservation if you Miss Checkin?

Richardsdeals

TUG Member
Reaction score
Curious:

If you have a 7 night reservation and for some emergency reason (illness, car breakdown, etc.) you miss check in and arrive a day late, will resorts allow you to use the last 6 nights of the reservation?

I am assuming you would need to contact the resort. Just curious if people have lost reservations when they were not able to get there on the first night.

RC

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
Curious:

If you have a 7 night reservation and for some emergency reason (illness, car breakdown, etc.) you miss check in and arrive a day late, will resorts allow you to use the last 6 nights of the reservation?

I am assuming you would need to contact the resort. Just curious if people have lost reservations when they were not able to get there on the first night.

RC

Yes. It is a good idea to call them and let them know, though.

ilenekm

TUG Member
Reaction score
Absolutely. We have done this a few times when we couldn't get the exact dates we wanted. We just call a day or so in advance

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

MichaelColey

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
For most resorts, you don't even need to call. It's not like a hotel. The room is blocked for the entire week, so it'll stay empty if you don't use it.

It's still probably a good idea to call, though. Many times, as people are checking in, if people ask for a different room location/view/etc, they'll swap a couple units around. By being late to check in, you might end up in a less desirable location or unit. If you call and let them know, you have a better chance that they'll leave your unit selection alone.

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would always call the day before or the morning of scheduled check-in and confirm my reservation was recorded in their system. If I wasn't going to arrive on my scheduled check-in day, I would ask them to note in their system when I was going to arrive. Never had a problem.

George

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Suggestion only, to be safe please called the resort and left them know you will be checking-in late.

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
We did this at one if our resorts, weren't able to get there til Sunday morning, called them ahead of time and told them. This year when we told them we were coming in they asked us at what time we would arrive, so they could be there to welcome us. It is just like visiting family, you call ahead to let them know, then they are ready for you when you arrive.
Silentg

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
Agree with others, if you know you won't be there on check-in day you absolutely should call, because there is a policy if you don't let them know they can cancel it within 24 hours of a no-show.

MichaelColey

TUG Member
Reaction score
Agree with others, if you know you won't be there on check-in day you absolutely should call, because there is a policy if you don't let them know they can cancel it within 24 hours of a no-show.
This may be the policy with hotels, but I don't know of any timeshares that do this.

We've probably had a dozen or more stays where we checked in late. At first, I always called. Every time I did, they would always assure me that it wasn't a problem and would usually say (or imply) that calling wasn't even necessary. Now I don't worry about it as much.

But calling ahead certainly is a good policy.

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
This may be the policy with hotels, but I don't know of any timeshares that do this.

We've probably had a dozen or more stays where we checked in late. At first, I always called. Every time I did, they would always assure me that it wasn't a problem and would usually say (or imply) that calling wasn't even necessary. Now I don't worry about it as much.

My position is that if you have the interval, you have the interval, but it doesn't cost anything to give a quick call and let them know you will be a day (or more) late.

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points

There are some but I can't name them without doing a lot of looking back. I have seen on resort's web sites to call or the ressie will be canceled after so many days.

I have checked in late and left early but always call if I'm going to be late. I want to make sure they know I'm coming.

Richardsdeals

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks!

I never thought of this until a recent situation. With my job, I sometimes have last minute things come up that require my attention for 1 or 2 days.....so it just occurred to me that this might be an issue when I have a reservation and am in the 15 window.

Good to know.

Thanks again!

RC

djohn75087

Reaction score
we do it all the time

We do this often if we will be arriving in the city early and we don't want to wait until 4 to check in. We will book the room with an extra day on the front end, call the day we were supposed to check in and then we get to check in during the morning hours when there are no lines or crowds. It's not a bad deal if you have a few extra points for the year.

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score

I am talking about Wyndham Vacation Resorts (timeshares) and they do have the policy that the reservation may be cancelled after 48 hours.

This is from the current directory:

"If you will be checking in late, please notify the resort of your late arrival and check-in no later than 48 hours after your scheduled arrival date. Failure to do so may result in the cancellation of your reservation without notification and forfeiture of all CLUB WYNDHAM Plus points associated with your reservation."

This is a risk I'd rather not run, but to each his own, I guess.