• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Williamsburg Manor House?

Luvtravel98

Reaction score
Hi, We are thinking of doing a short Williamsburg stay this coming summer. Was thinking of booking Manor House. Is the Manor House sequel the sme resort. We were thinking of a one bedroom. The website says one bedrooms have a full kitchen but I want to be sure they all do.

BocaBoy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Chateau
Hi, We are thinking of doing a short Williamsburg stay this coming summer. Was thinking of booking Manor House. Is the Manor House sequel the sme resort. We were thinking of a one bedroom. The website says one bedrooms have a full kitchen but I want to be sure they all do.

I assume you mean Marriott's Manor Club? The original section is all dedicated 2BRs and the Sequel is all 2BR lockoffs. All the 1BR parts of the lockoffs have a full kitchen. HOWEVER, the Sequel is a typical Marriott timeshare (very nice) but the original section has spectacular villas, especially in the Berkeley Manor building. You would be well advised to try to reserve the original section, even if you do not need the space. It is well worth the extra cost. I think the villas themselves in Berkeley (where we have always stayed) are second only to Kauai Lagoons of the 20 Marriott timeshares we have stayed at. They were originally built to be full ownership condos and it shows.

TSPam

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC, Embarc
Hi,
The one bedroom units have a full kitchen and a washer and dryer in the unit. They are a pretty standard Marriott 1 bedroom unit but they have a gas fire place. The balcony on the sequel side is a bit bigger than the original side. Both have only short end tables. I wish that there was a larger table that you could eat at.

BocaBoy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Chateau
Hi,
The one bedroom units have a full kitchen and a washer and dryer in the unit. They are a pretty standard Marriott 1 bedroom unit but they have a gas fire place. The balcony on the sequel side is a bit bigger than the original side. Both have only short end tables. I wish that there was a larger table that you could eat at.

The dining room table in Berkeley (original side) is huge. The original side units also all have gas fireplaces. This is a very nice feature in the winter months, but they are turned off during the warmer months.

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
The dining room table in Berkeley (original side) is huge. The original side units also all have gas fireplaces. This is a very nice feature in the winter months, but they are turned off during the warmer months.

Berkeley units also have high ceilings, huge closets, an extra vanity room unto itself, and in general a fantastic HOMEY layout. As Boca says, they were constructed to be sold as private condos/permanent residences, so if you get that assignment, expect great things. Everything about that building is exceptional.

hjtug

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Renovations at Manor Club

but the original section has spectacular villas, especially in the Berkeley Manor building. You would be well advised to try to reserve the original section, even if you do not need the space. It is well worth the extra cost. I think the villas themselves in Berkeley (where we have always stayed) are second only to Kauai Lagoons of the 20 Marriott timeshares we have stayed at. They were originally built to be full ownership condos and it shows.

We will be staying at Marriotts Manor Club during New Years week as we have done for the past few years. So far we have stayed in the Governors Manor Building and enjoyed its convenience for the activities. After reading the above and other similar posts I decided to try Berkeley Manor. However, in a phone call I was informed that renovations will be started in Berkely Manor during the week we will be there. I put in a request for another stay in Governors Manor.

Last edited: