• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Myrtle Beach trip coming up

rick398

TUG Member
Reaction score
We've got a week at Seawatch Plantation coming up in August. It's or first time there and I was looking for suggestions for things to see and do. We've got kids aged 15,14,&9. I've looked up a bunch of stuff online but it's always nice to hear from food who have been there!

TIA!

scootr5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
We've had fun on the dolphin cruise - http://www.hurricanefleet.com/myrtle-beach-dolphin-adventure-cruise.shtml - we've don it twice.

The Myrtle Beach Pelicans are the Cubs A-Advanced team, the games are cheap and fun.

Brookgreen Gardens is about 30 minutes or so south of Seawatch. Beautiful flowers, sculptures, a small native zoo, and a butterfly exhibit. Tickets are good for seven days.

Last edited:

Gophesjo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Broadway at the Beach is another kind of local zoo - fun in the evenings...

RandyM

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ripley's aquarium is a great stop. Check out the Skywheel. Barefoot landing has great shopping and restaurants.

Cheryl20772

TUG Member
Reaction score
My parents took me to Brookgreen when I was probably 13 or 14 and it made a huge impression on me. I learned to love the bronze work of Remington and at the zoo there was a talking crow. I never knew a crow could be taught to talk like a parrot. There is a beautiful bronze of some horses in full gallop there by Gutzon Borglum. If you ever make it to South Dakota, he's the man who carved Mt. Rushmore.

Ron2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bonnet Creek Resort and Wyndham CWA
If your kids like the beach, there won’t be much need to venture off site. There is plenty to keep them occupied at SeaWatch. As others have said, there is no shortage of things to do and see in the Myrtle Beach area. We usually do the off-site activities in the evening.

travs2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Everyone will love being in Myrtle Beach and as mentioned there are tons of things to do and see there. The race car track is awesome for young and not to you for racing fans. Shopping is awesome and restaurants abound. Try The Mid Town Bistro around 17th St in NMB. They have very reasonable daily specials and the food is yummy! Enjoy...you will all have a great time! :hi: